You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Why are detonations still in the game?

35 comments in this topic

127 posts
6,502 battles

Seriously, why is this stupid mechanic still in the game? Why can one person get so lucky that he can potentially kill a whole ship simply because WG decided to reward the skill less gimmick on him.

Why is WG obsessed with non-skill gimmicks? It's so absurdly stupid. 

317 posts
6,852 battles

Because it's fun and engaging mechanics.

Also as of 6.1.1.1.1 you know you have to fire your guns in a random direction within the first 5 seconds of the match because there is a mechanic where the shells jam and detonate. So be immune to self detonation :)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Chances of your shells penetrating the hull is based on your gun & RNG.

Chances of your shells to land a hit on the ammo rack area is based on RNG.

Chances of getting your ammo rack to destroy/explode by enemy shell is based on RNG.

I don't see the point of removing. It doesn't look like a height of concern at all.

Meanwhile, saw my clanmate in his Akizuki detonated a 50% HP Mogami during my division. Some lol moment :Smile_hiding:

203 posts
11,788 battles

It needs to go.
You know you can do everything right. Positioning, Smokes, Aiming but then the enemy has a better Luck than you and roll Detonation on your ship. So much for "skills"

If you say detonation acts like "Headshots" in FPS game Just go check those FPS games if there's any roll of the dice to do with it.
We roll the dice for dispersion yes there's nothing we can do about that but this is no problem if your aim is "on point" 100% (but that's unlikely since we're human)
All kind of logics present here or somewhere else is not gonna do anything tho its staying because Majority players like it. 

Players like it because it adds some random satisfying moment to the game and you don't need to be great at the game to do it so it "equalize players skills".

PS: I don't recall you roll the dice for penetration but rather based on range between you and where you aim. Its not WoT
PS2: I also don't recall you could detonate the ship by destroying "magazine module" rather you have to roll the dice for it. (Its not WoT again)
PS3: There's like thousands of thread about this so yeah. Its harsh to accept it but this mechanic will stays because Players like it. (wether its realism or fun factor)

Edited by MikuChrome
"PS3"

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Because I enjoy reading your detonated misery, your detonated pain, and your detonated agony in this forum.

To me this is the "Fun and engaging" part. :Smile_trollface:

Mostly this make my day.

Edited by spixys

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,776 battles
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Name three top things that requires no player skill:

1. Detonation \m/

2. Setting fire with HE

3. Shooting down planes.

What's next?

why are blablabla are in the game

:cap_tea:

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,412 battles

Deto needs to go, it's juts stupid to have this in an arcade style game.

For any and all who post those stupid HELLOO from the Hood etc. etc. it's in the game for realism huh? LMAO I bounce of island, so trot your little realism argument back where the sun don't shine, it smells bad. 

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,412 battles

Oh and yes it's still in the game got more flags just before and yesterday so yep it's in the game. To answer the OP question :)

317 posts
6,852 battles

When you see a Yamato firing and the shells are heading into your Neptune broad side.

Edited by Kamanah

1,479 posts
5 minutes ago, Soloun said:

Deto needs to go, it's juts stupid to have this in an arcade style game.

For any and all who post those stupid HELLOO from the Hood etc. etc. it's in the game for realism huh? LMAO I bounce of island, so trot your little realism argument back where the sun don't shine, it smells bad. 

Well,

If you can't handle the detonations, & you think its stupid to have random luck (or unlucky) elements in the game & you want it removed, then what about the times you detonated an enemy from your own guns, did it make you feel bad for the other player & say " aww I'm sorry, its a game flaw that made me do it" ? 

Or did you say "hahahahaha one shot & boom, great stuff"?

If you think its rediculous having it in the game, then so is having signals to enhance speed, or gun range, or concealment.....or detonation! Better remove those too...

& also the camouflages, they shouldn't add any bonuses either...

Unless you are one of those who say its OK to detonate & enemy, but not OK if YOU get detonated....

:cap_yes:

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,753 battles
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Well,

If you can't handle the detonations, & you think its stupid to have random luck (or unlucky) elements in the game & you want it removed, then what about the times you detonated an enemy from your own guns, did it make you feel bad for the other player & say " aww I'm sorry, its a game flaw that made me do it" ? 

Or did you say "hahahahaha one shot & boom, great stuff"?

I always apologise when I detonate someone.  It feels crap for them, and was not based on any skill on my part, why wouldn't I apologise?

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

Yeah, sorry, but detonations are about the only thing realistic in this game since they got rid of the OCEAN map. People would complain about that map and say that WG was just being lazy. For pete sake it was the only realistic map in the game. Detonations occurred. They occurred a lot. And of note, the current change in AA levels that make attacks quite punishing are relatively realistic as well. (OK no ship could shoot down waves and waves of them like in this game.) Having said that, one should not be attacking the heaviest AA ships early in game anyway.

I personally would like to see something similar to the Operations but for PVE  or even randoms, where an actual narrow channel of where the ships on your teams can go is on the map, with no ability to leave that channel for BBs or cruisers. ie something that effectively turns the teams into battle lines. (under the command of an imaginary admiral).  Especially for low tiers (ie Jutland etc). Obviously this would be an entirely voluntary mode. For those who want more realism. That channel would wind its way over an empty ocean map, with realistic weather stopping engagement at certain random points. So that you could engage at a certain distance, loose sight of the enemy fleet, and then re-engage at a much closer distance. DDs would be allowed to free range.

1,386 posts
8,216 battles
24 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Yeah, sorry, but detonations are about the only thing realistic in this game since they got rid of the OCEAN map. People would complain about that map and say that WG was just being lazy. For pete sake it was the only realistic map in the game. Detonations occurred. They occurred a lot. And of note, the current change in AA levels that make attacks quite punishing are relatively realistic as well. (OK no ship could shoot down waves and waves of them like in this game.) Having said that, one should not be attacking the heaviest AA ships early in game anyway.

I personally would like to see something similar to the Operations but for PVE  or even randoms, where an actual narrow channel of where the ships on your teams can go is on the map, with no ability to leave that channel for BBs or cruisers. ie something that effectively turns the teams into battle lines. (under the command of an imaginary admiral).  Especially for low tiers (ie Jutland etc). Obviously this would be an entirely voluntary mode. For those who want more realism. That channel would wind its way over an empty ocean map, with realistic weather stopping engagement at certain random points. So that you could engage at a certain distance, loose sight of the enemy fleet, and then re-engage at a much closer distance. DDs would be allowed to free range.

Ocean is not removed. The map is still there, but now it is for T10 games only, and had RNG nerfed to the extent that it's almost as rare as getting a super container.

And Okinawa is based on realistic terrain. That map has a normal RNG and is for IIRC T9 and T10. Fun map to play with, impressive graphics and lighting.

I hope more scenarios based on real naval battles can be released, and we can take T8 ships into it. T8 has long been a preferred tier, and many ships are late treaty era, backbones of early WWII. Wargaming is trying to make this game tournament-able, but I hope they won't disappoint people who want realistic naval battles.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

to those whining haters, even one detonation out of 5 million games is once too many.

But then again, I love to keep it in game, just to see how many tears and salt in the forum, some of my happiness were built on you haters' misery