Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Is Ibuki a disaster compare to other iX cruisers?

47 comments in this topic

157 posts
4,084 battles
9 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

Taiho : u wot????????????????????

DB & TB good, Fighters worthless compared to USN, which considering that most Essex players use Air superiority builds makes Taiho a lot less effective without heavy ally AA.

Concerning Ibuki, I found her best chance is to either stealth fire by hiding in friendly DD smoke or firing backwards using IFHE. She just can't take hits like the other tier IX cruisers.

460 posts
8,365 battles

I wouldn't say Fuso, Nagato, Minekaze, Kamikaze R ..(insert other good IJN ships).. or Furutaka are inferior. Don't know about the Ibuki personally as I don't have it.

319 posts
6,896 battles
27 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Did someone say IFHE with 203mm?

e8bh6RC.jpg

I use IFHE on my Mino... I don't get many shatters with it now.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Strange.....  Ibuki is ok on my play style.

Concealment build, Firing discipline (hit & run), 17km range (stock at the moment), exploit if I find the situation favorable to me, etc.

980 posts
12,617 battles
9 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Strange.....  Ibuki is ok on my play style.

Concealment build, Firing discipline (hit & run), 17km range (stock at the moment), exploit if I find the situation favorable to me, etc.

Yeh because thats how its meant to be played. 

Some people I see play it like a French cruiser

157 posts
4,084 battles
8 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Did someone say IFHE with 203mm?

e8bh6RC.jpg

It was the only way I could fight, as my ability to do any damage was pretty much nil. RNG was never in my favour for setting fires, even with all the flags and IFHE turned off, so I used IFHE to piss off De Moines and Benson's, never went near any BB's.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles
2 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

It was the only way I could fight, as my ability to do any damage was pretty much nil. RNG was never in my favour for setting fires, even with all the flags and IFHE turned off, so I used IFHE to piss off De Moines and Benson's, never went near any BB's.

you do realize that IFHE literally does NOTHING for 203 cal gun right?

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

slow ROF, slow shell, poor armor

ibuki just a boring BB bbq burner and not very much else

but zao is next so i guess no choice have to go thru it

157 posts
4,084 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

you do realize that IFHE literally does NOTHING for 203 cal gun right?

Well, my AP shells bounced off everything I targeted and my HE shells never set fires, so I basically never did any damage, I started using IFHE and I managed to do something to other cruisers.

At least your bad luck with RNG got you flags, mine just left my Ibuki useless.

In the end I ended up Free XPing to Zao.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,280 battles
2 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Well, my AP shells bounced off everything I targeted and my HE shells never set fires, so I basically never did any damage, I started using IFHE and I managed to do something to other cruisers.

At least your bad luck with RNG got you flags, mine just left my Ibuki useless.

In the end I ended up Free XPing to Zao.

IFHE increase penetration, not damage. And given the calculations of the game, IFHE doesn't really bring any more areas you can pen for 203mm guns other than the Montana's deck and 1 more boat I think. Go switch to Demolition expert, you're not getting the game mechanics right bro

1,386 posts
8,250 battles
24 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

IFHE increase penetration, not damage. And given the calculations of the game, IFHE doesn't really bring any more areas you can pen for 203mm guns other than the Montana's deck and 1 more boat I think. Go switch to Demolition expert, you're not getting the game mechanics right bro

Penetrates NC/Iowa/Missouri/Montana deck for high tiers, IIRC also works for Kongo and Fuso in low/mid tiers. IMO not worth it unless for total USN BB haters.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,280 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Penetrates NC/Iowa/Missouri/Montana deck for high tiers, IIRC also works for Kongo and Fuso in low/mid tiers. IMO not worth it unless you hate USN BB so much.

there we go, basically a near useless skill for 203mm

157 posts
4,084 battles

On 28/09/2017 at 1:46 PM, FishyPower said:

there we go, basically a near useless skill for 203mm

You know what, [content removed], I try my best to play this game but every time I try either people like you scream that I 'm a worthless pile of shit that should just die or team killers that happily kill me telling me I'm a noob or the fact that WG can't even fix their miserable servers so that on the rare chance that I get in a game I'm kicked within 5 minutes, so you and everyone else in this hateful and downright toxic game can just leave me alone.

I am so sick of the elitist garbage in this forum telling me that I 'm worthless, what makes you so great, the fact that you don't have a job and leach off society while I have to read report after report of children and teenagers that have been murdered or sexually abused. I come here to get away from my real life but every time this place just drags me back down into depression and hatred.

Insults. Post edited.

~amade

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,280 battles
On 28/09/2017 at 1:59 PM, darkflame88 said:

You know what, [content removed] , I try my best to play this game but every time I try either people like you scream that I 'm a worthless pile of shit that should just die or team killers that happily kill me telling me I'm a noob or the fact that WG can't even fix their miserable servers so that on the rare chance that I get in a game I'm kicked within 5 minutes, so you and everyone else in this hateful and downright toxic game can just leave me alone.

I am so sick of the elitist garbage in this forum telling me that I 'm worthless, what makes you so great, the fact that you don't have a job and leach off society while I have to read report after report of children and teenagers that have been murdered or sexually abused. I come here to get away from my real life but every time this place just drags me back down into depression and hatred.

Look here, no one is calling you useless.We are saying that the skill you picked is useless and switching to something else would be much more beneficial.

Quote updated.

~amade

Sign in to follow this