You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scommy

Kutuzov? For real?

27 comments in this topic

71 posts
4,020 battles

Am I imagining things or is this thing OP as [content removed]?

Smoke, insane accuracy, citadels at will, did I miss anything?

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
11 hours ago, scommy said:

Am I imagining things or is this thing OP as [content removed]?

19km range, 152MM IFHE, decent torps, best rudder in high tier RNCLs and very good AA if specced for it

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

71 posts
4,020 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

19km range, 152MM IFHE, decent torps, best rudder in high tier RNCLs and very good AA if specced for it

yeah it is the best ship in game that I have encountered. My Schors is not even remotely close to a match for one. 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
Just now, scommy said:

yeah it is the best ship in game that I have encountered. My Schors is not even remotely close to a match for one. 

it's not so bad actually, as long as he isnt in smoke you actually have a bigger chance of outgunning him since your troll speed makes you hard for him to hit at mid range

326 posts
10,506 battles

The Kutu is a good ship to farm ribbons, damages and money, while enjoy making people salty with ur HE, fire & overpowered gun.

shot-17_05.29_17_57.50-0458.thumb.jpg.65fffd8d0ec164c4322616c473787842.jpg

But in return, u have a ships with armor just like an A4 paper, easy to overpen and u are nothing more than a big floating sausage once u get notice. The enemy will enjoy to add as much "flavor" their want to u while u scream for help; just like the picture above. 

So use ur gun to snipe from far far away, same goes with any VMF heavy cruiser. 

P/s: U can even citadel enemy cruiser & cv from max range (if u can aim properly & a little RNG help)

shot-17_05_05_18_54.17-0031.thumb.jpg.4766ea1bd4580236c26a1c40028d23a0.jpg

Edited by ArchKongou

203 posts
11,788 battles

Nothing to see here move along.
They can't "nerf" premium ships anyway you can only hope they don't introduce another one of their product like these ever again.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
4 minutes ago, MikuChrome said:

Nothing to see here move along.
They can't "nerf" premium ships anyway you can only hope they don't introduce another one of their product like these ever again.

looks at belfast

yeah.....

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles
58 minutes ago, scommy said:

dunno never had a chance to hit one, they always camp in smokescreen ><

If you're in a BB, just pop your spotter plane, aim directly between the two groups of muzzle flashes, and enjoy your citadels.  I usually save my spotter for smoked up CL's, it's extremely effective.

The Kutuzov would be ridiculously OP - if it wasn't balanced out by being a T8 cruiser, which means it gets the worst match making in the game.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
1 hour ago, scommy said:

Am I imagining things or is this thing OP as F%^$?

It's Citadel is a shell magnet......

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

i have bad luck sailing mine, alot of time i smoke up sit in smoke nicely until a bb in my team decide to borrow smoke sail beside me and i get citadeled

but sometimes to me chappy is more fun with radar, more impact to help team detect dd

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

From my experience, after around 250+ battles in Kutuzov, I would not call her squishy. She is a tough ship and can take some beating. Also getting cits on kutuzov is easy only against players who are not so good. The smoke puff range on kutuzov is way bigger than RN CL and you can move better in smoke.

Now, Kutuzov only gets 1 smoke charge, with premium you get 2, with SI, you get a total of 3. So most player will usually have 2 smoke charges, those are shorter duration and kutuzov RoF is not as high as RNCL. So I don't think smoke is something that makes Kutuzov OP. Besides, those who only smoke camp in kutuzov aren't properly playing her anyway.

What makes kutuzov OP is how she deals with TX ships. You wont even feel that you are two tiers lower. You have beast AA, insane range and arc. And recent introduction of IFHE/AR is what pushed her over the top.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Smoke is a nice addition to Kutuzov, but one must take other aspects. Emerald has smoke, and can enjoy more spamming time than Kutuzov, but no one except that Izumo in scenario "newport" consider Emerald OP

Accuracy... Hummm, from my experience most cruisers are accurate, and from 1-10 scale for cruisers Kutuzov may get a 7, better than single mount WWI boats, can compare with some high tier cruisers but certainly no match for triple turret RN CL or IJN CA. But IMO accuracy is hardly a problem for cruisers unless it's Graf Spee which is a CA/BB mix.

