Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RalphTheTheatreCat

Should operations be restricted to Tier 6?

Should operations be restricted to Tier 6  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should operations be restricted to Tier 6

20 comments in this topic

[PAR-D]
Beta Tester
18 posts
6,320 battles

Personally i don't mind seeing tier 5s in operation. Seen some bad plays in both, have done terrible in both tiers myself. its down to the player i think.

that said carriers might want to be locked to teir 6 so they can manual drop, or maybe give back manual drops to low tiers please 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Depending on what operation was on at the time a T5 CV could work well.   A 201 bogue kept torp and DBs away from the fleet and a 012 can be used for damage if you were careful.   I could do it and I am the worlds worst CV player

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Well it's only a small sample size but seems pretty conclusive that the decision was not a good idea

Hopefully the Powers-that-be take note.

423 posts

HEY!  Operations are a great place for average/potato cv players like me to practice and still do ok on xp and credits.

Don't take that away.

Now, if T5 is really an issue, then here's my suggestion.  Make different operations restricted to different tiers.  

Example - Defense of Newport - That's a tough one, and bringing a T5 really does hamper the team.  On the other hand, Killer Whale is actually easy, bringing a T5 doesn't hurt the team.  I've done well in any T5 I've brought to that one.  

Take a look at how hard the operation is and adjust the tier to it.  (I think for most people, Defense will be hard enough with T7. So that could be the first T7 operations)  That would help Make Operations Great Again!, give the players different options when it comes to ships.  It also would help players know know which one is hard and which one is not. 

Alpha Tester
392 posts
On 9/23/2017 at 3:54 PM, Lord_Harrab said:

Personally i don't mind seeing tier 5s in operation.

Neither do I. However, I do wish we could also play T7 to balance it out. I don't mind three T5 IJN DDs on the team as long as I can play a T7 ship to carry them. Otherwise, good riddance. I've seen plenty of awful T5 players to know that I'm relieved to see them go back to PvP or co-op.

Edited by Nikolaevna

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
1 minute ago, Nikolaevna said:

I've seen plenty of awful T5 players to know that I'm relieved to see them go back to PvP or co-op.

That's exactly what we want, we want them to stay in PvE and not come to PvP!!

Alpha Tester
392 posts
12 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

That's exactly what we want, we want them to stay in PvE and not come to PvP!!

It's called 'Random' Battle for a reason you know.

9 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

T6 or T5 doesn't matter, it's the player skill

Of which there are only a few. They wouldn't waste their time playing PvE when they can put their skills to good use in PvP.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
23 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

Of which there are only a few. They wouldn't waste their time playing PvE when they can put their skills to good use in PvP.

PvE has some pretty decent rewards for first win. Taking a bunch of flags on a T6 prem for captain and credits farming works well

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
40 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

It's called 'Random' Battle for a reason you know.

And the other thing is PvE for a reason. No one really cares about what they do in there.

:wink:

Edited by icy_phoenix

423 posts
17 hours ago, FishyPower said:

PvE has some pretty decent rewards for first win. Taking a bunch of flags on a T6 prem for captain and credits farming works well

Operations are there to help reward good play and skill for lower level players, before going on to PvP.

16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

And the other thing is PvE for a reason. No one really cares about what they do in there.

:wink:

I care.  You have no idea how frustrating it is to have a dd torpedo snipe behind you (you in SC) at the bots while you have to slow them down from the base because EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING ______ALL  That dd stole all my kills!!!!!!!  Must do unspeakable offense that guy next time I see him.  (Been waiting a year, and can't remember his name anymore. Dang it. So play CL/CA to kill all DD! Insert Evil Laugh.)

Edited by BunnyDragon

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
3 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

Just FYI, you should not write masked f words and about tk in forums, as they are probably against the rules. Be safe.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this