Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Liamv4696

Secondary weapons?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Quick question.. how do I fire the secondary weapons? like the ones on my Kawachi Battleship, it has eighteen secondary guns but they just sit there :(

Alpha Tester
19 posts
2,046 battles

Quick question.. how do I fire the secondary weapons? like the ones on my Kawachi Battleship, it has eighteen secondary guns but they just sit there :(

they are controlled by AI, when enermy ship is 4km ( 5 with perk ) or closer, they with fire automatically

Alpha Tester
14 posts
35 battles

They are automated.They will fire to the enemy when the ship is in close range

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Mine dont fire at all...

ever :/

And whats with ships vanishing when theyre like 50m away from you? and then having torpedos appear out of thin air -.-

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Your secondary batteries will only fire at ships in close range, around 5km away from you. They'll do this automatically, and if you look carefully, you can see the pale-yellow tracers that are different from the brighter orange of your main guns. They also fire individually, not in salvoes.

And ships vanishing at close range (ehhh, 50m seems a bit *too* close for WoWS) means that a destroyer just activated it's smoke generator.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Your secondary batteries will only fire at ships in close range, around 5km away from you. They'll do this automatically, and if you look carefully, you can see the pale-yellow tracers that are different from the brighter orange of your main guns. They also fire individually, not in salvoes.

And ships vanishing at close range (ehhh, 50m seems a bit *too* close for WoWS) means that a destroyer just activated it's smoke generator.

Maybe he's running on low graphics settings and has "render small objects" turned off. I've been told that you can't see AA guns and smaller secondary cannons firing if that's turned off.

Beta Tester
25 posts
439 battles

The smoke screen is a bit 'iffy' at the moment.

Ships can vanish into it even if they are only a kilometre or two away. Then they appear even closer to you and you have no chance to react before they hit you.

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

The smoke screen is a bit 'iffy' at the moment.

Ships can vanish into it even if they are only a kilometre or two away. Then they appear even closer to you and you have no chance to react before they hit you.

Ah ok, so it's not perfect yet.

Sometimes destroyers will be firing at me from <1km away and then they'll just disappear into thin air. Followed by a salvo of torpedos haha

Maybe he's running on low graphics settings and has "render small objects" turned off. I've been told that you can't see AA guns and smaller secondary cannons firing if that's turned off.

Ive got everything on total max settings :/ 

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

I want to be able to unleash a broadside with the main guns and the like thirty secondary ones!

5 posts
310 battles

I want to be able to unleash a broadside with the main guns and the like thirty secondary ones!

That would be well.....AWESOME!

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,029 battles

oh, i see. that's why i can't see AA when there is aircraft in sky but automaticly i killed that aircraft

but for low, i can see my secondary guns firing enemy ship when i closed to that enemy

695 posts
2,153 battles

You can press CTRL and it brings the mouse pointer up and left click on the enemy to focus fire you secondaries

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Yup just tried that in my Myogi, cntrl clicked on an enemy ship that was 4km away. nothing happened!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yup just tried that in my Myogi, cntrl clicked on an enemy ship that was 4km away. nothing happened!

Next time you play a game and have enemy ships within 4km of you on your port or starboard sides, ctrl-click on them. After the battle, look at your after action report and see if your secondary batteries have fired any shells (it'll be listed there, under your primary weapon damage). If there's no shots fired at all listed in the after action report and you're sure there were enemy ships close to you, file a bug report. Might also help to include a replay, too.

[88AD]
Beta Tester
12 posts
5,817 battles

I wish I get the chance to play this I can't wait it looks so good

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

Sometimes destroyers will be firing at me from <1km away and then they'll just disappear into thin air. Followed by a salvo of torpedos haha

You'll get used to that eventually

[PERTH]
Beta Tester
11 posts
428 battles

I wish I get the chance to play this I can't wait it looks so good

G'day Macca, hope you get a look in too mate, this game is sooooooo much fun :playing::great:

Sign in to follow this