You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

looks like CVs got buffed

13 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

why? cuz RNBB HE takes out a dozen AA mounts per salvo, I just had a match where I knocked out 19 AA mounts off a Texas on one salvo

(this is what the devs were talking about when they said that CV players will not be disappointed this year):Smile_popcorn:

419 posts

I've noticed that even though my 155mm Mogami is an HE flame thrower that knocks out a lot of modules (AA mounts Yamato campaign) it takes more hits on target to knock out the same modules as my Takeo does.  Higher caliber = more modules out per hit.  Not surprised you got 19 hit in one go.  

Also, one of the most frustrating things  when I play cv is when people don't HE the AA BBs or Cruisers for me so I can help out.  Thank you for that.  (Sooooo frustrating people yelling at me to drop on a Texas or Cleveland with my last few planes instead of tanking 1 or 2 salvos and giving out some HE for me to get through their AA.  Thanks for the support there.)  

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

RN BB HE has huge splash radius , a poor hit can still knock out a lot of accessories on your stylish ships.

Also , they are much better at penning and disabling secondary thanks to the crap 1/4th pen vs caliber rule.

Thank you WG for giving us a CRUISER platform with no problem of getting insta delete when broadside or kiting.

Yeah, thats what i hate about them , they can take a stupid amount of abuse and slowly whittle down your life. Their AP sucks somewhat , but it doesnt matter when you dont need to pen to kill something.

They are also too resistant to AP , especially when reverse angling , much more so than any other BB i have faced , forcing you to trade HE with him which you wont win.

Well . when i play CV , i avoid RN BB. Their medium AA is quite insane if someone doesnt blast them off 1st with some HE salvos.

Good year for CV ? Frankly no , RN BB if choose to semi spec into AA is a new menance in AA terror beside Monty. There are very few ship line at tier 10 that have weak AA right now , even then many can take AADF and force CV to come back later

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

So bottom tiered cv may now have a chance to get within range... that would be nice.

24 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

...Also, one of the most frustrating things  when I play cv is when people don't HE the AA BBs or Cruisers for me so I can help out.  Thank you for that.  (Sooooo frustrating people yelling at me to drop on a Texas or Cleveland with my last few planes instead of tanking 1 or 2 salvos and giving out some HE for me to get through their AA.  Thanks for the support there.)  

I got neg karma for not spotting an Atlanta. The fact (which I informed him of) that your squadron gets deleted before you even detect them didn't change his opinion that I should spot it for him, even though we knew where it was hiding. :Smile_facepalm:

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
Just now, keskparane said:

So bottom tiered cv may now have a chance to get within range... that would be nice.

I got neg karma for not spotting an Atlanta. The fact (which I informed him of) that your squadron gets deleted before you even detect them didn't change his opinion that I should spot it for him, even though we knew where it was hiding. :Smile_facepalm:

If i am not wrong , Atlanta has larger air detection than its AA bubble, so he most likely camping island which block LoS,

If given time and enemy FT dont show up , you can take a round about route to spot him.

But spotting an AA platform behind hard cover is not a smart move as your team cant effectively knock him out >>> waste of time , waste of oppertunity.

If your team dont move for flank attacks , never go for it and you did right thing , no problem. Most captains do not have better awareness than a CV player.

Bottom tier CV match is exactly what happen in a tier X IX match with a lot of AA platforms on both side, this is when CV spend their time intimidating and moving around not doing anything for 80% of the match. Those match are not fun and quite stressful

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

Atlanta (from wiki)

Air Detectability Range 6.42 km.

127 mm/38 Mk32 mod. 128 х 2 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second 120.8 
. . . Firing Range 5.01 km.

+ AA mod 2 & AFT = 7.014 km

+ BFT & MFCFAAA & NES = 277.84 dps

The way to know where it is is to guess from the point your squadron got deleted :Smile_amazed:

from experience I believe a couple of top the RNCL are the same.

Edited by keskparane

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
33 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Atlanta (from wiki)

Air Detectability Range 6.42 km.

127 mm/38 Mk32 mod. 128 х 2 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second 120.8 
. . . Firing Range 5.01 km.

+ AA mod 2 & AFT = 7.014 km

+ BFT & MFCFAAA & NES = 277.84 dps

The way to know where it is is to guess from the point your squadron got deleted :Smile_amazed:

from experience I believe a couple of top the RNCL are the same.

Thanks for the correction , havent dealt with Atlanta for a long time since i past tier 7. 

Tier 5-7 carrier torp bomber is too slow to attack an Atlanta effectively , speed is key , not endurance. I had deleted AA specced Atlanta in the past if he was caught out in the open without DFAA.

If you cant find something on the frontline to do or too risky to do , snipe ! , dont be afraid to keep pressuring your enemy cv into making a mistake so you can punch his teammates.

Force him to respond , dont get yourself reactives to his advance.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

The biggest problem is at the start of the match.

• If the Atlanta pushes to the cap you get deleted before you know it.
  • If you don't spot you get neg karma because ignorant people are often vengeful.

It's a lose lose situation for the cv.

But in this situation we all new where he was but the Texas wanted me to spot for him so he didn't have to peek around the corner. The enemy cv was already dead. Incidentally we lost because he chose to camp, surprise surprise. 

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
8 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Most captains do not have better awareness than a CV player

Most CV players don't have any awareness at all. Especially mid tiers. Those who have are super unicorn players.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,776 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Most CV players don't have any awareness at all. Especially mid tiers. Those who have are super unicorn players.

Saipan+LULanta+Belfast

Saipan+LULanta+Sims

Starter pack

Saipan+Flint+Belfast

ranked bettle pack

:cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles

Look at Kaga. It's basically an Anti-ship Warfare CV.

20170910164255_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

20170910164305_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

20170911020020_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

Some Noobs think I'm supposed to fight a " SAIPAN'S " Plane which my plane is downright inferior to a CV capable of killing fighters. They should research about Kaga's main potential.

My job for Kaga is supposed to be ASW , not a freaking AAW lol. Nowadays i get substantial NEG reports.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

If you guys are sad for losing with 5 kills, look up to this poor Orion guy who lost with 9 kills. This will make your day better

ZAFouFx.jpg

He must be mad at me, cause I was in a Tier 4 sealclubbing DD and ruined his show.

Edited by icy_phoenix