Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
2nd_violation2013774911

So easy to get the pink

42 comments in this topic

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

yeah, im just wondering how many people you team damaged/killed before that to rack up enough penalties to turn pink with 10 damage

My thoughts exactly.

In my experience, you will get team killer penalty when you sink a ship on your team.

I have seen team penalties once or twice after hitting team members with guns or torpedos several times, in one game, but without sinking them.

I have never seen the team kill penalty for just touching ships.

Touching ships, also known as ramming, usually happens when people don't look. So, look! Easy!

If you don't agree with the status, you can always contact WG.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I got pink 5-6 times in 5.8k games. Mostly in co-op. So easy? Getting pink is really hard!!!

Copying my thoughts from some other threads:

Edited by icy_phoenix

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
4 hours ago, ipoopdmeself said:

shot-17_09.16_11_18.29-0811.thumb.jpg.5894f8312716f2e18f2d6a19cad4c681.jpg 

Co-op game    2 ships touched   And this !!

Ipoopdmeself when I saw it !!!!

Any thoughts out there ??

This is just evidence its not your first time.   You don't get it from 10 damage , you get it from sustained damage or a big amount of damage during a game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles

No one said you're a serial team killer.   The game says you have incurred a considerable amount of damage and that last ten tipped you over the line.   It could be from bumping ships, bad torps...anything.  

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
36 minutes ago, ipoopdmeself said:

SERIOUSLY  !?!?!

Do ANY of YOU have any evidence or proof to substantiate that I am a serial team killer ?

quietly awaiting replies (so I can shit on them )

PROOF not opinions !  screenshots or we cant help you , kids

Well you did turn pink but then no one said you were a team killer just that you must've done considerable damage to team mates to turn pink.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

It doesn't matter if it's proof or opinion the fact is you turned pink and the game mechanics are flexible enough to allow for small amounts of team damage to occur without turning pink. There's a threshold i don't know how much team damage is required but if you stay below the threshold for team damage you don't turn pink. 

30 posts
6,507 battles
Just now, Epicurus_ said:

It doesn't matter if it's proof or opinion the fact is you turned pink and the game mechanics are flexible enough to allow for small amounts of team damage to occur without turning pink. There's a threshold i don't know how much team damage is required but if you stay below the threshold for team damage you don't turn pink. 

Did you say  YOU DONT KNOW  ??

If you don't know don't waste my time !

My facts are on my screenshot

10 =pink .doode

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
10 minutes ago, ipoopdmeself said:

Hi ralpa

So you are saying that damage accumulates over many games ?

Or is damage specific to the actual game played !

UNDERSTANDING THE RULES REGARDING TEAM DAMAGE AND TEAM KILLING

1. So what are the rules regarding damaging and killing teammates?

Section 4 states it is against the rules to intentionally damage or destroy friendly ships on your team.

"4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill)."

2. And what if you accidentally damage or kill a teammate?

WG uses an automated team damage and teamkill system. This is the current automatic team damage and TK system per patch 0.5.6 and 0.5.7:

"Teamkilling Prevention Improvements

The unsportsmanlike conduct report system that has long been part of the game was not always capable of coping with new challenges. With the release of the game, purposeful killing of teammates and friendly fire have become way too common, and the previous settings of the penalty system ceased to be efficient enough to counter the teamkillers. We believe that the new changes will tame the worst offenders and at the same time provide better protection for fair players.

• We lowered the threshold for obtaining 'Teamkiller' status. Now, even minor damage to an allied ship will result in the offender receiving this dishonourable status
  • The 'Teamkiller' status now takes into account allied aircraft destroyed in an Air Squadron Assault, launched by pressing [Alt], as well as damage to allies from fire and flooding
  • Compensation for damage caused by allies will cover the full cost of ship repairs, irrespective of how many Credits the offender earns in the corresponding battle. Please note that a fixed portion of the cost of ship servicing and the cost of ammunition will not be compensated
  • The more often a player breaks the rules of the game and gets the "Teamkiller" status, the more battles they will need to fight without violations in order to return to "normal" status
  • Regular offenders who damage allies will be subject to a special teamkill penalty calculation scheme. Under that scheme, the amount of damage they inflicted on an ally will be reduced by 90% while the return damage to the offender's own ship will be increased by more than 100% of its initial amount

The penalty mechanics have been reworked:

• PREVIOUSLY: Penalties for damage caused to allies used to be applied to the amount of XP determined with the use of modifiers, including Premium Account
  • NOW: Penalties for damage caused to allies are applied to the final XP value determined after all of the modifiers have been applied
  • That way players with Premium accounts, signals and other boosters will be receiving similar fines to players without the listed modifiers"

3. What is the damage threshold or how much damage does it take to be labeled a team killer?

WG has chosen to not reveal the amount of friendly fire damage that is required to be branded a team killer. Why? There are pros and cons, but the main reason is so that players that like to troll and grieve other players and intentionally cause team damage and team kill cannot abuse the system by causing team damage to just right at the point they would cross that damage threshold.

