Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

BB Weekly today are meh

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles

Hello,

I notice they got a new ship on shop right now and why WG wanted to sell the same Arizona and Dunkerque when like 70% - 80% of people have those . ( aside for just a lame as +10 Commander and other missions ).

All what i can see uncommon is Alabama . Don't you think we all should rather buy something MORE special premium ships than a common Premiums?

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles
1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Hello,

I notice they got a new ship on shop right now and why WG wanted to sell the same Arizona and Dunkerque when like 70% - 80% of people have those . ( aside for just a lame as +10 Commander and other missions ).

All what i can see uncommon is Alabama . Don't you think we all should rather buy something MORE special premium ships than a common Premiums?

There was a time when those ships weren't that common either. Those ships were released a long time ago and Alabama is a relatively new one, also very costly. So what they do is, rotate these with longer intervals to increase market demand. You realize the basic marketing strategies, right?

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
5 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

There was a time when those ships weren't that common either. Those ships were released a long time ago and Alabama is a relatively new one, also very costly. So what they do is, rotate these with longer intervals to increase market demand. You realize the basic marketing strategies, right?

I agree with basic marketing strategies, BUT now in-game which you can instantly get Dunkerque and Arizona. ( Aside Alabama which i know is rare to be seen ) They should impress us something special.

I Rather ask them to sell us SOMETHING interesting. Admiral Makarov notably. or people want ( MIKASA  which i dont have long time ago because didnt make it that time )

DD is the same thing . " Blyskawica and Anshan " ~ Commons  ( Sims is a good thing i wanted to see )

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

If I'm not wrong they were selling sims last week in premium shop. I get what you are trying to say, but this is how premium shop has been working since the beginning (in Asia). You have to check 2-3 times every week to see if your favorite ship is popping up.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

If I'm not wrong they were selling sims last week in premium shop. I get what you are trying to say, but this is how premium shop has been working since the beginning (in Asia). You have to check 2-3 times every week to see if your favorite ship is popping up.

Its still meh to me now.

I'm waiting for special ships like Giulio Cesare. the RELEASE of that.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

Why complain about something like this?  Just because you have those ships doesn't mean other people don't want to buy them.  They come out with new premiums all the time - the next one won't be far away, it's important they do their best to get the balance right, just be patient.

The funniest thing is that you complain about the superb Arizona and Alabama, but complain they don't have the decidedly average Makarov and absolutely woeful Mikasa in store!  I don't want these great ships, where are all the crappy ones?!

Honestly it's not often I wish there was a downbote option on these forums, but this is one of those times.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
5 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Why complain about something like this?  Just because you have those ships doesn't mean other people don't want to buy them.  They come out with new premiums all the time - the next one won't be far away, it's important they do their best to get the balance right, just be patient.

The funniest thing is that you complain about the superb Arizona and Alabama, but complain they don't have the decidedly average Makarov and absolutely woeful Mikasa in store!  I don't want these great ships, where are all the crappy ones?!

Honestly it's not often I wish there was a downbote option on these forums, but this is one of those times.

Dude , Not like before, that Dunkerque and Arizona is rare but now why would you want to waste something for a Ship with a fancy +10 Commander ( because you want a mere dumb +10 Commander for purpose of playing badly you lazy twat, get a real training commander to freaking train yourself . ) when you can buy them manually in-game .  I don't care its the balance, its the same repentitive premium i've ever seen. ( ALABAMA is acceptable since not all have that which i can take it back but WHY Arizona and Dunkerque? )

I'm one of the DAMN FEW's who want Non-mainstream ships like Duca'D Aosta , Kaga , HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee or EVEN the utterly Broken Graf Zeps along with Enterprise and so on.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

Eventually all these rare premiums you wanted so bad will become a common sight. Now which one of us still remember a year ago when NA gets Arizona while us SEA server waited for months? Or people spilling all the salt getting Alabama a week behind NA and way behind ST? And late 2016 when Belfast got off the shelves for the first time, people cursed the ship and hoped for a no return, but now Belfast is not just a permanent museum in reality, but also a permanent resident of the premium shop.

