You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Rant - how many others had a horrific night last night ??

31 comments in this topic

1,490 posts

Last night, was the most horrific time of bad RNGesus I have EVER experienced !!!

No matter what ship or tier I played, I couldn't get ANY game with my damage exceeding 35,000 !!!!

I have never experienced that since I started playing !!

& what makes it worse, I was in a div for most of the night !! 

Shots missed, I was abandoned by my fleet (we both were), stupid players sitting in cap the whole game, & the enemy well, they spent a lot of matches just sitting in smoke for most of the match not advancing, & some of their gameplay seemed just as bad....

I know that there are good days & bad, but I just couldn't suddenly loose my skills just like that.... I'm seriously not that bad, usually I'm one of the last 3 surviving in a bad match,  not because I run away & hide, I am a aggressive player, so i do considerable damage while on low health...

Is it just me who got my face punched in by fate, or did other poor souls experience this as well??

<prays for better days ahead>

Ordrazz

156 posts
3,374 battles

Only managed to lose 2 from 2 last night, but yeah it seems RNG was toying with me too. Straddling a broadside cruiser at point blank range isn't enjoyable. 

The teams weren't great, and for some reason there seems to be a big spike in AFK players lately. They're present in every game at the moment, and it usually takes half the game for them to start moving. Sometimes there's 2-3 players AFK for the first few minutes of the game. Is there some server fault or something?

683 posts
7,358 battles

Instead my opponent side had super good RNG in one game last night.. I was citadelled 3 times in 3 minutes no matter how I angle, and my friend in DD took at least 3 normal pen damage from Yamato/Montana. We melted.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,233 battles

Been like this for the past week or so for me...

Highlights of yesterday though... detonated twice in my Alabama. One shotted twice in my Zao whilst spamming WASD by Yamatos on the other side of the map.

Constantly hitting the mountain BEHIND a broadside Amagi that was grounded while aiming at its waterline.

And then there was that same guy I met several times on my team that reversed to the border from the start of the match and typed "hahaha" when people said to report him.

Fun and engaging, to say the least.

And yes, so many AFKrs and no-camo dds that don't load in until 2 minutes after the game starts.

268 posts
6,381 battles

Only the past week?  The past 6 months have been shit for me. 

2 minutes ago, xamdam said:

And yes, so many AFKrs and no-camo dds that don't load in until 2 minutes after the game starts.

This is depressingly common.

980 posts
12,617 battles

My win rate has been horrible since UK BBs have come out, and even worse since the undersea cable got typhooned.

Also steamroller games have been happening far too often (when 1 team kills everybody on the other team in 7 mins or less). 

Edited by LordTyphoon

268 posts
6,381 battles

Seeing a fair bit of this as well.  Enemy team immediately gets control of 3 caps, and starts getting kills.

It's especially annoying when you see 2x Belfasts and a Saipan divisioned together whilst being top tier.

GG

331 posts
17,077 battles

the way the ping is today the game is unplayable with pings of 300+ and packet loss.Guess i will be playing the NA server for a while then.

As it is now the asia server is probably unplayable if you're in AU/NZ right now.

every game it seems to be me facing the bulk of the enemy on one flank while the rest of the team gets sunk by 2 ships.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles

Dude did you notice you ping times? I was on around 10pm AEST and it was (relatively) fine at around 170ms. Jumped on at midnight (coz I neva sleap) and it was 300 - 500ms. Unplayable.

331 posts
17,077 battles

yes I did and it  from round 8 to midnight and it jumped up at around 930 pm for me it was over 300 from about 930. still over 250. I stopped playing after a couple of over 300 ping battles

248 posts

ABSOLUTELY one of the worst days gaming i've ever had in my life.

i had the day off and wish i'd chosen to do something else with it.

14 losses straight at one point. i AFK'd 3 ships into games out of anger knowing that

my team mates would be total wankers and they would deserve it.

[i couldn't hit anything either for some reason but at least i didn't sit in a corner the whole game]

sorry not sorry

Promoting/provoking EULA violations. User sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
5 hours ago, fuzzjunky said:

... i AFK'd 3 ships into games out of anger knowing that

my team mates would be total wankers and they would deserve it.......

sorry not sorry

Well [content removed] too! You deserve everything you got.

Insults, bypassing filter. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

248 posts

but i got "everything" first.

my action was a payback.

try as HARD AS YOU LIKE TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD bro,

but if i get a streak of clowns like that ever again i will do it

AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, zero regrets.

there is no real way i could get that many bad teams in a row without game dev intervention

and so i'm happy to annoy some of their customers while they decide to repair my matchmaking to normal.

i've spent more money on this game [150$ aus] than any other game in my life,

if they don't think i deserve the respect of some fair matchmaking them i'm happy to cop a lifetime ban

where i can wander around WOWs contributor videos forever warning people about what garbage this game has turned into.

double not sorry.

