Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MabelKyan

Want to say something to WG about this Clan Battle.

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
7 posts
16,966 battles

I want to ask this question to WG. What do you think the Clan is?

Surely, there're many Clans that just want to play this game easily with friends. Many Clans want to be the best of the server. The players' levels  are uneven.

But do you really think this is a competitive game? Or just a "Play for fun" game?

Even if only a little bit like a competitive game, then all these practices and the tactics for the battle are meaningful.

I used to be looking forward to this Clan Battle. But after reading the announcement, I think it sucks.

Forgive me for using such strong words. But it SUCKS!

First, only 1 BB and no CV? Have you really played the game and understood what their respective roles should be? I played over 11,000 games and about 3,000 of them are used CV. I can tell you, the CV has an indispensable position in Team Battle. Scout, let teammates know what do enemies going to do, spot the Torpedoes. Yes, the AA is too strong for a CV in T10 Team Battle. But I believe all the players who are willing to play carriers in team battles, that they know the difficulty to be a good CV, and it's their duty. Why no CV? To give the noobs an equal chance to fight? As I said, this game, at least the Clan Battle this single Battle Mode, should be a competitive game, should be a stage for good players, to show the teamwork between all ship types. Except CV? Why don't delete the CV branch from all tech trees?

Second, the rentable ships for Clan Battle. I know this is to attract more players to take part in this new Battle Mode. But as I said before, the players' levels are uneven. Maybe they don't have the ability to control them. At last, they lose and lose again. Do you think they will continue to play Clan Battle? Or maybe they will think some T10 ships are weak and stop clamb that branch?

I have a suggestion for this. Why not continue the play mode of Team Battle? Maybe use scores or stars to distinguish the rank of the clans. Maybe same Tier in 6 or 7 or 8. CV no more than 1, BB no more than 2, the rule is well known by many players, and there are lots of mature tactics. Easy to get used to.

English is not my mother tongue. I don't know if these words can be heard by WG. I love this game. I just don't want this game to get worse. Or all these 11,000 times of battle means nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,249 battles

Hi Kyan

IMO Wargaming is pushing clan battle way too fast. The hype for the clan battle mode is certainly high, and WG definitely is trying to get their client back to some “oh hell im giving up the shyt game” people’s hard drives... But face it, it isn’t the right time for this. The game still has a long way to go before it’s ready for some seasonal team based competition. The player base right now is not big enough for WG’s current envision of clan battle. Many people don’t have a reserve fleet large enough for the event, and limiting clan battles to T10 for both the noob clans trying to get the team on voice chat and the unicums going for the top league isn’t that much of a good idea. Temperorily available ships are not the answer. It’s just how WG kicked T5 out of scenario. The devs are being lazy, they are trying to cut corners when dealing with problems.

Also, WG in that announcement of “T10 is balanced” is simply so powerless. And again the devs are being lazy. CV having such a big skill gap and such important team play responsibility? Fine, kick em outta the game. People ranting about BB OP? Fine, kick em out too. Sounds like how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to balance the force.

BTW I think submitting a support ticket can be a better way of delivering your opinion to the devs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,502 posts
25,688 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

IMO Wargaming is pushing clan battle way too fast. The hype for the clan battle mode is certainly high, and WG definitely is trying to get their client back to some “oh hell im giving up the shyt game” people’s hard drives... But face it, it isn’t the right time for this. The game still has a long way to go before it’s ready for some seasonal team based competition. The player base right now is not big enough for WG’s current envision of clan battle. Many people don’t have a reserve fleet large enough for the event, and limiting clan battles to T10 for both the noob clans trying to get the team on voice chat and the unicums going for the top league isn’t that much of a good idea. Temperorily available ships are not the answer. It’s just how WG kicked T5 out of scenario. The devs are being lazy, they are trying to cut corners when dealing with problems.

Also, WG in that announcement of “T10 is balanced” is simply so powerless. And again the devs are being lazy. CV having such a big skill gap and such important team play responsibility? Fine, kick em outta the game. People ranting about BB OP? Fine, kick em out too. Sounds like how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to balance the force.