Also, that T5 Italian BB is still undergoing balance evaluations, and is in the early phase of that.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
18 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Eventually all these rare premiums you wanted so bad will become a common sight. Now which one of us still remember a year ago when NA gets Arizona while us SEA server waited for months? Or people spilling all the salt getting Alabama a week behind NA and way behind ST? And late 2016 when Belfast got off the shelves for the first time, people cursed the ship and hoped for a no return, but now Belfast is not just a permanent museum in reality, but also a permanent resident of the premium shop.

Also, that T5 Italian BB is still undergoing balance evaluations, and is in the early phase of that.

Which is why i only wanted specific ships.  ( I still don't even care if i wanted so bad will be come a common sight, Kaga is one example. ) I rather collect something worthwhile for my Ship Performance and not your everyday match with Saipan or Belfast along with Atlanta and Scharnhorst.

Also i do remember NA got Arizona, idk why SEA butthurt about Arizona? Its just your so called playing as New Mexico style BB. But i still will not buy anything related to certain ship with a playstyle. ( unless you want that for extra new mexico playstyle when your New Mex is downed and go to Port )

As for Alabama , that one i know the riot too.  Just because ST got South Dakota while the user butthurt and became alabama. ( People these days are ungrateful ) ( But again whats the big deal about South Dakota Class Battleship? I mean its relatively similar to North Carolina . )

And for Belfast , People hated it and yet i seen alot of them. What is this logic?

As for Giulio Cesare :

Yeah well early phase this long?  I remember duca'D'Aosta is way faster release than T5 BB.

And you do not forget GZ been taken off the ship which is more expensive than Enterprise, Inferior than other T8 CV (aside Enterprise T6 FT ) downright insult for those who own it, and people's main favourite dream too.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
11 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Which is why i only wanted specific ships.  ( I still don't even care if i wanted so bad will be come a common sight, Kaga is one example. ) I rather collect something worthwhile for my Ship Performance and not your everyday match with Saipan or Belfast along with Atlanta and Scharnhorst.

Also i do remember NA got Arizona, idk why SEA butthurt about Arizona? Its just your so called playing as New Mexico style BB. But i still will not buy anything related to certain ship with a playstyle. ( unless you want that for extra new mexico playstyle when your New Mex is downed and go to Port )

As for Alabama , that one i know the riot too.  Just because ST got South Dakota while the user butthurt and became alabama. ( People these days are ungrateful ) ( But again whats the big deal about South Dakota Class Battleship? I mean its relatively similar to North Carolina . )

And for Belfast , People hated it and yet i seen alot of them. What is this logic?

As for Giulio Cesare :

Yeah well early phase this long?  I remember duca'D'Aosta is way faster release than T5 BB.

And you do not forget GZ been taken off the ship which is more expensive than Enterprise, Inferior than other T8 CV (aside Enterprise T6 FT ) downright insult for those who own it, and people's main favourite dream too.

Belfast, when first released, was not a popular ship, not many people bought the ship. Due to her excessive performance, people wanted the ship to die away like Imperator Nikolai, but now the ship is no longer a rare sight and is purchasable at any time.

Cesare was teased IIRC late August? A ship usually takes more than a month to balance out, and she will be into the next stage by 0.6.11, being imported into the players' client and be tested in live server games. Duca d Aosta did take over a month in tweaking, but due to flamu's misleadingly positive review, the ship was released quick, despite being clearly under gunned.

GZ was due to WG trying to garb a big bite out of their players' wallet before the gamescom, so she was pushed out too early.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Belfast, when first released, was not a popular ship, not many people bought the ship. Due to her excessive performance, people wanted the ship to die away like Imperator Nikolai, but now the ship is no longer a rare sight and is purchasable at any time.

