You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TakingAim

WOW sick of you not promotting team play instead you reward kill steals

37 comments in this topic

[_BST_]
9 posts
5,944 battles

WOW you do nothing to promote team play and so we have so many BB's and CV's holding back until the rest of the team is dead or that DD's and CV's  move forward and fight with no BB help coz they won't take hits or come in when the enemy is just about dead and steal your Kill, Also a lot of BB and CV players telling DD's to take the Caps yet these people and I say people lightly sit at the back of the map bitching at DD players to take Caps on their own, when we are the spotters for them I'd like them to try and get the kills or caps with no support from the DD's. Don't get me wrong their are some great players out there that give support but it is becoming less and less with the support that the game use to have, and more and more about the steal kill. Shouldn't WOW look at giving the DD's a few points from the hits that the other ships get from the spotting it, or something for what it is doing for the fleet or some kind of reward for spotting or for the other ships that are support the DD that is taking the Cap. To go into a Cap and try to take it and see that the other side DD's has BB's and CV's and you look behind you and see nothing and their trying to run to the next map coz they took one hit sucks or they hold their fire to steal the kill.

I not sure what you can do but at this rate I believe the team based game that it use to be will be gone soon which is a real shame coz its so much fun knowing you have guys backing you up instead of all the other games where their just out for themselves.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

1. One goes feed

2. "Yo I'm doing teamplay stuff!"

3. Looks at his teammates

4. "What the (censored to avoid forum ban) are these (censored to avoid forum ban) *insult word toward BB player* doing! He isn't in the cap!"

5. Teammates carried him

6. Decides to go to forum and rant about how WG is not promoting teamplay

A little reminder, even though WG gave you the option to close your stats, 3rd party websites take snapshots everyday based on request, a request is made when one checked a player's stats for the first time, and someone did request this, and I was able to look at your stats as far as 28th Jan 2017.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
On 9/7/2017 at 11:03 AM, LordTyphoon said:

Would a shrinking map border actually help? 

He would rant WG is killing him then

One word, he is the kind of guy you would meet in your team whenever WG decides your WR need balance (pronounce: nerf)

[Content Removed]

Naming And Shaming , Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

1,126 posts

sometimes, I kinda understand that to make system understand 'team play' and rewarding it is easier said than done.

the ONLY WAY to make full reward team play is to have a real life person sitting, watching the whole match and let him judge which is ... impossible.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
1 minute ago, PGM991 said:

sometimes, I kinda understand that to make system understand 'team play' and rewarding it is easier said than done.

the ONLY WAY to make full reward team play is to have a real life person sitting, watching the whole match and let him judge which is ... impossible.

And then They will have round 2 onwards AF their K

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
3 hours ago, TakingAim said:

Don't get me wrong their are some great players out there that give support but it is becoming less and less with the support that the game use to have, and more and more about the steal kill.

The only way get rewarded for 'kill steals' is if you can manage to get a kraken,double strike or need them for a mission.

Otherwise you get more from the damage you do to the target than just killing it with a few HP left.And since last years economy change damage dealt isn't as important now as they reduced what you get from that.You need to be doing other things like getting potential damage,spotting and defending/taking caps to get a decent score.

If you look at campers/kill stealers in the post screen game you will often see they don't get a very high score.

Super Tester
7,566 posts
8,001 battles

Not that uncommon to get more exp than others with a lot more kills. This happened last night, got more exp than the top tier BB who got 4 kills and supposedly tanked a lot too.

XoBlslM.jpg

IIRC, reward for spotting and tanking has been reduced.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
5 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Not that uncommon to get more exp than others with a lot more kills. This happened last night, got more exp than the top tier BB who got 4 kills and supposedly tanked a lot too.

XoBlslM.jpg

Sealclubbing spotted!

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

XoBlslM.jpg

Need to keep this screen for when players complain about Konigsberg being UP!

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Well like the others said kill stealing is not particularly rewarded a lot. Remember kill stealing is part of teamplay. It is better when your friendly actually kill steals instead of admiring his own ship and keeping it far away from the battle. Also, if you carry hard perform your duty in battle you are rewarded with a win or top exp.

Edited by karrablaster123

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
44 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

Well like the others said kill stealing is not particularly rewarded a lot. Remember kill stealing is part of teamplay. It is better when your friendly actually kill steals instead of admiring his own ship and keeping it far away from the battle. Also, if you carry hard perform your duty in battle you are rewarded with a win or top exp.

It's not called kill stealing, it's kill securing:etc_red_button:

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Go do more damage! 20k at tier 7 in any ship is quite frankly, how do I put this nicely, terrible? Often times I can manage top 3 in the team even without a single kill or cap. Doing enough damage and assisting the team (be it defending caps or spotting) also reward you!

Spoiler

And also

It's only gaem, why you heff to be mad?

Edited by pwnies5600

Super Tester
7,566 posts
8,001 battles

You can get all the kills in the world, but if you don't do the right thing, you won't win. This Orion dude, let me (DD) get all the caps while he was running after low HP targets for kills. Yeah he did 9 kills, but he lost. (Now that I think of it, he actually got more exp than me, well I got 1304 but that is with 1.5x win bonus. So yah, KS is kinda rewarded).

ZAFouFx.jpg

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 0:46 AM, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

It's not called kill stealing, it's kill securing:etc_red_button:

Yep,the quicker a target is dead the better!

And as most of the player base doesn't seem to know when to use HE and when to use AP,if you wait for the HE spammer to finish a ship off it will take ages.Nothing more frustrating than watching people throwing HE at each other when they could have had the job done way faster with AP.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

We are actually kinda bashing him a little too hard. Sure his stats indicates that he is a camper, but still WG have done things to promote KS, not sure about recently. Remember all the "Kill (Insert Number) (Insert class)" missions? Add a short time limit to that and you see insane KS. I've seen a 5k HP target spotted for 3 full mins and not fired upon by any of the CA/CL because it wasn't a 1 salvo kill. Recently, I don't recall any of those, but the long term missions still seem to have some of those in it.