You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Bring back old economy

18 comments in this topic

127 posts
6,502 battles

The new economy didn't change what it's implementation hoped to do: reduce passive play at high tier

Current high tier gameplay is just the same as it was a year ago with everyone sitting back passively. The only change and a bad one is that it allows terrible players to play high tiers without repercussions because of the fixed repair costs.

Before the old economy changes you had to do something/play somewhat decently to make money back or just sit back and not get shot at (which most clueless players still do). This means the very bad players can only play a few games before having to go back to low tiers to farm credits instead of ruining the fun of high tier games with their incompetence. Unlike now where it doesn't really matter how badly you play, you'll always have a fixed repair cost.

1,386 posts
8,246 battles

I do find the new economy system work magic for reducing negative gameplay, most people now do certainly take risks and fight, instead of trying to save their precious ship.

It is agreeable that T10 gameplay is not very aggressive, and it is especially true when compared to lower tiers.

Anyway, high tier battles are now way better than before the economy rework. If you feel otherwise, it's probably you playing at the wrong time...

Even if you feel it doesn't work, how is the previous economy system better than this one in promoting the so-called aggressive game play? I can't see the old one having any advantage over the current one.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

even if you pay people to participate in the battle they will still be passive, you can't change their mind that easily

Just buy premium camo, ez 150k to 250k credit income every game without premium or super carry

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

What?! Am i reading this correctly? 

Before this, the economy Favours the campers. They earn money and the repair cost are like 30k because they are not SHOT at. And they earn lots of money by doing damage. I remember i farmed a lot of money just because im in zao and invisifire. Then. the AMMO cost is damn expensive too

The new economy is Good. Even without premium acc i earned PROFIT

Sorry to say. You just need to git gud and suck it up with the players. Campers will always be there. Even some unicum promotes it. Its a "way" or a tactical approach they said. idk. me potato

Edited by Safiuddin97

1,494 posts
1 hour ago, Safiuddin97 said:

What?! Am i reading this correctly? 

Before this, the economy Favours the campers. They earn money and the repair cost are like 30k because they are not SHOT at. And they earn lots of money by doing damage. I remember i farmed a lot of money just because im in zao and invisifire. Then. the AMMO cost is damn expensive too

The new economy is Good. Even without premium acc i earned PROFIT

Sorry to say. You just need to git gud and suck it up with the players. Campers will always be there. Even some unicum promotes it. Its a "way" or a tactical approach they said. idk. me potato

That's what bull I've been told too, they try & fail to shove it down my neck, sorry, I won't accept crap tactics, nor will I promote it, & I don't care how many yuppies & little pals try & tell me otherwise....

The economy is fine how it is.

Git gud

Ordrazz

326 posts
10,540 battles
12 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

the old economy system players camp and now they still camp

really, cant change players mindset

^ This.

The mindset is the problem, not the game economy. 

350 posts
7,092 battles

You need to change the whole Asia server camping mentality. If you try to push too early and be too aggressive you get focused by every ship in range. If you had your whole team behind you (not camping) then this wouldn't be an issue as the enemy would have more targets etc.

Playing too aggressive is a quick way to get shit stats unfortunately.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
48 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

You need to change the whole Asia server camping mentality. If you try to push too early and be too aggressive you get focused by every ship in range. If you had your whole team behind you (not camping) then this wouldn't be an issue as the enemy would have more targets etc.

Playing too aggressive is a quick way to get shit stats unfortunately.

You still get focused anyways. Target fixation is :I I once led a push in my GK, despite the squishy CAs and CLs around me, all 6 enemies spammed HE at me while we pushed. I died, but my team managed to swarm that and break the flank, so worth it but it really doesn't reflect in the EXP and Credits earned.

350 posts
7,092 battles
1 minute ago, FishyPower said:

You still get focused anyways. Target fixation is :I I once led a push in my GK, despite the squishy CAs and CLs around me, all 6 enemies spammed HE at me while we pushed. I died, but my team managed to swarm that and break the flank, so worth it but it really doesn't reflect in the EXP and Credits earned.

Yeah true, but you also have back up to help delete those focusing you. Obviously some battles are worse than others with camping and what you see on the minimap isnt always an accurate measure of if someone is camping. For example sometimes when I play BB I'll turn away from cap area to heal up but if you check your position on minimap you end up a long way from the action by the time you have turned and healed and look like you're camping.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Yeah true, but you also have back up to help delete those focusing you. Obviously some battles are worse than others with camping and what you see on the minimap isnt always an accurate measure of if someone is camping. For example sometimes when I play BB I'll turn away from cap area to heal up but if you check your position on minimap you end up a long way from the action by the time you have turned and healed and look like you're camping.

Well, it doesn't work if they spam HE at different targets... Also, turning away in a BB is also risky. If you are facing BBs, they might delete you when you show broadside, but getting whacked by the slightest shell would scare off your typical "Supporting Player"

248 posts

it seems to have actually gotten worse if that's possible. i rarely see T10 BB's mover far from their spawn point. [for the entire game]

sold my kurfurst after literally starting to fall asleep in the middle of a game.

If the conquerer isn't any good i'll not bother going back. the economy is crap, the gameplay is crap.

T8 and 9 have unplayably bad matchmaking so i've settled in to T7 which gets a good deal.

I think i'm generally out of the game once i'm done with this tree though.

the general playerbase is pretty bad right now. not enough medium skilled players.

it seems to be pros versus noobs and the matchmaker decides the winner with RNG.

I don't know what they can do to fix it now. we're losing too many players too often to keep the standard high enough.

I feel like deleting the game about every third game nowadays. that can't be normal, and it's why i decided

to sell the KF. T10 is total garbage. not just a bit garbage like T7

Edited by fuzzjunky

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the amount of empiricism assumptions in this thread is too damn high

"bring back old economy" yeah [content removed], cause bringing something like

"hurr durr if i die i must pay full price of my ship so i must make sure this ship wont get scratched by filthy enemy shells"

is totally a legit idea to reduce the so called "increased" passive play

Git Gud

and Dieselhead really live up his name as [content removed]

Repetitive and excessive rule violations. User suspended.

~amade

Edited by amade

683 posts
7,358 battles

The old economy of "you pay for how much damage you received" was forcing players to be passive, as in high tier most players unable to strike balance between gain n lost when their ships received too much damage. New economy cancel out this aspect, and players net credit income now depends solely on performance, which is good.

And, despite the new economy, high tiers (9 + 10) ships aren't meant to gain credits easily. WG makes it so that players will consider buying premium time or premium camo for their favorite high tier ships (profits) Not all players are financially independent or have extra money on gaming, thus making them play more passive/careful (though might end up ineffective to the team or even causing more harm)

Personally, I play lower tier for fun. As long as I feel I won't cause harm to the team, I will gladly try out more daring tactics, cos even losing I won't lose credits. And I think a large portions of players have the same financial reason, thus making lower tiers more aggressive.

I guess that's why the difference of meta is still there between low and high tier.