Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kamanah

Kiev V's Tashkent

7 comments in this topic

317 posts
6,856 battles

Currently i'm working thu the Kiev and having a good time playing with it. Obviously the concealment is lousy which makes direct capping hard, and can lead to conflict in-game chat for it... anyway.

Was looking at the Tashkent and it seems to me to be either a side step or a slight down grade to the Kiev on a few levels. I was wondering what does the Tashkent have/offer that the Kiev doesn't to justify giving it a T9 spot? Other than +400m base firing range, and a little more HP doesn't seem to be much. 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Tashkent has 15.4 km range with flat arc. Find me another like that.

Edit: Also 3 launcher for torps. She can stealth torp. Best concealment 7.4km. With AR and BFT, reload can be brought down to 3s region.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Okay, there are a few other things. Gaining access to the Tier IX module slot means you can increase your gun rate-of-fire. The biggest improvement is the health pool combined with Repair Party - she can potentially withstand almost 39,000 points of damage before going under (only with the appropriate captain skills, of course). Considering the nature of her gunboat gameplay, this more than offsets her worse detection range, agility and sheer size compared to Kiev.

Sign in to follow this