You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xalt

Please reconsider the ban of Tier 5 ships from Operations

49 comments in this topic

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

There's very little technical advantage of t6s over t5s in operations. I am against this move because it is possible to carry an operation with a t5. If you want to ban t5s, please limit it to CVs as they do not have manual drop and thus the ai can easily dodge their torps. To prove it's doable, here are a handful of screenshots. It's not just DDs too, I've had excellent games in Murmansk, Marblehead, Texas, etc. I have a lot of fun levelling up my captains in operations with t5 premiums, it would be a big loss to lose this fun :'(

shot-17.06.24_10.43.51-0334.jpg

shot-17.06.24_01.28.36-0283.jpg

shot-17.07.18_01.58.30-0366.jpg

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

The tier was never the issue. A decent T5 player could easily outplay a T6 player who had no idea.   It came down to inept players who didn't have a clue how to meet the achievements.    I'm not sure where WG got their information on this change.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The tier was never the issue. A decent T5 player could easily outplay a T6 player who had no idea.   It came down to inept players who didn't have a clue how to meet the achievements.    I'm not sure where WG got their information on this change.

According to the patch notes, it's because lots of players requested for it.

Probably the only way to revoke this change would be to have the players who are against it outnumber the request of those who wanted it limited.

606 posts
7,614 battles

Gotta be a joke man....

what wrong with t5 ships in operations?..

Yet again, People can take advantage and use operation to get exp/credit and they still gonna whine about it

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Technically, most T6 do have a performance advantage over T5, as they should be. But it's the right choice of ship and the player's experience in scenario that matters. Knowing what type of ship/characteristics to bring for the scenario and knowing what to expect and how to deal with the situation is way more important than blindly go for T6 and discriminate T5 boats. Some T5 have advantageous characteristics T6 don't have, in some scenarios, particularly Killer Whale, Kongo's high speed is probably more desirable than Fuso's heavy armament. Iron Duke's high gun counts and relatively good precision can be fatal for cruisers in scenario Raptor, often proving to be more valuable than a Bayern. Kamikaze and Gremy are even better performing than their T6 counterparts. IMO scenario in it's 0610 status was quite enjoyable, and banning T5 isn't gonna make it better.

NEED MOOOOOOOAAAAAAR SCENARIO!

NEED SCENARIO FOR T8-10!

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Really????????????????????????????

RUserver bias?

Dunno about RU. But I see a lot of hate for it while playing scenarios in NA and copped some for playing Gremy (which is ironic since it's better than some T6s). It peaked especially during that time when people had the free T5 DDs from Dunkirk.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

3 minutes ago, amade said:

Dunno about RU. But I see a lot of hate for it while playing scenarios in NA and copped some for playing Gremy (which is ironic since it's better than some T6s). It peaked especially during that time when people had the free T5 DDs from Dunkirk.

Pretty sure I seen a few 'don't bring T5 to Operations' threads on the NA forum a few months ago as well.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
10 minutes ago, amade said:

Definitely this.

NA have a lot of hate when it comes to T5 vs T6 in ops.

It's pretty much the thought line of more (higher tier) is better.......

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles
11 minutes ago, amade said:

That about the only time I've seen it because the Dunkirk DD's were trash for the following scenario.

I've seen no surveys, no call for player feedback, in fact nothing.   its truly a nonissue here, and anecdotal issue on the NA server.   

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That about the only time I've seen it because the Dunkirk DD's were trash for the following scenario.

I've seen no surveys, no call for player feedback, in fact nothing.   its truly a nonissue here, and anecdotal issue on the NA server.   

I agree.

The choice should remain with the player.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
10 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

WG would have happily left it as it was because it means more players will have access to the mode. They certainly don't see any issues with ship performance otherwise they can easily adjust for that as they have done occasionally for the scenarios. They don't gain anything from restricting it on a whim. This is purely a move to appease complainers.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I didn't even realise the dunkirk DDs were usable in the other scenarios lel

but they changed it because of NA forums :thonkang: NA baBBies

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

My point exactly.   I've never seen any attempt to gain feedback and was actually surprised that Amade pointed out NA didn't like it.    

I don't know what info WG have so lets run a poll.

Amade or any other mods.  I'm happy if its combined with this thread.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
14 minutes ago, ari_aji said:

how WG collect informations

NA = good idea

EU = ok

RU = you are the boss

ASIA = why i must listen to you?

AUSTRALIA = you guys really exist?

but austraila is a part of EU, why should we listen to them :cap_book:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles
35 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

but austraila is a part of EU, why should we listen to them :cap_book:

Just because they eat sausages, drink beer and wear lederhausen doesn't mean they shouldn't be listened to 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

1,354 posts
8,881 battles

I have been using the tier 5 UK BB Iron Duke to great effect in Newport, often topping the team or at least in the top 3.

Tbh I am a bit surprised at this decision. I don't recall much hate against the t5 ships. They were mostly aimed at the Dunkirk DDs which truthfully were utter trash in normal operations.

The only time tier 5 really hurts was with the pre-nerf Newport, which was legit hard to 5-star even for a full roster of tier 6s.

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,680 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Technically, most T6 do have a performance advantage over T5, as they should be. But it's the right choice of ship and the player's experience in scenario that matters. Knowing what type of ship/characteristics to bring for the scenario and knowing what to expect and how to deal with the situation is way more important than blindly go for T6 and discriminate T5 boats. Some T5 have advantageous characteristics T6 don't have, in some scenarios, particularly Killer Whale, Kongo's high speed is probably more desirable than Fuso's heavy armament. Iron Duke's high gun counts and relatively good precision can be fatal for cruisers in scenario Raptor, often proving to be more valuable than a Bayern. Kamikaze and Gremy are even better performing than their T6 counterparts. IMO scenario in it's 0610 status was quite enjoyable, and banning T5 isn't gonna make it better.

NEED MOOOOOOOAAAAAAR SCENARIO!

NEED SCENARIO FOR T8-10!

I want too for T5 - TX

39 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I have been using the tier 5 UK BB Iron Duke to great effect in Newport, often topping the team or at least in the top 3.

Tbh I am a bit surprised at this decision. I don't recall much hate against the t5 ships. They were mostly aimed at the Dunkirk DDs which truthfully were utter trash in normal operations.

The only time tier 5 really hurts was with the pre-nerf Newport, which was legit hard to 5-star even for a full roster of tier 6s.

T5 is bad, very bad, bad bad ... bad...:cap_fainting:

Badass :cap_haloween:

21688064_1500646800019332_2027417964017621641009_1500646816685997_45484240135711

Edited by MatterCore

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,200 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I doubt is about the dilution of players in Random Battle you've mentioned before.Previous MM always send Tier 5 to Tier 7 room therefore Tier 5 people get frustrated and not play Random