Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

Any more dev plans to bring up the immersion even more?

7 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

Hello Devs and fellow Captains,

Firstly I am just in love with the "Ultra sounds" update. WoWS has come to a point where I can consider it once of the most immersive games I have right alongside Skyrim+mods and Fallout 4+mods. Especially in the sound department. I know it's always a challenge to devs to make the player feel as they were part of the game like controller vibration, VR, AR, and sounds to name a few examples from other titles.

But for me, music and sound effects have always been in my sights and I'd like to thank WG for an outstanding effort especially with the "War Drums" feature. Gets my blood rushing in an exhilirating way.

With that said, are there plans to improve or add-on some more ambience?

- Like for example when we press the LMB we can also hear an "Open Fire!" in the background?

- or a call when the guns/torps are ready? or the sound of frantic running when there's a fire or flooding, or hearing the chaos and panic of the crew when one gets citadeled?

- or the call to Abandon ship to go along with the sinking animation? etc. etc. etc.

somewhere along those lines and I know I probably am asking for too much but I wonder if there is a plan like this in the works? It would really add to the immersion factor to the game since these ships were crewed by hundreds or thousands and all I can hear is the XO.

but regardless you have my thanks for a job well done on the sound department. I love it to death and somehow my neighbors hate me for it so early in the morning

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I'm still waiting for them to make the music a lot more interactive and seamless, to the same level of seamlessness as iMUSE in LucasArt's Monkey Island and Tie Fighter. So far they've been working their way toward it, first with the Dynamic music mode, and then introducing the new War Drums mode which is more seamless, but I felt the drums were a bit bland while the Dynamic mode on the other hand isn't seamless.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

News from the present...

The days when the Bosun shouted "open fire!" finished with the days of sail/steam.

What you really want to hear is the firing gong. And that's not a gong that someone strikes with a hammer, either. It's to warn crew members of impending blast waves.

And there will be no chaos or panic. Your sailors are disciplined warriors.They have been drilled for any contingency and efficiency is at it's max.

As for "Abandon Ship"- no-one shouts it, it's an alarm. Like a klaxon.

-sorry to be pedantic Kreigg, I just like well oiled ship. Pun intended.  

580 posts
1,587 battles
4 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

News from the present...

The days when the Bosun shouted "open fire!" finished with the days of sail/steam.

What you really want to hear is the firing gong. And that's not a gong that someone strikes with a hammer, either. It's to warn crew members of impending blast waves.

And there will be no chaos or panic. Your sailors are disciplined warriors.They have been drilled for any contingency and efficiency is at it's max.

As for "Abandon Ship"- no-one shouts it, it's an alarm. Like a klaxon.

-sorry to be pedantic Kreigg, I just like well oiled ship. Pun intended.  

Well that's a nice and accurate way of putting it... but you know what I mean so thanks for the corrections...

I just wish the ships we use in the game felt more alive and animated by putting in elements that would indicate that there would be a crew with you for the ride... I know WG can't very well animate people on deck because of Age Restriction issues so I'm guessing a workaround with the ambience and sound would be more fitting?

So a "firing gong" and and a "klaxon" wouldn't be a a bad idea (in fact I think that would make a lot more sense therefore a better idea)

Sorry about "chaos/panic" but what I mean is maybe hearing the crew rushing to their stations when their is a fire / flooding happening or any ambience related to those kinds of events...

I mean, it's what attracted me to maritime vessels in the first place... seeing all that crew animated in one flow no matter the situation just to keep a single entity in doing it's job either civilian or military...

268 posts
6,381 battles
12 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Your sailors are disciplined warriors.They have been drilled for any contingency and efficiency is at it's max.

My sailors aren't - thats why when they shoot their secondaries they hit anything apart from the ship I've targeted.

Same for primaries too, now that I think about it...

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
8 hours ago, _Sammich_ said:

My sailors aren't - thats why when they shoot their secondaries they hit anything apart from the ship I've targeted.

Same for primaries too, now that I think about it...

You're obviously not whipping them hard enough. 

159 posts
5,676 battles
11 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

You're obviously not whipping them hard enough. 

Glad I'm not on your ship, that sounds like old school Royal Navy

Sign in to follow this