Cesare was teased IIRC late August? A ship usually takes more than a month to balance out, and she will be into the next stage by 0.6.11, being imported into the players' client and be tested in live server games. Duca d Aosta did take over a month in tweaking, but due to flamu's misleadingly positive review, the ship was released quick, despite being clearly under gunned.

GZ was due to WG trying to garb a big bite out of their players' wallet before the gamescom, so she was pushed out too early.

I agree to that point Belfast wasn't popular but its still a sell well ship and guess what? every T7 Match I've played , you will never failed to encounter at least 1 or 3 Belfast in Allied or Opposing team.

See what i mean J.Cesare was teased in Late August, now its Mid September. I admit i only hype those more than the first release of British BB long time ago.  But i don't mind how undergunned Duca is , Regina Marina ships are high armored along with good speed but horrendously low firepower lines ever, Try Vittorio Veneto Its a 380mm on par with Bismarck or Tirpitz .

See? the market is something wrong before the gamescon of GZ.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Just because you don't want the Arizona or Dunkerque, doesn't mean nobody else wants it. How do you know most people have one? I don't have either ship. In fact, I was thinking of getting the Dunkerque since I don't have it yet and it comes with a 10-point commander. So you are saying I am lazy now? Well, some people have full-time jobs, commitments and other hobbies so they cannot play WoWs all day.

Look. I see where you are coming from but that is WG's marketing strategy. By making some ships rarer, you will be more inclined to purchase it at a higher price when it goes into the shop.

No offense, but it sounds like you are complaining just because you didn't get what you wanted. And until WG sees fit to change their sales strategy, you are going to have to deal with it.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I agree to that point Belfast wasn't popular but its still a sell well ship and guess what? every T7 Match I've played , you will never failed to encounter at least 1 or 3 Belfast in Allied or Opposing team.

See what i mean J.Cesare was teased in Late August, now its Mid September. I admit i only hype those more than the first release of British BB long time ago.  But i don't mind how undergunned Duca is , Regina Marina ships are high armored along with good speed but horrendously low firepower lines ever, Try Vittorio Veneto Its a 380mm on par with Bismarck or Tirpitz .

See? the market is something wrong before the gamescon of GZ.

During Belfast first release, not too many people made up their mind and got that ship, but over time Belfast appear in shop more frequently, against people's wish of the ship dying out. That is one example of "rare ships gets common over time" argument.

For the Duca d Aosta, SEA group (a great dataminer/modder group) first released her data at 9th of March, while the ship was released for sale 26th of April. The official tease should be a few days before SEA dataminers. (I personally viewed Duca as under gunned, the ship fires AP with low shell mass and Krupp, resulting in inferior penetration compared to other 6inchers of the tier, her HE was unimpressive as well due to low alpha and low chance of fire. Take it as a rant cuz I dislike flamu)

Anyway, premium ships gets less and less rare by time, and if you want to get rare ships, buy first release, for some extra $$$ you can get a comemmorative flag that can only be obtained first release and exclusive to the biggest pack(usually packed with tons of credits). The shop gets updated every Friday in SEA, and the time of the update is 2:00PM UTC+8

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
35 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Just because you don't want the Arizona or Dunkerque, doesn't mean nobody else wants it. How do you know most people have one? I don't have either ship. In fact, I was thinking of getting the Dunkerque since I don't have it yet and it comes with a 10-point commander. So you are saying I am lazy now? Well, some people have full-time jobs, commitments and other hobbies so they cannot play WoWs all day.

Look. I see where you are coming from but that is WG's marketing strategy. By making some ships rarer, you will be more inclined to purchase it at a higher price when it goes into the shop.

No offense, but it sounds like you are complaining just because you didn't get what you wanted. And until WG sees fit to change their sales strategy, you are going to have to deal with it.

Mister/Misses.