Edited by fuzzjunky

248 posts

i'm good at maths so let me explain why i'm not fooled by this anymore.

the chances of flipping a coin and getting a heads is .5

the chances of flipping it twice with the same result is .25

the chances of fliiping it again and getting the same result is .125

if we keep doing this 14 times, the chances of getting the same coin toss are  0.00006103515

the chances of me being on a good team or a bad team, are .5

the chances of me being on a bad team twice in a row are .25

the chances of me being on the bad team a third time are .125

you can see where i'm going with this yeh??

how on earth can i be getting 14 loss streaks?? am i winning the lottery every day??

and why don't i EVER NOT EVEN CLOSE get this kind of good team winning streaks???

i once had a 24 game losing streak. do you know what the chances of THAT are??

oh and i'm nooby?? is that what's coming.

been playing since official release. the chances of that are even less.

maths is your friend.

and if i'm such a bad player that i am causing teams to lose, then that's an even bigger problem.

someone who can get to rank 5 against the best players obviously is an average player, at the very least.

how can an average player cause a game of 24 ships to go one way EVERY SINGLE TIME??

spoiler = he can't

Edited by fuzzjunky

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles
4 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

i'm good at maths so let me explain why i'm not fooled by this anymore.

the chances of flipping a coin and getting a heads is .5

the chances of flipping it twice with the same result is .25

the chances of fliiping it again and getting the same result is .125

if we keep doing this 14 times, the chances of getting the same coin toss are  0.00006103515

the chances of me being on a good team or a bad team, are .5

the chances of me being on a bad team twice in a row are .25

the chances of me being on the bad team a third time are .125

you can see where i'm going with this yeh??

how on earth can i be getting 14 loss streaks?? am i winning the lottery every day??

and why don't i EVER NOT EVEN CLOSE get this kind of good team winning streaks???

i once had a 24 game losing streak. do you know what the chances of THAT are??

oh and i'm nooby?? is that what's coming.

been playing since official release. the chances of that are even less.

maths is your friend.

how about taking a break instead?

248 posts

i do that regularly. but you mean a break for the day??? 

unofrtunately the way they give out rewards doesn't allow that. i got my camo on monarch now so i probably could.

i came back for the british ships. haven't really played much since ranks.

it's my last horah anyway. i wanted to get my last games in while there were still some players left.

the next break will be permanent so i'm trying not to get there fast.

but otherwise i hear you

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles
47 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

i do that regularly. but you mean a break for the day??? 

unofrtunately the way they give out rewards doesn't allow that. i got my camo on monarch now so i probably could.

i came back for the british ships. haven't really played much since ranks.

it's my last horah anyway. i wanted to get my last games in while there were still some players left.

the next break will be permanent so i'm trying not to get there fast.

but otherwise i hear you

what i'm trying to say is that if you think you're having a bad streak, take a break (for a few hours or so, or just do something else) and come back later. No good will come out of it if you just keep playing with that streak with no expected changes.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 hours ago, fuzzjunky said:

ABSOLUTELY one of the worst days gaming i've ever had in my life.

i had the day off and wish i'd chosen to do something else with it.

14 losses straight at one point. i AFK'd 3 ships into games out of anger knowing that

my team mates would be total wankers and they would deserve it.

[i couldn't hit anything either for some reason but at least i didn't sit in a corner the whole game]

sorry not sorry

sorry, can you please leave AFK from the game for good then? please uninstall if the game triggers you so much, but dont screw over other people, god knows we have enough dumbasses running around screwing the game up anyway, what's one less?:fish_palm:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles
17 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

sorry, can you please leave AFK from the game for good then? please uninstall if the game triggers you so much, but dont screw over other people, god knows we have enough dumbasses running around screwing the game up anyway, what's one less?:fish_palm:

because of rage he afk 3 times and ruin the game for others

he should just quit this game..what a sore loser

also lose 14 match so what? i lose a lot too everyday and this didnt give me the right to afk and judge my teammates

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
4 hours ago, fuzzjunky said:

try as HARD AS YOU LIKE TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD bro,.....

double not sorry.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I'm say [content removed] and stop ruining this game on purpose.

Insults, bypassing filter. Post edited, user already sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

980 posts
12,617 battles

The solution is actually simple. 

You pick a low tier ship, and go club some seals. 

Theres nothing wrong with seal clubbing. You are allowed to play whatever you want to play. 

Edited by LordTyphoon