Citadelling... Someone is giving too much of a broadside or a failure division? Kutuzov guns are 152mm, despite these guns having exceptional ballistics (I'll vote #1 for 6" who is with me), and great penetration (first tier for 6"), they are just standard 6" with 45/60deg ricochet angle. And unless you bring some T5 cruisers, keep angled can certainly ban him from citadelling you.

IMO the main strong points of Kutuzov are

1. DPM, second in T8 only to Mogami, and can use IFHE for easy HE penetration

2. Ballistics and range. Very flat and fast ballistics, easy to use guns, and that range... When you spam against certain targets (stop looking at me GK you know I'm referring to you) almost all of that range is effective

3. Maneuverability, put acceleration mod on her, not exceptional but definitely not bad, and given that range

4. Concealment. No I do not mean her concealment being good, but the bad concealment allows her to relieve of dangerous close up DD support duties and harvest damage.

5. Smoke, nice addition

To be honest I thought this was a ship museum visit thread when I saw the title and I was expecting a bunch of nice pics....

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

183 posts
3,790 battles
4 hours ago, scommy said:

dunno never had a chance to hit one, they always camp in smokescreen ><

Try using spotter plane against them. Devastating Kutz in smoke always brings a smile to my face.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
27 minutes ago, FenrirApalis said:

when Kutuzov shoot you in smoke and you are within 10km as a BB, charge it. Once its smoke is out it is ez one shot

you do realize kutu has 2*5 8km torps with decent arc, speed and damage right?

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
12 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

To be honest I thought this was a ship museum visit thread when I saw the title and I was expecting a bunch of nice pics....

we have a "historical" section for that

326 posts
10,506 battles

Most Kutuzov player will make div with other ships that have smoke consumable (especially RN cruiser or DD's)

Take note that Kutuzov only have 1 smoke  consumable by default; 2 if u not a cheapskate captain ( & extra +1 if u have superintendent skill in ur captain) & her smoke not last long.

So they have to rely smoke from other ships as well to make them be more effective in the game. Some of the Kutuzov player will position themself behind the island and shoot from there. 

For me, Kutuzov is just another Atlanta but with better gun & range. So I dont have problem to adapt & play it since I enjoy play Atlanta.

Damn, I shouldn't tell them my dirty method.

Edited by ArchKongou

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles
29 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

Most Kutuzov player will make div with other ships that have smoke consumable (especially RN cruiser or DD's)

Take note that Kutuzov only have 1 smoke  consumable by default; 2 if u not a cheapskate captain ( & extra +1 if u have superintendent skill in ur captain) & her smoke not last long.

So they have to rely smoke from other ships as well to make them be more effective in the game. Some of the Kutuzov player will position themself behind the island and shoot from there. 

For me, Kutuzov is just another Atlanta but with better gun & range. So I dont have problem to adapt & play it since I enjoy play Atlanta.

Damn, I shouldn't tell them my dirty method.

From my vast experience of playing with and against Kutuzov, this is not true for most cases. Kutuzov is one of the best ship to take in solo, because Kutuzov plays independently. You division with Kutuzov when you are in a CV, not when you are in RNCL or DD. 2nd point, Kotozov will never play in front line, unlike RN CLs, US CAs or DDs unless the battleships are dead, after that, Kutuzov is a great brawler. In my opinion, Kutuzov doesn't even need smoke. She can kite all day more effectively than Mogami or as good as a Chapayev. The idea of playing Kutuzov is to keep enemy battleships from pushing into caps. Nothing frustrates BB players more when a Kutuzov starts raining shells on them. There have been many matches where I didn't even use any smoke, or used it to cover allies.

Edited by icy_phoenix