You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Why WG why?

45 comments in this topic

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

Why do you insist on forcing those Arpeggio girls voices on us? If we can turn off the camo etc then please can we turn off the voices. I don't know the language sorry. I certainly don't want some melodramatic girl screaming at me.

Edited by keskparane

1,329 posts
8,812 battles

You mean the filter to disable their voices and camo no longer works?

Anyway if you are looking to complete that ARP achievement you don't actually need to play the ARP ships. Just play the normal Kongo, Myoko or Atago.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

The display filter works to make them look normal but the filter in the audio settings does not work. I put an anime captain on my new shokaku and was all arpeggio voice... until I erased them.

Edited by keskparane

165 posts
2,023 battles
5 hours ago, keskparane said:

I certainly don't want some melodramatic girl screaming at me.

so you prefer some melodramatic dude screaming at you?

1,479 posts

"I NEED INTELLIGENCE....

( deliberate long pause added for realism)

DATA."

"DENIED !"

"GET BACK"

While these new vocals sound like wankers, its still better than the screeching girls with the suggestive breathing.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

440 posts
3,379 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

I suggest using Iona or Nachi then. They tend to shout less.

Iona'll probably be responded with "hurr durr high pitched pedophilic school girl voice". So I would say just nachi since she sounds soothing and normal (maybe myoko too?)

1,386 posts
8,216 battles

Hear that sound? That's the sweet sound of purists moaning...

If you dislike anime stuff, just don't use them, switch the filter and don't the the captain. They are just 10pt/12pt capt, and is it that hard to train a "muh realism" capt with the same points? If you are going to be a purist, you should put your efforts into it. The anime fanciers spent quite some time grinding those glowing ships, and why shouldn't the purists just grind a 10pt capt? If you opt using the anime captain, it is your choice, and you are supposed to deal with it. The same thing happens with the "realism" Seagal, if you choose to use that captain, you will have to use that boring motionless voiceover. And unlike Seagal, anime captains does not have any speciality over normal "realism" captains. In a word, grind your own capt or deal with it.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

While I understand your point @HMS_Swiftsure_08 I feel you have largely missed mine. IMO you should either have the Arpeggio stuff or not. My point largely was if they have decided to allow you to disable the visuals then why not do the same for the audio?

85 posts

>complains about ARP audio

>mfw problem is solved by NOT USING ANY OF THE ARPEGGIO SHIPS AND/OR CAPTAINS AT ALL

>mfw complaining about anime content when you can totally ignore it 

Why can't these normie plebs grow a brain for once

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

2,214 posts
13,673 battles
9 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Why can't these normie plebs grow a brain for once

From discussion about disabling voices to this?

Edited by keskparane

1,386 posts
8,216 battles
35 minutes ago, keskparane said:

While I understand your point @HMS_Swiftsure_08 I feel you have largely missed mine. IMO you should either have the Arpeggio stuff or not. My point largely was if they have decided to allow you to disable the visuals then why not do the same for the audio?

Banning visual is an addition to "I'm not using that shyt(p)" because you cannot force other people to opt using non-glowing ships. But the audio is totally your option based on what captain you choose/(if that capt does not have special voiceover) your audio setting. Because team voiceover is not the voice other player choose, there is no point of an option for banning special voiceover. In other words, the audio equivlant for "no I don't want to see that shyt" is already there and always on, as I was not listening to a mixture of ARP HSF Chinese Japanese English(NA/GB) and other types of voiceover all in the same time. As I said, if you dislike anime stuff, just don't use any of them, train your own captain. Yelling "glowing shyt not muh realism WG sux" and using that capt is like "I'm going on a strike!" "6PM now I'm starting my strike!" "8AM now I'm pausing my strike and going to work! I'll continue my strike 6PM today!"

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

440 posts
3,379 battles
16 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I'm not sure what ive done but I don't get the voices, skins and the captains look like real men.   I use my arp ships a lot now.

What you've done is turn off the ARP/SoDrag for ARP and southern dragon ships, where they just turn into your everyday ships. What kesk is having problems with is he put an anime captain in his shokaku and the voice went all anime (done this myself where my furutaka has ASMR Nachi's voice) . Kinda funny though that it turns off for those ships only but it's still anime for non ARP-southern dragon ships

Edited by rouge42

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

@HMS_Swiftsure_08 Actually I don't mind the visuals all that much. They are not my cup of tea but they don't change how I play the game. Every other IJN captain I have speaks to me in english, which is the language I understand best. I use the audio cues in my gameplay. Arpeggio captains only speak in Japanese, which is a language I do not understand. 

2,214 posts
13,673 battles
5 minutes ago, rouge42 said:

What you've done is turn off the ARP/SoDrag for ARP and southern dragon ships, where they just turn into your everyday ships. What kesk is having problems with is he put an anime captain in his shokaku and the voice went all anime (done this myself where my furutaka has ASMR Nachi's voice) . Kinda funny though that it turns off for those ships only but it's still anime for non ARP-southern dragon ships

So you are saying that the anime voices are disabled on the arp ships?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
21 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I use my arp ships a lot now.

..suddenly my world has turned upside down.