You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Why there's so many selfish and uncooperative players playing scenario?

37 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles

I played 5 Raptor Rescue today,and lose 5.

1 round is our 012 Bouge attack enemy Ryujo too early therefore Tatsu's angry TB's killed raptor.

The other 4 round is,almost every ship go to chase Zuiho therefore leave Raptor helpless against Mutsuki and Minekaze,though I've told them at least 3 times:Don't chase enemy ships,stick with Raptor.Finially my Fuso warded off 3 torps for Raptor and died,while Raptor took the rest torps and die too.

This is awful.......Didn't they know that if main task failed,they'll get less reward than co-op?

Edited by Kim_JongMion

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

Scenarios is now nothing more than an easy way to grind ships of those tiers.   If you have already achieved the rewards there is nothing more to gain from it.   No one cares about the mode any more

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
5 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Scenarios is now nothing more than an easy way to grind ships of those tiers.   If you have already achieved the rewards there is nothing more to gain from it.   No one cares about the mode any more

Still that question,didn't they know that if main task failed,they'll get less reward than co-op?Sigh

250 posts
13,183 battles

Scenarios is great way to bypass Tier 5 - 6 without suffering atrocious MM which send them facing 2 tier higher most of the time.
you will see a lot of players use this ladder just to avoid that, many bad players will come here just that.
After you reach 5-star in the operation, there is nothing to pursue anymore for that, thus people not get too serious about the mode.

about bad play, even WG fixed the game to be perfectly balanced, they cant fix human stupidity.

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
20 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

As stated, they don't care.  If they have the rewards then its just a free grind without having to play randoms

Here comes the question:when is time for Pan-Asia and UK commander?

1,350 posts
8,881 battles

The worst is when your team's BBs are hanging out behind the convoy at full health.

2 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

This is awful.......Didn't they know that if main task failed,they'll get less reward than co-op?

I am not sure if they even know what is the main task. I have lost games in Killer Whale purely because the team didn't head to the exit and instead chose to farm damage on spawning enemies.

All objectives completed but still a loss. Some people are just that dumb I guess.

460 posts
8,352 battles

I run into this as well, I think it's mostly out of greed that gets people doing the wrong thing. They all want the XP from killing those ships so bad that they don't bother completing important parts of the mission. I had it happen in Killer Whale where we lost simply because a few cruisers ran far away from the evac point sinking ships. Had they come with the slower ships they'd have had help (competition for damage/kills) and completed the mission, but they wanted all the kills/damage for themselves.

It's perfectly fine for a few fast ships to go chase that CV as long as some stay with the Raptor.

Scenario requires team play, and working towards the objective, you should lose if the team members fail to do that. I usually don't have a problem, but occasionally run into people determined to fail.

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
44 minutes ago, Aeek said:

OTOH just did Raptor Rescue, 5 star, everyone survived

I got 5 stars in every scenario. The number of uncooperative players increase sharply recently,much more than before,I don't know why

Edited by Kim_JongMion

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I don't think they're selfish or uncooperative.

More like inexperienced or lacking smarts. 

I don't think so.At the beginning I just type it on public screen"Stick with Raptor,saving it is priority 1.If main task fail you'll get less than co-op",but they don't listen.

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

The worst is when your team's BBs are hanging out behind the convoy at full health.

I am not sure if they even know what is the main task. I have lost games in Killer Whale purely because the team didn't head to the exit and instead chose to farm damage on spawning enemies.

All objectives completed but still a loss. Some people are just that dumb I guess.

The even worse is,BB fight against DD alone,while CA and DD hang out

1,350 posts
8,881 battles
11 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

The even worse is,BB fight against DD alone,while CA and DD hang out

Hah I am guilty of doing that in my BB. :Smile_hiding:

I will charge ahead and draw all those enemy torpedoes and HE spam. But hey, an enemy torpedo aimed at me is one less torpedo aimed at Raptor.

1,386 posts
8,246 battles

I guess properly manage the team's strength and put reasonable effort on each objective isn't easy for a random team... Many people either don't speak English or reluctant to do so, some even ignore the chat screen(and minimap) completely. Also, even months after first release, many people still don't get how to scenario, i.e. Where the bots spawn and what actions to take.

BTW any news on the hard difficulty of the first season maps? I hope we can play higher tier ships in scenario.

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I guess properly manage the team's strength and put reasonable effort on each objective isn't easy for a random team... Many people either don't speak English or reluctant to do so, some even ignore the chat screen(and minimap) completely. Also, even months after first release, many people still don't get how to scenario, i.e. Where the bots spawn and what actions to take.

BTW any news on the hard difficulty of the first season maps? I hope we can play higher tier ships in scenario.

I gonna make a guess:New scenario after Pan-Asia line released(For the sake of commander,of course!)

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

Disaster: tonight

full team alive, shall get 5 stars if operation complete, but not

some stupid ship push Raptor out of repair zone, she stay in there forever, support ships can not repair her :cap_fainting:

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

Big false: last month

Raptor almost reach Escape zone, but some CL hunger for repair and push and block Raptor when she just move out Rendezvous zone, she hit rock and reverse slowly for 2 mins and time run out and lose because she cant reach in time:etc_swear:

Edited by MatterCore

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
2 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Raptor almost reach Escape zone, but some CL hunger for repair and push and block Raptor when she just move out Rendezvous zone, she hit rock and reverse slowly for 2 mins and time run out and lose because she cant reach in time:etc_swear:

Well the AI in Raptor Rescue is also not as smart as Aegis,especially in dodging torpedoes

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles
6 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Well the AI in Raptor Rescue is also not as smart as Aegis,especially in dodging torpedoes

in this case

currently I am sailing with Iron Duke and Queen Elizabeth, always act like her torp defense :etc_hide_turtle:(Liberty too)

[COAT]
1,185 posts
10,174 battles
24 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

in this case

currently I am sailing with Iron Duke and Queen Elizabeth, always act like her torp defense :etc_hide_turtle:(Liberty too)

Sometimes after I dodged torp,I regret not take it for the AIs,especially the 12 HP Arsenal Ship

1,350 posts
8,881 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

Haha I had that a couple of days ago. Except I was luckier, Raptor crossed the finish line just as the timer ran out, so the team had the victory.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I strongly suggest playing either Independence or Ryujo in operations. Embarassing defeats can still happen, but those two CVs can carry the hardest in a server that is almost devoid of communication and teamwork. I am often able to finish top of the team with Independnece and Ryujo, though I would compliment any random player who finishes above me.

1 post
246 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

earlier, on destroyers, I too silly sought forward, but have ceased to do it because from team, very often, there is no fire support......

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Easy way to skip brutal(?) tier 5 MM. I mean, they don't even care when in random battle, you expect them to care in a PvE? Just collect 5 friends, go in together and easy 5 star, every single time. If you are going in solo, forget the result, get as many kills you can steal and just try to do most damage for most XP gain.