 

Soon but not this week, not next week...........>>> November maybe

Dark side will rule all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,249 battles
8 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Soon but not this week, not next week...........>>> November maybe

Dark side will rule all

Devs: The emperor of balance is coming here?

Octavian: That is correct. And, he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress (with clan battles). :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PAR-D]
Beta Tester
18 posts
6,323 battles

Yeah this sett up makes me think my group of friends won't be taking part in this clan season. My only teir 10 ships are Midway and Yamato and having to learn the rental ships while under fire is a stupid idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
381 posts
9,957 battles

The 1 BB rule sure sucks. It should be at least 2. A 2/2/3 composition is way more balanced than 1/3/3, especially considering the fact that t10 cruisers are much more competitive against BB and DD than at lower tiers.  

 

Having a selected amount of t10 ships for rent is also bad. If they want absolute equality, they should open all tier 10 ships for players, plus a 19 point captains and free cost for equipping upgrades - ofc everything is usable only in clan battles.

 

I think it's worth experimenting the no CV rule however. Not because we should care about the noobs - that is a bad reason, but because CV spotting places too many limits on gameplay. When I watch EU competitive, it feels like everything DD can do is to become a smoke slave, then find some cover near cap and wait for enemy fighters to go away so they can reverse into the cap. BB and CA can sit in smoke for hours unpunished because they have CV spot torpedoes in advance so they have plenty of time to react. All of this leads to a stale gameplay and that's with a 6-squad Shokaku in 9v9 format. With a 8-squad Hakuryu in a 7v7 format, the room for unusual movement/ship distribution would be zero. You'll pretty much need to have a DM or Hindenburg with DFAA to escort you if you want to do any sort of flanking, otherwise the best way is to group up all 6 ships and just push forward. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[151ST]
Member
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

For those that haven't read the post:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/clan-battle-format/


There are two big issues with this whole thing, first one is the maximum numbers in clans, see:


The second is the tier 10 format and what they've had to do to make sure there are enough people in a clan with a tier 10...
FYI They will give Zao, Shima and GK to any player with a tier 8-10, just for CB - not allowed to equip camo. These three ships will be replaced in successive updates, totaling 9 different tier 10 ships for the CB season.

 

Without addressing the clan numbers issue, this tier 10 format will compound the skill difference between clans (see my post's hypothesis - there simply aren't enough people in clans to allow for a decent number of clans in CB queue).

I'm still going to try and get CB working with my clan, cause oil but I don't think it's going to be a fun time or even matches without some serious work to clan numbers and CB tier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles

Clearly this really sucks for those people who play mostly CV's, and play them at a high level.  They would feel excluded from something they were probably excited for.  I feel for them.

However, the people it doesn't suck for is everyone else.  Given good CV players make up a minuscule percentage of the player base, they've clearly gone with the vast majority here.  Having the outcome of a battle mostly dependent on one team member is crap for everyone.  Given you can't balance a team with a CV vs a team without a CV, then you'd have to match up teams so that it was only CV vs CV or non-CV vs non-CV.  This would create a double tier system, and only the teams with decent CV players would play with them - and they would struggle to find competition.  It really does ruin the whole setup having CV's available to play - which is why they decided to exclude them.  Now if they had actually worked out a way to make them reasonably balanced then we wouldn't be in this position.

As for the one BB rule, this is also really WG admitting they can't balance these ships properly.  They are OP, so they are effectively admitting they can't limit the power of them in the short term, so they will simply limit the numbers.

It's not ideal, but I honestly think that given the balance in the game right now, the way they have decided to go will get the most enjoyable and fluid battles for the vast majority of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AUSNZ]
Member
420 posts
16,063 battles

I do have to wonder whether in upcoming ranked seasons as well that the 1 BB rule will come into play for all the reasons they have stated Hmmmm :fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
203 posts
11,795 battles

Glad to see I'm not the only one who get triggered by this so called "End game content".

 

First of all No CV in this modes mean me as a cruiser driver has to respec skills to take something that is actually useful than AA. Good bye Cruisers having a role of "Providing Anti Air support for the fleet" now Cruiser is just a Flanker / Kiter and lastly DD Supporter.

 

What's with this E-sports wannabe format huh?

