Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

I have to say,the MM has problem

24 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,137 battles

66666666666666666.thumb.PNG.602e110a0466a37db6355ba2ea5b7f17.PNG

To some people:Don't be keyboard warriors who just sneer at those who found the problem of matchmaking as"[content removed]".The problem IS THERE.Anyone who found it can put it forward,no matter his win rate.

Current MM only take ship Tier into account,that's the problem(sometimes in capping there'll be imbalance in the number of DDs,that's unfair too)

Edited by Kim_JongMion

1,490 posts

Apart from the team killer in the enemy team, they have 7 tier 8s, two more then his team......would make it more difficult for the enemy, granted, but it they cooperated more they could still have a chop at winning...

I've seen this in MM before, so I just have to do the best I can, try to kite & bite.

Ordrazz

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

MM IS BALANCED (TM)

MM is part of the "fun and engaging mechanism" that "balances player skills"

The same goes for Saipan, Nikolai, Z46 and all of those ____fill_your_rant____

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 hour ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Can't wake up a person who is pretending to be asleep,sigh

really cant talk with someone whose face look and shape like a brick wall

11 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I think one GK and one Yamato should have swapped teams.

But apart from that I don't see anything wrong.

15 hours ago, Teostra said:

Mm in your screenshot looks balance to me

16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Couldn't really figure out what exactly you were referring to. Care to explain? Well we know MM has issues, its just that the problem is not in top priority list for devs.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,137 battles
16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Couldn't really figure out what exactly you were referring to. Care to explain? Well we know MM has issues, its just that the problem is not in top priority list for devs.

Current situation:Only care about ship Tier,what's more,CV.Sometimes maybe duplicate ship,that's all.

What ignored:

Player's average win rate of each team.

Number of radar ships(I've seen 5 vs 0 in Domination)

Number of DD(Must be balanced in Domination,I've seen 10 BB+2 DD with 11 BB+1 DD)

Actually there's a lot to be evaluated for a fair game.

And situation like that pic should be rare,but I've seen it 3 times.

1,490 posts
14 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Current situation:Only care about ship Tier,what's more,CV.Sometimes maybe duplicate ship,that's all.

What ignored:

Number of DD(Must be balanced in Domination,I've seen 10 BB+2 DD with 11 BB+1 DD)

What are you wanting exactly?

1; MM doesn't consider win rate (neither do I) so that doesn't matter when ships are in the queue for selection.

2; radar ships, well how do you know they are running radar or not? It could be balanced better, but I don't think its going to be changed in the short term.

3; with your example, do you suggest cutting a DD in half, so half a DD in each side? 

4; if you come across unfair games, then just do what you can... Target smaller ships, or kite bigger ones etc...

You've seen that similar situation 3 times out of how many games ?

I wouldn't call 3 times very common myself.

If you tried to account for win rate in the mm, then all the unicums & good players wouldn't be able to play, because they would be sitting there all day in the queue...

Best to only wait 5 mins max.

& let all the unicums come & slaughter us.

No good whining about mm, just play....

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles
7 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

1. That is not really possible. Skill based MM will be too boring for everyone after passing the too stressful stage. Also MM ensures that the difference of division numbers can be at most 1.

2. Well, the direction this game is following, by 2019 every ship will have RADAR so no worries lol. This is an issue which devs don't think of as a problem, so we can't really do anything.

3. What you explain is fine. What not fine is often the top DD tiers do not match. The number of difference in each class can be at most 1 except for CVs. But matching top tier should be a must.

4. 3 times out of how many games? I don't think this is very frequent incident.

Again, the MM is not as unbearable as you think it is. The high tiers are a bit messed up, also due to the contributing factor being too many fishing divs which devs cannot do anything about.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,137 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

1. That is not really possible. Skill based MM will be too boring for everyone after passing the too stressful stage. Also MM ensures that the difference of division numbers can be at most 1.

2. Well, the direction this game is following, by 2019 every ship will have RADAR so no worries lol. This is an issue which devs don't think of as a problem, so we can't really do anything.

3. What you explain is fine. What not fine is often the top DD tiers do not match. The number of difference in each class can be at most 1 except for CVs. But matching top tier should be a must.

4. 3 times out of how many games? I don't think this is very frequent incident.

Again, the MM is not as unbearable as you think it is. The high tiers are a bit messed up, also due to the contributing factor being too many fishing divs which devs cannot do anything about.

3 times this month to be exact

203 posts
11,788 battles

How about this.

Wait for Clanwars to be finished and see if the game is more engaging ? I can already imagine a clan stacking up nothing but "Comptetive ships" with both radars and smoke.

To top it off most gameplay will looked like "Rank Battle", Smokes everywhere a battle of whoever makes a mistake first.

You could ended up waiting for the whole game just for that "First mistake". How Engaging gameplay is that?

Edited by MikuChrome

1,490 posts
2 minutes ago, MikuChrome said:

How about this.

Wait for Clanwars to be finished and see if the game is more engaging ? I can already imagine a clan stacking up nothing but "Comptetive ships" with both radars and smoke.

To top it off most gameplay will looked like "Rank Battle", Smokes everywhere a battle of whoever makes a mistake first.

You could ended up waiting for whole the whole game just for that "First mistake". How Engaging gameplay is that?

Sounds like a tier 10 match description

:Smile_trollface:

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
10 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

that is awfully few to mention

To certain people its "once too many", just like that "fun and engaging" experience.

Some other people just don't want to face the fact that are not as good as they believe (a.k.a. Unicums inside their brain), so they just love to blame everything around him, and one of them is MM.

Where is OP when he is on the other side I wonder?

248 posts

i still find it bizarre to this day that they don't do the very simple things which are obviously do-able,

that would improve the system. for example, putting 2 dd's on one team that are gunboats and two torp dd's on the other [who are NOT in divs]

it's dumb beyond reason. it would not alter the MM at all to swap two of the dd's and have balance.

i have spent many many games lately watching dd's go round in cricles because we have useless cv hunters.

they literally have no feasible excuse why this hasn't already been fixed.

If you'e going to make a rock paper scissors game you need to make sure you don't give one team all paper and the other team all scissors.

it's not rocket science. it's not even close.

anyone saying otherwise doesn't really have any valid argument.

fix your game noobs

Edited by fuzzjunky

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

WG have said before they don't want to over-complicate the MM by considering things like smoke and radar and player skill as it would just make queue times even longer.

They don't consider ship roles like AA or gunboat DDs either, but they said they do try to balance the ship nations, so if there are 2 tier 8 IJN cruisers and 2 tier 8 USN cruisers, ideally both team should have 1 IJN and 1 USN cruiser each.

But of course sometimes the MM screws up or has to make allowances, especially if there are not many people queueing or someone has been sitting in queue for too long.

Sign in to follow this