4. So what happens if I or another player crosses that damage threshold in WoWs?

Said player turns pink to denote that they have been branded with "teamkiller status." Once you are pink, if you cause any damage to a teammate, that damage is reflected back on you. 

5. How long do I have to wear the pink badge of shame?

For at least 4 to 5 games on average for first-time offenders ... as long as you do not cause any further team damage while you are pink. Doing so will extend the length of time you will have to "work off" the pink badge of shame.

In other words, the more team damage and team kills a player causes, the more time it will take to work off that pink badge of shame.

6. How bad is it that I turned pink and am labeled a team killer?

Take a deep breath and do not panic. It is not the end of the world if you happened to get the pink badge of shame.

If you turn pink once or twice because you accidentally killed a teammate by not paying attention and sailed into his or her ship or you were not being careful when firing your guns or torpedos at the enemy and a friendly was in close proximity to the target, then just learn from your mistakes and in a few matches, your team killer status will be lifted. Most players who have played enough games have accidentally killed a teammate and turned pink, and it is not uncommon for new players to do so, especialy when they first learning how to use torpedos.

I had the misfortune of turning pink on a couple of occasions learning to play destroyers (DD) and using torpedos; so, for all you new DD captains, be careful firing those torps!

7. Can I shoot "pink" teammates in WoWs like the "blue" players in WoTs?

NO.

For those players that have played WoT, I can understand the confusion where you are allowed to kill those teammates in "blue" tanks who have done so for team damage and team killing. However, this is not the case in WoWs.  Not everyone who turns blue in WoT and certainly not everyone who turns pink in WoWs is a griever who is TK'ing on purpose. Often it is by accident where the player carelessly fired torps, hit and sank a friendly or a cruiser or BB captain whose secondaries sank a friendly that got in-between them and an enemy ship. 

In other words, don't shoot the pink guys and gals on your team.

8. A teammate is blocking, ramming, or shooting me or at another friendly on purpose, am I allowed to defend myself or my teammates and shoot back?

NO.

If a player on your team decides they want to be a jack hat and start doing things like sailing in front of you on purpose to block or get you to ram them, or intentionally rams you, or just starts blasting away at you from the start of the match with his or her guns and torps or because you are capping a base or cap point and they want all the points or you kill a ship they were firing at, your only recourse is to allow the automated system to do it's job. If you retaliate in kind, you will only be penalized for causing damage or killing a teammate and could end up turning "pink" yourself. You very likely will turn "pink."

While it sucks to be on the receiving end of the in-game bullying and it will generally ruin your fun for that particular match, it is best to just ignore the player.

You can also use the in-game reporting system by left clicking the offending player's name in the end-of-battle report screen, select report, and then "poor gameplay."

9.  The automated system is not perfect.

As I have stated, you can turn pink and labeled as a team killer through no fault of your own. If a teammate rams your ship either on purpose or on accident and it results in damage to his or her ship or in the destruction of his or her ship, you will be penalized for it. Of course, they are also penalized for any damage they cause to your ship or if they destroy you.

In addition, the secondary batteries on your cruiser or battleship will not hold their fire if an enemy ship is within range of those batteries and a friendly teammate sails between you and that enemy ship. Any secondary battery rounds that hit the friendly ship and cause damage or cause the sinking of a friendly, you get penalized for. If you are trying to work off the pink, it may be wise to turn off your secondaries when you get within 4 to 5 km of an enemy ship and there is a teammate in the area so you are not penalized.

To sum up:

1. WoWs uses an automated team damage and team kill system currently.

2. Players that cross the damage threshold are deemed "team killers" and turn pink.

3. You should not try to kill pink teammates.

4. If you do not want to turn pink, do not shoot or ram teammates.

5. Do not shoot or ram teammates period.

6. Be careful when firing torpedos.

I know not everyone agrees with the automated team damage system in WoWs. There are a myriad of opinions on the subject, but hopefully, for those of you new to the game or just didn't know how it worked, this guide has helped you better understand the system.