This is not clan battles its another "Team Battle" (a mode you just leave it to death) and "Ranked Battle". Why bother making another different mode if its just going to be the same!?

 

Don't rush your content just to messed up again and again please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
250 posts
13,188 battles
1 hour ago, MikuChrome said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who get triggered by this so called "End game content".

 

First of all No CV in this modes mean me as a cruiser driver has to respec skills to take something that is actually useful than AA. Good bye Cruisers having a role of "Providing Anti Air support for the fleet" now Cruiser is just a Flanker / Kiter and lastly DD Supporter.

 

What's with this E-sports wannabe format huh?

This is not clan battles its another "Team Battle" (a mode you just leave it to death) and "Ranked Battle". Why bother making another different mode if its just going to be the same!?

 

Don't rush your content just to messed up again and again please.

Do you really think they have an Idea how "clan wars" works? 
given a long-awaited 2 years and they still screwed this up badly.
rush or not, they still managed to screw up again and again. 
:cap_haloween::cap_book::cap_wander_2::cap_fainting:

Edited by New_Horizontal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,498 posts
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

As for the one BB rule, this is also really WG admitting they can't balance these ships properly.  They are OP, so they are effectively admitting they can't limit the power of them in the short term, so they will simply limit the numbers.

It's not ideal, but I honestly think that given the balance in the game right now, the way they have decided to go will get the most enjoyable and fluid battles for the vast majority of players.

 

Don't start the OP bull #$%@ again, that jag is getting a bit worn out....

 

If you think cruisers & DD "are the vast majority", how come 

1; there are so many battleships waiting all the time in queue , 

2; we ALWAYS have to wait for cruisers & DDs to queue up so the game can start because there are never enough??

 

DD whingers, & cruisers are the most VOCAL MINORITY, thsts why you think they are more popular...

It doesn't make them a better ship though.

I think you need to re examine your numbers...

 

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
53 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

 

Don't start the OP bull #$%@ again, that jag is getting a bit worn out....

 

If you think cruisers & DD "are the vast majority", how come 

1; there are so many battleships waiting all the time in queue , 

2; we ALWAYS have to wait for cruisers & DDs to queue up so the game can start because there are never enough??

 

DD whingers, & cruisers are the most VOCAL MINORITY, thsts why you think they are more popular...

It doesn't make them a better ship though.

I think you need to re examine your numbers...

 

Ordrazz

nothin personal, but your 2 points  contradict each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

CW at its current state is a joke, it encourages unskilled play and punnishes a entire class of players, total bullshit

 

If you think about the unicum CV players, or as we call them CV mains, they are extensively known for their CV plays, and in most cases, they are not extraordinary in other classes, or, at least, not better than the players in their clans who are already reputed for other classes. So basically you are sending these CV players to side benches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
32 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

If you think about the unicum CV players, or as we call them CV mains, they are extensively known for their CV plays, and in most cases, they are not extraordinary in other classes, or, at least, not better than the players in their clans who are already reputed for other classes. So basically you are sending these CV players to side benches.

yeah, thats the point isnt it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,249 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

 

Don't start the OP bull #$%@ again, that jag is getting a bit worn out....

 

If you think cruisers & DD "are the vast majority", how come 

1; there are so many battleships waiting all the time in queue , 

2; we ALWAYS have to wait for cruisers & DDs to queue up so the game can start because there are never enough??

 

DD whingers, & cruisers are the most VOCAL MINORITY, thsts why you think they are more popular...

It doesn't make them a better ship though.

I think you need to re examine your numbers...

 

Ordrazz

Wow dude don’t start the war again...

But IMO, BB is the type to go for most people when they started the game, who would dislike huge ships with big guns propelling tons of metal into the air ripping enemies apart? There are many people going for CVs but well... fun CV game play 10/10 best WG joke (2016-2017)

But as they progress through the tech tree, more and more people will transfer to the cruiser side, cruisers, other than those with heavy team play responsibility, are relaxing and fun to play without too much RNG trolling( my Monarch game yesterday had 41hits/234fired, with a salvo fired at a stopped broadside Kii ending with a perfect straddle, splashing water all around the ship with no shell out of the nine fired hitting, ain’t happening for a cruiser right?) And at high tiers, when there is no new highly anticipated tech tree, CA/CL and BB players are generally of similar numbers. However, people have this rebel mindset which prompts them to think they are different and they are the oppressed minority. So the cruiser people are generally more likely to speak out for themselves and be dominant in the community. WG’s mindset is they want cruisers to be of the most numbers, for example 3BB6CA/CL3DD, a game with 4/4/4 is “BB TOO MUCH NEED NERF” for them, IDK why they get into this mindset tho.