You could get it straight away in-game shop . Why waste extra dosh for a mere +10 commander when most people can do it easily? From 1 to 10 commander can be done in just 1 - 4 Hours on Heavy run.

But actually i dont care anymore , everybody can go ahead whatever they want for buying a ship with a +10 Commander.

And since when i said YOU are lazy? i don't even know who you are too. infact i don't know random people.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,428 battles

Well Lawrence, I also felt that this weeks' BB week is meh

and I also not interested in arizona and dunkeque

but this week is about selling BB

And they dont have many higher tier BBs yet

Apart from scharnhorst and tirpitz, and warspite and mutsu, that's it

605 posts
7,608 battles
36 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Mister/Misses.

You could get it straight away in-game shop . Why waste extra dosh for a mere +10 commander when most people can do it easily? 

You are forgetting 1,500 Doubleloons, X3 EXP Token(10 Accomplishments) for dunkerque

Ok bye.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
Just now, blacknoheart said:

Well Lawrence, I also felt that this weeks' BB week is meh

and I also not interested in arizona and dunkeque

but this week is about selling BB

And they dont have many higher tier BBs yet

Apart from scharnhorst and tirpitz, and warspite and mutsu, that's it

Every weeks are meh. Actually Sims and Alabama right now is Cool. But the everyday Lines are meh.

Yeah i agree that one point not all people don't have higher tier BB's. But why not get a Cheaper BB than Weekly version? all you do is to buy a BB with +10 Commander and some Missions for particular BB.

You know when Kaga came out for first time, I bought it on First release. this is a real deal.

34 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

During Belfast first release, not too many people made up their mind and got that ship, but over time Belfast appear in shop more frequently, against people's wish of the ship dying out. That is one example of "rare ships gets common over time" argument.

For the Duca d Aosta, SEA group (a great dataminer/modder group) first released her data at 9th of March, while the ship was released for sale 26th of April. The official tease should be a few days before SEA dataminers. (I personally viewed Duca as under gunned, the ship fires AP with low shell mass and Krupp, resulting in inferior penetration compared to other 6inchers of the tier, her HE was unimpressive as well due to low alpha and low chance of fire. Take it as a rant cuz I dislike flamu)

Anyway, premium ships gets less and less rare by time, and if you want to get rare ships, buy first release, for some extra $$$ you can get a comemmorative flag that can only be obtained first release and exclusive to the biggest pack(usually packed with tons of credits). The shop gets updated every Friday in SEA, and the time of the update is 2:00PM UTC+8

Well i dislike flamu too so that's agreedable. But for a person who crave for Italian line feels right place at home.

I know that i played duca and its very undergunned, loses to a simple Omaha, but if you played for a long time to look in deeper, people know its a real deal Light cruiser, you could make DD angry after you defeated them.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
1 minute ago, Gummilicious said:

You are forgetting 1,500 Doubleloons, X3 EXP Token(10 Accomplishments) for dunkerque

Ok bye.

^ still booish k bye

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
2 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Mister/Misses.

You could get it straight away in-game shop . Why waste extra dosh for a mere +10 commander when most people can do it easily? From 1 to 10 commander can be done in just 1 - 4 Hours on Heavy run.

But actually i dont care anymore , everybody can go ahead whatever they want for buying a ship with a +10 Commander.

And since when i said YOU are lazy? i don't even know who you are too. infact i don't know random people.

You just said in this very thread that those want to buy for the 10-point captains are lazy. Implying that people like me, who were considering the bundle for the 10-point captain and other goodies, were lazy twats who play badly.

5 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Dude , Not like before, that Dunkerque and Arizona is rare but now why would you want to waste something for a Ship with a fancy +10 Commander ( because you want a mere dumb +10 Commander for purpose of playing badly you lazy twat, get a real training commander to freaking train yourself . ) when you can buy them manually in-game .  I don't care its the balance, its the same repentitive premium i've ever seen. ( ALABAMA is acceptable since not all have that which i can take it back but WHY Arizona and Dunkerque? )

I'm one of the DAMN FEW's who want Non-mainstream ships like Duca'D Aosta , Kaga , HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee or EVEN the utterly Broken Graf Zeps along with Enterprise and so on.

