Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fighter9374

Frustrated with potato aim

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

7 posts in this topic

I've had it with this really bad aim of mine. I keep missing ships floating at 10km or more.

Anybody got some time to teach me how to hit anything past 10km?

i really dont know what to say about this, this is just too......

how the hell did you get to a NC without knowing how to aim???

7 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i really dont know what to say about this, this is just too......

how the hell did you get to a NC without knowing how to aim???

OMG

how to get it?

how lewd :fish_boom:

4 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

I've had it with this really bad aim of mine. I keep missing ships floating at 10km or more.

I'm pretty sure your aim accuracy is better than mine. So I did a bit of comparison with mine. I played NC a long time ago, somewhere around this time of month last year, and I admit I didn't do quite well with her.

As I see, even with better accuracy, you do a lot worse than I did. Some key points:

You die too much, dealing little damage. Because you get too close too easily, and hence your accuracy is better than most other players. Your kill count is also low, which indicate you may suffer from wrong positioning.

But what I think the main reason is, you keep telling yourself again and again that NC is harder to aim, which is not. Believe it or not, at 15 km, Fuso and NC shells take just about same time to reach.

So, here are my suggestion, the farther you aim, pick bigger ships. Because NC shells cause a lot more damage to bigger ships when they are far away.; The closer you aim, start picking up smaller targets. For example, if you find a DD at 8, 12 and 15 km, shoot the DD at 8, but ignore those at 12 and 15 if there are other ships close by. If you see a cruiser at 12, 15 and 18 km, you choose the cruiser over a dd who may also be at 12 km. If you see a BB at 15, 18, 21 km, choose the BB at 15, even though there are DD and cruisers at the same range.

Point is, the farther you aim, you select bigger ships from your options. Specially the ones not maneuvering a lot. Like they say, people cannot angle against NC after 18 km. Also choose the right flank. NC is the slowest T8 battleship. If you choose your flank wrong, may be you will not survive long enough to reposition. You prefer a flank were you have good number of teammates around you, and enemy also have a lot of cruisers around 15 km or below. Its a common sense that, cruisers are easier to damage than a BB if they are in your range.

17 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I'm pretty sure your aim accuracy is better than mine. So I did a bit of comparison with mine. I played NC a long time ago, somewhere around this time of month last year, and I admit I didn't do quite well with her.

As I see, even with better accuracy, you do a lot worse than I did. Some key points:

You die too much, dealing little damage. Because you get too close too easily, and hence your accuracy is better than most other players. Your kill count is also low, which indicate you may suffer from wrong positioning.

But what I think the main reason is, you keep telling yourself again and again that NC is harder to aim, which is not. Believe it or not, at 15 km, Fuso and NC shells take just about same time to reach.

So, here are my suggestion, the farther you aim, pick bigger ships. Because NC shells cause a lot more damage to bigger ships when they are far away.; The closer you aim, start picking up smaller targets. For example, if you find a DD at 8, 12 and 15 km, shoot the DD at 8, but ignore those at 12 and 15 if there are other ships close by. If you see a cruiser at 12, 15 and 18 km, you choose the cruiser over a dd who may also be at 12 km. If you see a BB at 15, 18, 21 km, choose the BB at 15, even though there are DD and cruisers at the same range.

Point is, the farther you aim, you select bigger ships from your options. Specially the ones not maneuvering a lot. Like they say, people cannot angle against NC after 18 km. Also choose the right flank. NC is the slowest T8 battleship. If you choose your flank wrong, may be you will not survive long enough to reposition. You prefer a flank were you have good number of teammates around you, and enemy also have a lot of cruisers around 15 km or below. Its a common sense that, cruisers are easier to damage than a BB if they are in your range.

Thank you finally I get someone who's genuinely trying to help *Looks at above posts*

I'll try to keep what you said in mind. Plus I got to start trying to predict where the ships are gonna turn towards

On 9/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, fighter9374 said:

Ah well as icy has already explained more than enough I don't wanna go towards aim and distance for each class to target.. but being honest you cannot mostly hit a moving target over 18kms (unless the target is moving in straight line or stalled)

I'd rather say survival and helping team.. When people talk about tanking they don't really say for you to tank 4-9 ships at a time you just need to be at the right place at the right time(positioning).. say NC has excellent concealment so it is okay for you to get close like 11.9(or 11.8 I don't exactly remember) cuz after 20 secs you'll get concealed.. more importantly stay with team not too far ahead or behind so that you can help them at the right moment.. 

Damage you do is less idk the reasons I can just give solution from my perspective.. You need to use right kind of shells at right time like for example shoot at squishy ships like CLs or even lower tier BBs who make a mistake.. When in a BB it is better to wait for opportunity than to just keep shooting at an angled target cuz one moment or the other he has to turn in or out.. when talking about shooting at an angled BB you can just shoot at superstructure and hope for the best..
When in CA/CL you need to be aware of which shells do the best in certain situation.. For example lets take pensacola your AP is a lot dangerous than your HE.. You can citadel any cruiser at any range, pen a broadsided BB and do heavy damage at any range.. but when they are angled or when shooting at a DD switch to HE you'll do good amount of damage.. never be on front line cuz everyone likes to shoot you cuz you're easy to pen..

DD gameplay is all about capping, punishing misplaced ships, spotting(well if you want to) and when in USN DD it is all about team support..

USN shells do lots of damage to DDs (untill WG decides to change BB penning DD mechanics) you need to keep it in mind when using USN BBs..

Most of all I'd suggest you to play more in T5 and T6 because I feel you're not really ready to play higher tiers..(looking at stats) 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0