From my view, you are probably “WG should respect the majority” guy, while most cruiser people goes “minority needs to be heard” while BB players aren't really much more in numbers than CA/CL players, unlike WG’s claims, at least in ASIA. For the recent BB number growth, RN BB release and Yamamoto mission going to BB stage is why. I can still remember how in the first week of Yamamoto cruiser missions there were often more than 6 cruisers in one team.

I’m not going to comment on BB balance, I don’t want to start an argument, but I do feel that high tier traditional (i.e. good ballistics, no heavy team play responsibility and spamming oriented) cruisers are way more enjoyable than other ships. And I do not like WG’s “we shape the game based on our understanding and preference, the players gonna adapt to it” attitude.

I’m CA/CL main and do play BB as a secondary class, I know you probably dislike people playing CA/CL, but plz do consider my opinion

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Don't start the OP bull #$%@ again, that jag is getting a bit worn out....

 

If you think cruisers & DD "are the vast majority", how come 

1; there are so many battleships waiting all the time in queue , 

2; we ALWAYS have to wait for cruisers & DDs to queue up so the game can start because there are never enough??

 

DD whingers, & cruisers are the most VOCAL MINORITY, thsts why you think they are more popular...

It doesn't make them a better ship though.

I think you need to re examine your numbers...

 

Ordrazz

I didn't say cruisers and DD's are the vast majority, I was saying that excluding CV's is good for all but the best CV players.  That is the vast majority.  It includes BB captains.

The reason there are so many BB's in queue are because they are very powerful, very forgiving of mistakes, and very easy to play.  Clearly this combination will (and does) attract a great many players, especially if you aren't confident in your abilities.

There are definitely more BB players than players of other classes - that's the problem - or more correctly that's a symptom of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Well, I expect clan war to be diffrent

instead the format were boring....  

the implementation were.... did they want to do e-sports thingy with that ?

 

at one match at King of the Seas tournament, there interesting match where 1 clan dont have a single battleship (its like 2 khaba, gearing, 1 CV and 3 stealhfiring Zao) versus a team with 5 battleship at the core (3 yamato and 2 Kurfurst if I remember)

Thats what I expect from clan war, well they instead go with very rigid competitive format

 

IMHO not everyone that join clan is in for competitive spirits, sometimes they just in for shyt and giggles

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Let's not go into BB CV CA/CL keyboard battles. Right now WG's full focus is to buff negative skilled DD player base.

 

1. Not allowing CVs cause DDs become passive or ineffective.

2. Removing AP pen because it is not DDs duty to do everything he can to not get hit, it's your duty to not be able to do significant damage.

3. Introducing torpedoes that don't work against DDs.

4. Adding AP bombs which won't harm DDs much.

5. Giving shimakaze for free.

 

As for competitive meta, if you make the game rules so strict, then every team composition will look more or less same. And all the clans will eventually find out optimal lineup and keep following that. It will soon be very boring. We won't be able to see many creative strategies. So I agree with @humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,249 battles
3 hours ago, humusz said:

Well, I expect clan war to be diffrent

instead the format were boring....  

the implementation were.... did they want to do e-sports thingy with that ?

 

at one match at King of the Seas tournament, there interesting match where 1 clan dont have a single battleship (its like 2 khaba, gearing, 1 CV and 3 stealhfiring Zao) versus a team with 5 battleship at the core (3 yamato and 2 Kurfurst if I remember)

Thats what I expect from clan war, well they instead go with very rigid competitive format

 

IMHO not everyone that join clan is in for competitive spirits, sometimes they just in for shyt and giggles

IIRC I promised someone not to bring a whole team of Zao into CB... on a second thought, maybe it isn’t a bad idea... 7 Zao with ZAO tag... sounds pretty interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×