I also recommend reading LittleWhiteMouse's guide on what to do if you do end up turning pink because of repeated team damage or TK'ing a teammate:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/81056-mouses-guide-to-being-a-teamkiller/

Cheers and happy gaming.

30 posts
6,507 battles
6 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

UNDERSTANDING THE RULES REGARDING TEAM DAMAGE AND TEAM KILLING

1. So what are the rules regarding damaging and killing teammates?

Section 4 states it is against the rules to intentionally damage or destroy friendly ships on your team.

"4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill)."

2. And what if you accidentally damage or kill a teammate?

WG uses an automated team damage and teamkill system. This is the current automatic team damage and TK system per patch 0.5.6 and 0.5.7:

"Teamkilling Prevention Improvements

The unsportsmanlike conduct report system that has long been part of the game was not always capable of coping with new challenges. With the release of the game, purposeful killing of teammates and friendly fire have become way too common, and the previous settings of the penalty system ceased to be efficient enough to counter the teamkillers. We believe that the new changes will tame the worst offenders and at the same time provide better protection for fair players.

• We lowered the threshold for obtaining 'Teamkiller' status. Now, even minor damage to an allied ship will result in the offender receiving this dishonourable status
  • The 'Teamkiller' status now takes into account allied aircraft destroyed in an Air Squadron Assault, launched by pressing [Alt], as well as damage to allies from fire and flooding
  • Compensation for damage caused by allies will cover the full cost of ship repairs, irrespective of how many Credits the offender earns in the corresponding battle. Please note that a fixed portion of the cost of ship servicing and the cost of ammunition will not be compensated
  • The more often a player breaks the rules of the game and gets the "Teamkiller" status, the more battles they will need to fight without violations in order to return to "normal" status
  • Regular offenders who damage allies will be subject to a special teamkill penalty calculation scheme. Under that scheme, the amount of damage they inflicted on an ally will be reduced by 90% while the return damage to the offender's own ship will be increased by more than 100% of its initial amount

The penalty mechanics have been reworked:

• PREVIOUSLY: Penalties for damage caused to allies used to be applied to the amount of XP determined with the use of modifiers, including Premium Account
  • NOW: Penalties for damage caused to allies are applied to the final XP value determined after all of the modifiers have been applied
  • That way players with Premium accounts, signals and other boosters will be receiving similar fines to players without the listed modifiers"

3. What is the damage threshold or how much damage does it take to be labeled a team killer?

WG has chosen to not reveal the amount of friendly fire damage that is required to be branded a team killer. Why? There are pros and cons, but the main reason is so that players that like to troll and grieve other players and intentionally cause team damage and team kill cannot abuse the system by causing team damage to just right at the point they would cross that damage threshold.

4. So what happens if I or another player crosses that damage threshold in WoWs?

Said player turns pink to denote that they have been branded with "teamkiller status." Once you are pink, if you cause any damage to a teammate, that damage is reflected back on you. 

5. How long do I have to wear the pink badge of shame?

For at least 4 to 5 games on average for first-time offenders ... as long as you do not cause any further team damage while you are pink. Doing so will extend the length of time you will have to "work off" the pink badge of shame.

In other words, the more team damage and team kills a player causes, the more time it will take to work off that pink badge of shame.

6. How bad is it that I turned pink and am labeled a team killer?

Take a deep breath and do not panic. It is not the end of the world if you happened to get the pink badge of shame.

If you turn pink once or twice because you accidentally killed a teammate by not paying attention and sailed into his or her ship or you were not being careful when firing your guns or torpedos at the enemy and a friendly was in close proximity to the target, then just learn from your mistakes and in a few matches, your team killer status will be lifted. Most players who have played enough games have accidentally killed a teammate and turned pink, and it is not uncommon for new players to do so, especialy when they first learning how to use torpedos.

I had the misfortune of turning pink on a couple of occasions learning to play destroyers (DD) and using torpedos; so, for all you new DD captains, be careful firing those torps!

7. Can I shoot "pink" teammates in WoWs like the "blue" players in WoTs?

NO.

For those players that have played WoT, I can understand the confusion where you are allowed to kill those teammates in "blue" tanks who have done so for team damage and team killing. However, this is not the case in WoWs.  Not everyone who turns blue in WoT and certainly not everyone who turns pink in WoWs is a griever who is TK'ing on purpose. Often it is by accident where the player carelessly fired torps, hit and sank a friendly or a cruiser or BB captain whose secondaries sank a friendly that got in-between them and an enemy ship. 

In other words, don't shoot the pink guys and gals on your team.

8. A teammate is blocking, ramming, or shooting me or at another friendly on purpose, am I allowed to defend myself or my teammates and shoot back?

