Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jayde2405

Unable to save image of any screen in wows

8 comments in this topic

29 posts
8,309 battles

Recently I have not been able to save any image from wows.  I press Printscreen, go to paint and control V and it is all black.  I can save images from any thing else that I use.  Just not wows. 

I only found out a few days ago when I tried to save a result screen after shooting down 40 aircraft with a Nagato.  I've been in the game about 18 months and the first time I've had this problem.

Any advice 

29 posts
8,309 battles

I don't even know what a Steam client is.  I not very computer literate and I had been getting bye fine for so long.  Some little thing must have changed or I've done something wrong.

29 posts
8,309 battles
42 minutes ago, amade said:

You don't have to paste it anywhere. When you press PrtSc it automatically saves to the game's screenshot folder.

Wow.  Never knew that.  Took me a little while to find the file but I did and the image I was after was there. 

Thanks  :)

Edited by Jayde2405

248 posts

i literally have never been able to get the print screen button to work on any computer i have owned since 2004.

i have no idea why. W7 has a snippet tool. in accessories. it's ten times better because you can crop to the size you want no the whole screen.

but it's not a 1 button fix. you can enable replays so if something like this happens you can just grab a frame from fraps later.

you load the file with fraps running, cap the bit which is important,

then load that small piece of video into media player classic, go to the frame you want, and SAVE AS> JPEG

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

Yeah, usually when I took the screenshot then Ctrl + V to Facebook. The result is just plain black color image with correct size/resolution.

The game listens to the command, saves the picture in screenshots fold by itself.

However, prntscrn is also an OS function. It takes the screen data, which is technically the background of the game, to the buffer, so when you paste it, you just see black screen.

Sign in to follow this