You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pure_kami

high tier economy and "afk" penalty

17 comments in this topic

[TAN90]
4 posts
7,338 battles

I recently had a few games that are extremely unsatisfied, in terms of high tier economy and what looks like to me is an AFK penalty or some sort.

here is an example of what I mean: 

I went into a battle with my Izumo, spotted by enemy dd. The nearest target spotted is the enemy Yamato at 24km away.  a few seconds later, enemy Moskva pops up and light me up with 2 fires. I was on half of my hp when it was just one minute into the game. then I decide to retreat, but I showed a little bit of my broadside(my mistake) and the Yamato devastating strike me from 23 km away.

While all these happened, I didn't have a target to shoot at or a place to hide. then I get deleted from the game. 

This is pretty normal and I am not complaining about how bad the Izumo is.

But what makes me think this game is unplayable is what I get after this, The following three image was the screenshot of the battle result I just talked about. 

I didn't get any credits or experience. I know that I didn't contribute to the match much, but this seems a little bit unfair when I run all the camouflage, flags and premium consumables, and been killed outside of my firing range(again, I am in an IZUMO) when it is only three minutes into the game. 

I have some other similar cases to this where my game crashes and my ship was still going forward and been killed when I was restarting the game. of course, didn't do any damage and no credits or experience what so ever. 

I have lost a considerable amount of credits, camouflages, and flags

I wonder if anybody has the same experience as me.1.thumb.png.353177a7801688c1be8f514eb90c64e4.png

2.thumb.png.8d8b273fc57078a7f05aa1ff49f11859.png3.thumb.png.248b7e16902612abcd06d77197eb4734.png

1,482 posts

Wuts the problem here?

You got blown to kingdom come before you had a chance to do anything, so ?

Do you think you should be rewarded for nothing?

Ordrazz

[TAN90]
4 posts
7,338 battles

40 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Wuts the problem here?

You got blown to kingdom come before you had a chance to do anything, so ?

Do you think you should be rewarded for nothing?

Ordrazz

well, I know the reward will be insignificant, but not zero. more importantly, I participated in the game.

I think the economic system in this game needs improvements. and that's the issue.  

This is not the only 0 income game that I had. if I lost 100 thousand credits I for every game I play. I don't think this will be that fair.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

You don't usually lose money (even without signals, premium time) (and using premium consumables) on T9 if you play well. CV is a bit different story though. To break even, you just need to do 100k+ damage with Izumo (which is not that common, but occasionally possible).

481 posts
7,606 battles

No wonder you are "extremely unsatisfied" with the high tier economy if you do nothing in the battle. No spotting, no damage and no contribution for your team. Many zeroes added together equal zero. You seem to expect many zeroes to add together to equal 150k credits. Doesn't work that way.

250 posts
13,147 battles

high tier games never suppose to earn credits in anyways until recently that wargaming add premium camo for high tier ships.
if there is a game when you end up doing nothing (being afk for significant of time or get DSed or get fun and engaging without firing a salvo, got TKed in early game, etc.), that's a shame because this is side effect of economics design to punish people who contribute nothing (afk, campers, griefer, etc.) 

Edited by New_Horizontal

1,333 posts
8,817 battles

I had that once before. Spawned as a DD, moved toward the cap and got torpedo tk'ed by my teammate.

Ended with a big loss, so I can sympathise with the OP.

For the OP's case I would think that at least some credits would be given for tanking damage.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
53 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I had that once before. Spawned as a DD, moved toward the cap and got torpedo tk'ed by my teammate.

Ended with a big loss, so I can sympathise with the OP.

For the OP's case I would think that at least some credits would be given for tanking damage.

U cant blame the system for the reason. before this. Really AFK or Bot Players they didnt move but some Shells that didnt land and bounce, was considered potential damage. and they earn exp and credits

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

0/0/0 is the AFK penalty. I've got wrongly hammered by this once, got a cap, made one shell hit(bounce) and got killed, 0/0/0.

But I don't find anything wrong with the system. Hurting players with minimal contribution on rare occasions is way better than letting AFK scums wander around.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

203 posts
11,788 battles

Sadly to say I run somewhat familiar situation its just I'm not afk.
Its a bug causing my main battery to not fire eventhough I'm pressing LMB as hard as I could.
So I did what I could, get to choke points, spots, try to shoot down planes, be a bait, everything (I'm in Des Moines). 
Eventhough my ship did move around and run into caps and taking damage for the team the game doesn't acknowledge this sadly. In the end I get 0/0/0.

For my case it could be a bug from current patch (0.6.10) but yeah it happens nothing can be change at that point.

To make things worse I didn't have replay enabled. (Now I do thanks to this)

It sucks seeing 0/0/0 but at the same time I'm glad to see it does its job of trying to penalize those who doesn't contribute to the team.

You could say high tiers is not about earning money otherwise everybody will just play tier 10s but let's face it guys just premium account alone could saved you from losing money in T10 not to mention the perma camo on T10 combined could actually prevent you from losing any credits altogether.

Edited by MikuChrome

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, fuzzjunky said:

this also brings back the question which was never answered. why are we charged repairs on undamaged ships

This was introduced to prevent camping.   Prior to a set cost, people would hide or blueline the entire game to avoid taking any damage and reduce costs.  By having a set repair cost there is no advantage to retaining all your health and it was envisaged that people would then become more aggressive and trade damage and therefore reduce the amount of passive play ther game was suffering at high tiers.

381 posts
9,957 battles

And it's not like setting a fixed repair cost could reduce the amount of camping though. The meta is way more passive than it was 1 year ago before the repair changes. You simply cannot change the general mindset unless there is a huge reward for playing aggressive in exchange for very little risk (which is an illogical design and therefore will never happen).

683 posts
7,332 battles

Well, after the fixed repair/servuce costs are implemented, players are willing to push and do whatever they can to change the unfavorable tide in matches instead of sitting back at the map and wait for matches to be over..

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Well, after the fixed repair/servuce costs are implemented, players are willing to push and do whatever they can to change the unfavorable tide in matches instead of sitting back at the map and wait for matches to be over..

In some cases yes, in some cases no.

Players who are aware of patch notes, changes and game mechanics in general can use this to their advantage.    A mouth breather who choses to mash the keyboard with their face of blunder through to high tiers (which is a trait of both WG games and this regions demographics) just for the sake of saying they own a T10 ship will have no idea anyway.