Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
aussie_wes78

The mighty HMAS Perth.....her last battle

4 comments in this topic

9 posts
4,185 battles

I have just finished reading the book Cruiser : the life and loss of HMAS Perth and her crew by Mike Carlton. It's a very detailed history of the Perth from the time of transfer from the Royal Navy to the RAN and through to the battle in Sunda Strait. The book then details what happened to the crew in the Japanese POW camps. A very interesting book and doesn't pull any punches in regard to the treatment of the crew by their captors.

SnipImage.JPG

481 posts
7,606 battles
3 hours ago, Black_Prince_NZ said:

I have just finished reading the book Cruiser : the life and loss of HMAS Perth and her crew by Mike Carlton. It's a very detailed history of the Perth from the time of transfer from the Royal Navy to the RAN and through to the battle in Sunda Strait. The book then details what happened to the crew in the Japanese POW camps. A very interesting book and doesn't pull any punches in regard to the treatment of the crew by their captors.

I got it for Christmas when it came out. High time I gave it another read to remove the cobwebs. From my mind that is, not the book. :Smile-_tongue:

I can highly recommend it, as well as his other 2 books I have. First Victory, HMAS Sydney hunting the German raider Emden. Flagship, Story of HMAS Australia II, heavy cruiser in the Pacific war with Japan.

Sign in to follow this