Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvilJade

Has any body done the "Rush C" achievement?

8 comments in this topic

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

This is 'Deal 30,000 damage by main battery and 20,000 damage by torpedo in single battle using Ognevoi, Udaloi or Grozovoi' but fire damage does not count to the 30k main damage.

If they did how?  I'm aiming with AP at BB superstructure and if i'm lucky maybe 1k damage. (playing the Ognevoi).

You would be lucky to citadel with these guns so how can you get 30k damage?

Advise please?

492 posts
7,661 battles
2 hours ago, EvilJade said:

This is 'Deal 30,000 damage by main battery and 20,000 damage by torpedo in single battle using Ognevoi, Udaloi or Grozovoi' but fire damage does not count to the 30k main damage.

If they did how?  I'm aiming with AP at BB superstructure and if i'm lucky maybe 1k damage. (playing the Ognevoi).

You would be lucky to citadel with these guns so how can you get 30k damage?

Advise please?

Ognevoi is going to be the hardest out of the 3 to do this in. You only have the 4 guns in 2 turrets so the DPM you put out is a lot less than the other 2 DDs. Ognevoi was a real grind literally!

Got to rely on the torps as your main damage dealer and when you get the opportunity and use the guns when you have the advantage against distracted and isolated targets. You need to know how to kite away to get into cover while firing guns. Very hard to deal consistent damage with ognevoi as you need to turn quite a bit to get both guns on target. Honestly to get this achievement in the ognevoi kind of sucks as the guns are the weakest part, yet you need to get 30k damage with. Not impossible at all, just hard in this ship when you can't count fire damage.

What captain skills are you running? How many point captain? Double concealment build is very desirable as you are going to be relying on the torps so much.

Use smoke when you get the opportunity and as @FishyPower says pray for broadside cruisers when smoked up for those citadels with the AP. These 130mm guns AP will citadel completely broadside cruisers, but again only having the 2 turrets really hurts. Not enough shells out in a salvo to do real damage. Even killing a DD can be hard. If it was me I would be sneaking around targeting BBs with torps and using the guns only when I have an advantage against DDs or cruisers. Watch ognevoi guide from Flamu.

2 hours ago, yukionfire said:

Why AP?

HE is better since u cant expect any citadels

Not trying to get citadels. 130mm pop gun is never going to citadel a BB belt armour lol! As op said BB superstructure. 130mm Russian AP against BB superstructure is a very valid tactic. I get better and more consistent damage in my Grozovoi using AP against BB than with HE. HE first to start at least 1-2 fires, then switch to AP and spam the superstructure. When fire goes out or target uses damage control, switch back to HE for more fires. Then back to AP after setting at least 2 more fires. I get regular 1500K + salvos against broadside BB superstructure in my Grozovoi. Just remember to spread your AP shells around as the sections of the BB superstructure get damage saturated.

Tactic approved and recommended by Flamu.

Edited by HobartAWD

492 posts
7,661 battles
7 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Hax. Mod ples ban.

Ha ha. lol. I wish. :Smile_teethhappy: So much for proof reading when tired. :cap_wander: Try 1.5K.

163 posts
7,901 battles

I was dreading those last 2 DD achievements, got lucky with the Udaloi though on a third battle.  My plan was just to play normally with guns blazing away, that would get me the battery damage easily.  Then hope that a game played out where I would have the opportunity to torp or ambush which is much harder with only 8km fishes.  Ended up in a game with < 100hp left defending B cap behind an island, only 4 ships left on each team and we were ahead on points.  Had an Amagi, a CV and some CA rush me either side, guess the CV was hoping for a secondary hit lol.  Anyway landed a sweet set of fishes for Rush C.

Had more issues with "not by torpedoes alone", was switching between Shiratsuyu  and Akizuki, took like 30+ battles.  On Shiratsuyu I would easily do torp damage and so many times came up short on gun damage by < 1000hp.  The opposite in Akizuki, more than enough in battery damage but would struggle landing torps.  All the others achievements are a breeze compared to the two DD ones.

It's nice to get them all, don't give up.

[PEEDZ]
22 posts
5,771 battles

I did it in the Udaloi.

Had an Izumo sitting behind an island, was able to rush him point blank,  and got him with both sets of torps. 

Was able to spam the guns enough for the shell damage. Have only got the reward that one time though.

Sign in to follow this