You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
De2n8or

High Tier Players in Low Tier Battles

21 comments in this topic

[4NON4]
3 posts
3,707 battles

Please let me know if I'm wrong but the quality of recent opposition play both individually and as a team in my mid-tier battles makes me think of the following possible explanations:

1. I suck at WOWS and just happen to regularly get teammates who also suck.

2. High tier players are playing mid tier ships in un-announced teams, and they all get on the same team by doing a countdown to hit Battle together.

3. Mid tiers are infested by high tier players at the moment who are working their way through the new British BBs.

I don't know the answer, but it really is a bit dispiriting to be faced with highly coordinated opposition with devastating positional, firing and avoidance skills.

Anyone enlighten me?

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Can't say about 1 or 2,but 3 would be a definite at this time.

Also if you don't have Premium time,or are an average player then you need to play lower tiers to fund the loss in credits when playing high tiers.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

1. We all met similar players and teams everyday, sometimes good, sometimes bad, it's just life, so if you ended up win less for the day/week/month, then it is your problem most of the time.

2. similar to 1, perhaps your memory cells are dead when you met good players on your team.

3. Well the RN BB went live last week and they need time to see how it perform in a live server situation.

Conclusion: you think too much onto things that you can't explain.

Edited by spixys

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Its wise for you to learn more to get better at the game. We have a lot of mechanics to learn. Heck im still learning. 

Know your enemy well, learn the ship. The bad side and good. 

I recommend u to go to Ichasegaming youtube cause he did some good Tutorials. Captain academy (his series)

Edited by Safiuddin97

248 posts

yeh it's a seal fest.

i'm taking it one step further and grinding the credits in jap bb's

so i'm playing with a 19 point captain and a ship with 5 million xp

playing against stock fire throwers who can't steer... there are some very bad bb's out there 

so be thankful we're out there carrying some teams. WG has setup a similar situation

that mech warrior online faces. having a game with a decent learning curve

but still leaving it fun for newbies. they will find it difficult. mechwarrior never solved it.

Edited by fuzzjunky

[4NON4]
3 posts
3,707 battles

Thanks for your comments, all taken as constructive. I guess the British BB supertesters will tier back up eventually, and that Teamspeak and other cooperative play methods are inevitable. Maybe it is selective memory and a run of bad luck or poor play on my part :)

So I will keep practicing to get more fiendishly cunning in my BB! Eventually I will get wise to invisible DDs and unavoidable torps that appear from nowhere at right angles to each other. It's only a game, thank goodness, or my crew might mutiny

580 posts
1,587 battles

Just let it blow over...

These things happen from time to time (like new content/new ships/events etc. remember Project R? or The ARS NOVA event?? oh boi those were terrible times)...

Give it a few weeks and things will get back to normal... For now enjoy the game and learn as much as you can...

Super Tester
802 posts
1 hour ago, De2n8or said:

1. I suck at WOWS and just happen to regularly get teammates who also suck.

Likely.

2. High tier players are playing mid tier ships in un-announced teams, and they all get on the same team by doing a countdown to hit Battle together.

Borderline paranoia.

3. Mid tiers are infested by high tier players at the moment who are working their way through the new British BBs.

Very likely. Also keep in mind that a good proportion of the player base are having issues with international connections to the server so you and others will have higher latency than normal.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
7,993 battles
2 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Also if you don't have Premium time,or are an average player then you need to play lower tiers to fund the loss in credits when playing high tiers.

That's me! No premium account and a noob!!

Queues up with Clemson (with a 19 pt captain)

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Swings and roundabouts. I've just come out of the worst period of odds I can remember. Had about 5-6 days on teams that seemed to want to lose. What's worse is that it's contagious and I started to slip up myself making it even worse. Give it time and the numbers should paint a fairly accurate picture of your contribution.

If you actually look at who is in each team you will see that there is very often a mixture of experienced and inexperienced players. It's just down to luck if your experienced players are experienced at losing or experienced at winning.

Edited by keskparane

460 posts
8,337 battles

Experienced player will continue to play low tiers for a number of reasons:

They might like the ship

They might need credits

They might want a fun break from higher tiers. The meta at lower tiers is often more fun, and if you have a bad run it can be a good way to break the bad streak.

Running into experienced players at random isn't a big problem, as there is a limit to how much someone can carry and you'll have some on your team. It's when you run into fishing divisions that the odds are really stacked against you, and I don't think that happens so much in lower tiers as there is less XP to earn there for them.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 6:20 PM, icy_phoenix said:

That's me! No premium account and a noob!!

Queues up with Clemson (with a 19 pt captain)

Me to,and add in I mainly play PvE ( I am in PvP now just to get the Oleg faster!) its even harder!

Especially when you are trying to spec up your Bismarck Captain and keep needing time to take off to build credits at lower tiers.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
7,993 battles
25 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Me to,and add in I mainly play PvE ( I am in PvP now just to get the Oleg faster!) its even harder!

Especially when you are trying to spec up your Bismarck Captain and keep needing time to take off to build credits at lower tiers.

IKR, that feeling... I am always low on credits these days. But I have 141 ships!!! Must hoard them harder!!!

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I gained a heap of credits the other day,didn't realise I had not sold a lot of the ship hull/upgrades through the inventory screen ( I had done it on my NA account,obviously hadn't here).They will be handy once I get my next ship,which will probably be the Roon.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

What about noobs like me- I've played this game since before it came out, but my highest ship tier is 7?

I have played tier10 ships on other servers (PT,ST), but I like where I'm at now.

I think my average battle is tier5. There are only certain ships i like to play, why change and make my life difficult??

I don't know if this makes me a sealclubber or just a no-hope loser... a no-hope losing sealcubber???

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
42 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

What about noobs like me- I've played this game since before it came out, but my highest ship tier is 7?

I have played tier10 ships on other servers (PT,ST), but I like where I'm at now.

I think my average battle is tier5. There are only certain ships i like to play, why change and make my life difficult??

I don't know if this makes me a sealclubber or just a no-hope loser... a no-hope losing sealcubber???

wasn't that called "enjoying myself whatever I want?"

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, fuzzjunky said:

yeh it's a seal fest.

i'm taking it one step further and grinding the credits in japanese bb's

so i'm playing with a 19 point captain and a ship with 5 million xp

playing against stock fire throwers who can't steer... there are some very bad bb's out there 

so be thankful we're out there carrying some teams. WG has setup a similar situation

that mech warrior online faces. having a game with a decent learning curve

but still leaving it fun for newbies. they will find it difficult. mechwarrior never solved it.

Just a heads up, the shorted version is considered an insult on these forums.

Alot of words that you wouldnt think would get you a warning, get you a warning.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
7,993 battles

Like someone already said, low tiers aren't fun for fishing divs. They end the game so fast, no one earns anything. But it's a very cheap way to earn back winrate.

Before the amount of clubbing Bogues were mind boggling. After removing the manual drop, they left tier 5, because there are no strafe.

Sometimes I play low tiers cause I still have 5/6 low tier grinding left, and it's easy life!