Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UzumeTennouboshi

Can WG remove the karma system?

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
5,698 battles

The Karma system has throughly deviated its orginal intent at present.

Now the typical condition is that however good you played, no one would give you compliment or even been report just because someone is wayward; but once you did sth wrong, you definitely received report.

what's more is some players they match the battle at the same time with same tier intensionally, so they can accumulate the compliments on purpose. especially for some chinese clan and players, they have made premise once they met they gave compliments to each other regardless of actual performance.

So at present, the karma system is worth nothing but to what extent some players can gain praise from what they call 'trade'.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it does not even do a thing to player that get reported ya know

in fact it is just a tool for those problematic player to vent up their anger

[MEGA]
4,669 posts
17,947 battles
1 hour ago, AuspiciousPhenix_Zuihou said:

The Karma system has throughly deviated its orginal intent at present.

Now the typical condition is that however good you played, no one would give you compliment or even been report just because someone is wayward; but once you did sth wrong, you definitely received report.

what's more is some players they match the battle at the same time with same tier intensionally, so they can accumulate the compliments on purpose. especially for some chinese clan and players, they have made premise once they met they gave compliments to each other regardless of actual performance.

So at present, the karma system is worth nothing but to what extent some players can gain praise from what they call 'trade'.

i do that if i meet a friend, the thing is useless anyways, and WG now allow you to compliment your divmate... yeah, what's the point if keeping something like this arround if it's so damn useless

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,704 posts
7,273 battles

I like it. That little number to the upper right of my name

I look at it and say "AntifoulAwl to the power of 54"

Then I imagine all my clones.

Wonderful.

158 posts
4,145 battles
51 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Karma is not about your performance IMO. It is about how well you socialize with other people, being friendly and supportive can often reward you karma.

Or make everyone think you're trying too hard to be their friends.

It can get on the nerves, having someone in chat constantly supporting you by telling you to turn to port, not realising that their looking at the wrong ship.

I ran into a couple of Montana's that way in my Zao, was not impressed with the 'supportive' team member.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,227 battles

I relished the negative score that I had for a while.

I provide constructive feedback where necessary, compliments when deserved, tactical ideas when needed and harsh comments when I see acts worthy of face palming.

Tee

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
344 posts

Not everyone have Stress ball, punching/hugging dolls or a screaming room next door, this karma thinggy is closet thing they can reach to relieve stress/anger/gratitude with.

How could you suggest to remove karma!?:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,923 battles

Karma points serve an important purpose in the game - they allow people to relieve frustration or show appreciation.  This allows people to feel better about the game.  It's that simple.

Whenever you have one of those frustrating moments when someone does something insanely stupid, you can report them for playing poorly and it makes you feel a little bit better about the whole thing - even if by doing that you are actually doing absolutely nothing of substance.  WG can't stop people doing stupid things in the game so they put in this little management tool for player stress relief.  It's pretty clever really.

1,386 posts
8,344 battles
26 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Karma points serve an important purpose in the game - they allow people to relieve frustration or show appreciation.  This allows people to feel better about the game.  It's that simple.

Whenever you have one of those frustrating moments when someone does something insanely stupid, you can report them for playing poorly and it makes you feel a little bit better about the whole thing - even if by doing that you are actually doing absolutely nothing of substance.  WG can't stop people doing stupid things in the game so they put in this little management tool for player stress relief.  It's pretty clever really.

Not that simple. IIRC NA cluster have a system of rewarding well behaving players based on karma, people with good karma gets some in game bonus stuff.

Also, multiple result of misbehavior in chat or AFK can result in auto ban.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,704 posts
7,273 battles

Just in a battle and a well known forumite and his forum division did well for their team.

I gave them all +.

Unfortunately for them, I was instrumental in destroying one of them.

Net Result, -2 for me.

331 posts
7,045 battles
22 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I have had some really good battles, and do i get a complement from the winning team? Nope. Do i get reports from people i have killed - Hell yeah.

It's a useless defunct system that offers nothing more than a "comfort pillow".

Sign in to follow this