NO.

If a player on your team decides they want to be a jack hat and start doing things like sailing in front of you on purpose to block or get you to ram them, or intentionally rams you, or just starts blasting away at you from the start of the match with his or her guns and torps or because you are capping a base or cap point and they want all the points or you kill a ship they were firing at, your only recourse is to allow the automated system to do it's job. If you retaliate in kind, you will only be penalized for causing damage or killing a teammate and could end up turning "pink" yourself. You very likely will turn "pink."

While it sucks to be on the receiving end of the in-game bullying and it will generally ruin your fun for that particular match, it is best to just ignore the player.

You can also use the in-game reporting system by left clicking the offending player's name in the end-of-battle report screen, select report, and then "poor gameplay."

9.  The automated system is not perfect.

As I have stated, you can turn pink and labeled as a team killer through no fault of your own. If a teammate rams your ship either on purpose or on accident and it results in damage to his or her ship or in the destruction of his or her ship, you will be penalized for it. Of course, they are also penalized for any damage they cause to your ship or if they destroy you.

In addition, the secondary batteries on your cruiser or battleship will not hold their fire if an enemy ship is within range of those batteries and a friendly teammate sails between you and that enemy ship. Any secondary battery rounds that hit the friendly ship and cause damage or cause the sinking of a friendly, you get penalized for. If you are trying to work off the pink, it may be wise to turn off your secondaries when you get within 4 to 5 km of an enemy ship and there is a teammate in the area so you are not penalized.

To sum up:

1. WoWs uses an automated team damage and team kill system currently.

2. Players that cross the damage threshold are deemed "team killers" and turn pink.

3. You should not try to kill pink teammates.

4. If you do not want to turn pink, do not shoot or ram teammates.

5. Do not shoot or ram teammates period.

6. Be careful when firing torpedos.

I know not everyone agrees with the automated team damage system in WoWs. There are a myriad of opinions on the subject, but hopefully, for those of you new to the game or just didn't know how it worked, this guide has helped you better understand the system.

I also recommend reading LittleWhiteMouse's guide on what to do if you do end up turning pink because of repeated team damage or TK'ing a teammate:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/81056-mouses-guide-to-being-a-teamkiller/

Cheers and happy gaming.

tl;dr

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles

TL:DR.   You consistently caused damage so you are pink.  Accidental or deliberate is not differentiated by the system.The last ten points merely put you over the threshold.  Be more careful.

30 posts
6,507 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

TL:DR.   You consistently caused damage so you are pink.  Accidental or deliberate is not differentiated by the system.The last ten points merely put you over the threshold.  Be more careful.

Don't fall off your high horse

10 =pink  would mean I just came off team killer status last game  as implied by all your posts 

Is that what is being implied here  .

Has anyone had the decency to ASK the last time I was pink .

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, ipoopdmeself said:

is that  proof or an OPINION  bro

That's how the code works you [content removed]. We don't need a proof.

Insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

30 posts
6,507 battles
51 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

That's how the code works you [content removed]. We don't need a proof.

We don't need A proof ? Who exactly is we ?

Did you as a super tester write the code or do you read code , snowflake ? 

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
7 hours ago, ipoopdmeself said:

Any thoughts out there ??

team damage accumulates until a threshold is reached, then pink status is applied.

You have slowly been hitting team mates, that last 10 points was enough to tip you over the edge.

Now you are pink...although that was 7 hours ago, you prob have lost pinky by now. 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
3 minutes ago, ipoopdmeself said:

We don't need A proof ? Who exactly is we ?

Did you as a super tester write the code or do you read code , snowflake ? 

I'm sorry but that information is above your pay grade. Lol

30 posts
6,507 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

team damage accumulates until a threshold is reached, then pink status is applied.

You have slowly been hitting team mates, that last 10 points was enough to tip you over the edge.

Now you are pink...although that was 7 hours ago, you prob have lost pinky by now. 

hi

is that the answer to this  question I asked earlier

51 minutes ago, ipoopdmeself said:

So you are saying that damage accumulates over many games ?

Or is damage specific to the actual game played !

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Haven't gotten a pink name in, I think 6 months? It's not difficult to avoid damaging allies ya know? All it takes is some situational awareness and maybe a few taps of A and D.

Edited by pwnies5600
Oh boy this thread is a hot topic now

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

yep, damage over many games. In fact, damage over all your games.

Once you achieve the dubious state of being pink, it resets.

Turn pink enough times, harsher penalties apply.

Sign in to follow this