Yes I can get Dunkerque and Arizona from the in-game shop. But does it come with extra doubloons, port slot, 10 point captains and win bonus tokens?

Why waste extra dosh? It is only a waste if you consider it as such. Time is money, and not everyone is willing to spend hours grinding up a captain. There is a reason why Premium account exists - to save time.

Again, just because you don't care about the ships or the extra goodies doesn't mean no else does.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Personally, I don't buy ships bundled with other stuffs. I only buy the ship. Because I'm a collector, and not really interested in captains or doubloons since I have numerous good captains. I think I have almost 40 premium ships by now. For me, waiting for my next planned ship and grabbing it when she appears is a little bit fun. So I never had any complains against how the premium shop is run. You will always see players coming here and ranting "Asia_Worst_Server.jpg" cause their dream ship is not immediately on sale. I wonder why people are even so impatient. I thought the average age of WoWS player base is 30.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Personally, I don't buy ships bundled with other stuffs. I only buy the ship. Because I'm a collector, and not really interested in captains or doubloons since I have numerous good captains. I think I have almost 40 premium ships by now. For me, waiting for my next planned ship and grabbing it when she appears is a little bit fun. So I never had any complains against how the premium shop is run. You will always see players coming here and ranting "Asia_Worst_Server.jpg" cause their dream ship is not immediately on sale. I wonder why people are even so impatient. I thought the average age of WoWS player base is 30.

you have really old people who drag up the numbers, and some prehistoric people like len*gets whacked with ban hammer*

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Which is why when people wanted to waste moderate amount of cash for just a simple +10 Commander and some minor boost which is when some people can do it themselves.

You know what if a bad player buys a  Ship  +10 Commander  and plays like peanut? I mean some people ( aside their work jobs ) can train themselves with a simple +1 or +3 to learn more than just play once or twice with +10 skills.

My main complain right now aside the same market strategy basic is that badly skilled people may buy them outright and will play like they never play battleship before. Even thought is mildly cheap for most Weekly's.

1,016 posts
7,490 battles
21 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Don't you think we all should rather buy something MORE special premium ships than a common Premiums?

This thread is a bit strange. You can buy what's in the shop. You can earn what they give away as a reward, like the "Oleg Marathon".

And of course you can complain about what you can or cannot buy, but it sounds to me like a child that didn't find the toy under the Xmas tree they wanted.

7 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

My main complain right now aside the same market strategy basic is that badly skilled people may buy them outright and will play like they never play battleship before. Even thought is mildly cheap for most Weekly's.

Welcome to online gaming. Just keep in mind that one game you may have the noob in a high tier ship on your team, next game there is only on the other team. There is no conspiracy against you personally.

When I started WoW, I bought myself Warspite and Blyskawica fairly early, when I had generally ship of T3 or T4. I generally did well in Warspite, but my play in Blyskawica totally sucked. I tried to play Blyskawica like a stealthy Japanese low-tier DD and that just didn't work, haha. I also bought a Tirpitz and generally did well in her.

Anyway, noobs seem to be a fact of life. As are complainers. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

My first 2 destroyers were Blyskawica and SIms. Never played any DD before these.

My first cruiser was Kutuzov. Back when there were no ifhe and I had no captain to speak about at all.

Clearly I didn't do a tremendous job, but didn't suck completely either. Those people you see drive clueless in premium ships, do the same in their tech tree ships. Heck there are even some arm chair generals who are driving boats for "muh realism" and historical accuracy, while some keep queuing up with their "virtual wifus" as they say. Weird. At the end of the day its still a game and not a naval warfare simulator. 

Sign in to follow this