You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonnerSushi

Should I free exp to the Ryujo?

11 comments in this topic

183 posts
3,790 battles

So almost all threads I see nowadays is how weak zuiho is and I have just enough free xp to skip zuiho and also unlock the flight mod and FT upgrade of ryujo. Should I do it? I'm also considering using the free xp to skip QE later since I'm quite bored with BBs already and an HE spam KGV seems fun. Or should I just use it to fully upgrade benson once I unlocked her?

Note: I have absolutely no idea how to CV whatsoever. I just plan on practicing manual on coop and hope for the best.

Edited by DonnerSushi

183 posts
3,790 battles
1 minute ago, keskparane said:

Play each ship through. Learn how to get the best from it. Jumping ahead will just get you beat up by the players that did just that.

Hmm. Maybe I'll just for the "coming" CV rework then. Maybe I'll just use the free xp for DD modules.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I got my Zuiho and I do agree that against Bogues, the Zuiho is quite out(gunned?). The Bogue just has to point and click to easily get clear skies if you are not careful in the Zuiho.I would recommend playing at low tiers (Hosho, Langley) until you are completely familiar and comfortable with playing CVs. I'm still learning with the Hosho though I have already researched and purchased Zuiho, will probably free XP to the Ryujo once I've got enough practice with the Hosho.

Also what?

37 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

u should enjoy it in PVE before upcoming update shall forbid T5

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles

Although you cannot manual drop, I think you should play Hosho and Zuiho. Hosho is far better than Langley in terms of damage dealing, and in both Hosho and Zuiho, you can cross torp DDs. 201 Bogue is a problem, but if you can dodge it, then you are far more powerful in terms of offensive than a Bogue. These tiers are there so that you can practice picking up targets, getting used to approach angle and lead. Manual drop is not the only aspect of cv. Besides, the autodrop markers help you with manual drops as well.

326 posts
10,529 battles

Ryujo is quite fun when play in scenario / co-op. Good ship to train the manual drop on ur plane.

But in random, u need to be more careful, especially when u in tier 7 battle.

There are lots of ships with good AA. Target the ships with lack of AA (VMF cruiser) / slow phase BB's.

Also you can target the ships been badly hurt by fire (high chance their AA are pretty bad beaten).

There's a chance u met 2 cv in the game. Avoid engaging Saipan since......................well u know the rest.

Edited by ArchKongou

183 posts
3,790 battles
2 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

There's a chance u met 2 cv in the game. Avoid engaging Saipan since......................well u know the rest.

Reminds me of the time my friend locked his RJ FT to the enemy saipan FT thinking it was a floatplane. He was supposed to drop on the enemy DD but since he locked his fighter, the enemy saipan steamrolled his strike package. We teased him for quite some time for that one.

I think I'll just save the free xp.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
2 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

Reminds me of the time my friend locked his RJ FT to the enemy saipan FT thinking it was a floatplane. He was supposed to drop on the enemy DD but since he locked his fighter, the enemy saipan steamrolled his strike package. We teased him for quite some time for that one.

I think I'll just save the free xp.

No, never do this my friend, bloody never.

Cv is extremely demanding, build yourself up from easy to hard first.

The 2 protected cv tier is there for you to earn experience about positioning and target picking, as well as basic of moving planes.

If you cant make it work , ill put my bet that you will even be more miserable at 7 8 9 and especially 10.

7 and 10 are the hardest tier as 1 mistake will remove you from the game.

Do yourself a favor and build up from the basics first.

Ryujo is extremely powerful for its tier, however hiryu is the underdog of tier 7 in terms of ease of use. Ryujo is much more forgiving, but if you get used to that easiness, it will come back at you hard.

Cheers, good luck to see you the battlefield.

P/s: learn to force agression, not to force response even if you are not as good as the red guy.