You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Audacious

Clan creation cost = Rip off?

17 comments in this topic

69 posts
3,877 battles

Hello guys, I watched a video from iChase this morning about the new clan system. He was very critical in his video and suggested that WG's idea of asking for a ton of oils to expand clan members is an absolute rip-off since in WoT, players are able to create clan with maximum of 100 members without having to spend any in-game currencies after they pay 2500 gold. I want to know what you guys think. Do you agree with the claim that asking for 2500doubloons for 30slots in the clan and then having to spend oil to expand is a rip-off?

Edited by HMS_Audacious

83 posts
3,463 battles

I would agree. 
Helped along by the utterly MASSIVE grind required to even get that cap to 50 members, which will prevent a lot of clans consolidating into 1 or two clans for ages to come, forcing them to have more branches.
All the upgrades (except for clan size increase) come to a total of 36,250 oil. Now the first HQ upgrade is 20k, and the second is 100k!!.
And outside of Clan Battles (which come in seasons so we don't know when they'll appear) the only way I can see to get oil is the 10 per daily crate. 30 oil per member per day. So the fastest a clan could get that top cap is 106 days, IF every member gets their 30 oil everyday (accounts for the 10 member increase after earning 20k oil), without buying anything else.

If that isn't an encouragement for large clans to open multiple branches I don't know what is.

69 posts
3,877 battles
24 minutes ago, hughfj08 said:

I would agree. 
Helped along by the utterly MASSIVE grind required to even get that cap to 50 members, which will prevent a lot of clans consolidating into 1 or two clans for ages to come, forcing them to have more branches.
All the upgrades (except for clan size increase) come to a total of 36,250 oil. Now the first HQ upgrade is 20k, and the second is 100k!!.
And outside of Clan Battles (which come in seasons so we don't know when they'll appear) the only way I can see to get oil is the 10 per daily crate. 30 oil per member per day. So the fastest a clan could get that top cap is 106 days, IF every member gets their 30 oil everyday (accounts for the 10 member increase after earning 20k oil), without buying anything else.

If that isn't an encouragement for large clans to open multiple branches I don't know what is.

I would agree with you since I can’t see why it would be so technically difficult to have more than 30 members in the clan

604 posts
7,600 battles

6 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

the whole thing is a scam.

just paying to be in a clan is a scam.

this company loves scams.

that's the lesson here.

The leader pays for the clan-creation

Joining a clan is free of charge

69 posts
3,877 battles
3 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

the whole thing is a scam.

just paying to be in a clan is a scam.

this company loves scams.

that's the lesson here.

lolz

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Tease players with Clan long time...

Make small Clan size to start...

Can upgrade size a bit with oil grind...

Grind oil for base upgrades...

WG: 'Working as intended'!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I haven't really had a look at the clan mechanic, but thankfully they haven't made Doubloons the rewards.   The effectively destroyed T10 CW in tanks and the gold farming by certain nationalities was left unchecked for a long time.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

>allows players to spend currency to expand clan size

>says they cannot expand for free due to technical issues
gib logic pls 

Edited by FenrirApalis

783 posts
4,821 battles

Best course would've been to have clans be possible to be 'created' through Credits or Free EXP, things you can grind out in game.

Making clan creation "free" will just make an influx of joke clans or ones that have 1-2 members which kind of defeats its purpose of making the players 'work with other players'.

69 posts
3,877 battles
8 minutes ago, SZYZWY said:

Best course would've been to have clans be possible to be 'created' through Credits or Free EXP, things you can grind out in game.

Making clan creation "free" will just make an influx of joke clans or ones that have 1-2 members which kind of defeats its purpose of making the players 'work with other players'.

I don't think clan creation should be free but what I do think is that WG is getting kind of lazy with their clan system cuz WoT can have 100 members in the clan with the initial creation while we only have 30. Although it can be expanded, it takes a hell of a long time to get 50 maximum cuz it costs about 120000 oil to max it out. So it looks kind of unfair to me.

69 posts
3,877 battles
30 minutes ago, FenrirApalis said:

>allows players to spend currency to expand clan size

>says they cannot expand for free due to technical issues
gib logic pls 

lol, I wonder what is the reasoning behind their decision if there is any.

Edited by HMS_Audacious

69 posts
3,877 battles
46 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I haven't really had a look at the clan mechanic, but thankfully they haven't made Doubloons the rewards.   The effectively destroyed T10 CW in tanks and the gold farming by certain nationalities was left unchecked for a long time.

I hope they really come up with much better desings in the future cuz I played WoT clan wars but they were absolute BS by my experience.

Super Tester
802 posts
9 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

CW here in WoWS is closer to the Strongholds game mode than the on map CW of WoT. I don't think doubleloon farming was ever going to happen.