You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

Saint Louis steering

4 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,223 battles

This morning:

First game. Get shot once by Kagero, steering wrecked. Damage control. Next shot of HE by kagero, steering out again. Now cant evade anything and I die.

Second game. First shot of match - HE from Roon at 17km, steering gone. Damage control. Second shot of match - HE from King George, ~16 km. Steering gone. Can't evade. Dead. 

Fun and engaging. Not. 

Yes, I am using the steering mod to try to mitigate this. It still gets knocked out at least once a match - usually more. 

This seems like a bug to me. It's not as if Saint Louis is overpowered with functional steering. It's a decent ship - but this is getting super frustrating. 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

quite a bit of IJN have this problem too but maybe you are running away or broadsiding too much lel

get preventative maintance it would help. Get rudder mod 3 and BoS for <10 seconds of rudder repair time. It gets to like 6-8 seconds I think

492 posts
7,661 battles

Sometimes this game feels like it trolls hard, as the very thing you just repaired gets knocked out instantly the moment your damage control ends. Had a really bad run of steering getting knocked out in my Kamikaze once. Then again in Lo Yang. Another time my Atlanta had it happen for many games in a session. Changed my captain builds to include last stand in these ships so at least I can still have some turning ability.

It's just RNG. Hopefully it passes in a few games. It does usually for me.