You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TakemoriKohoto

Colorado nerf ???

50 comments in this topic

70 posts
1,752 battles

So 41 battles in Colorado great do massive damage average is 36 K highest is 110 K upgrade to hull B average 23 maximum 43 K ???

also the myth that if you angle right the will be no worry there is nothing can pen colorado great news jump straight into battle get pen by Fuso at 21.1 KM 

-Check post 2015 ok check stats around that time maximum dispersion 211 m now 278 m ok that is not alot right. damn wrong is cant hit anything (at least it can pen right?)

-Check other post so 15 km is best at pen great jump in to battle again over-pen over-pen except for board side cruiser (which will never happen) 

-Watch video on youtube about how to play colorado they all said is a beast at close range did everything exactly they said. Full hp vs scharnhorst in game (scharnhorst is 70 % and burning ) angle right aim SHOOT boom im dead great what happen scharnhorst pen yah 

-complete mental breakdown 

so advise to who play this crippled ship or as other said "great wall of money paying" no hull B will still not going to help you even with those hidden stat just dont upgrade the FCS the dispersion is even crippled more than before speed just upgrade it is going to help you have a less of a hard time when trying to runaway from cruiser who were burning you (I play both nagato and colorado so dont said i only play one ship and nagato is bad too ) 

advise 2 everyone told you that 10 km is best to shoot cruiser dont believe them i did try it out and get sink even faster than the whole like those dd (even with team that have dd smoke me to cover me all the time). 

the last thing here is YOU DEAD FROM BURN MORE THAN TORP 

crying now 

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Sigma meaning

So, what is sigma? Sigma is a mixing value, related to how much of the distribution of shells is controlled by a normal versus a uniform distribution. It can easily be related to the idea of a standard deviation: essentially, 1 sigma is 1 standard deviation, but for a 2D distribution. If any shell is going to exceed this sigma value, then it is pushed back into the cutoff region, but distributed by a uniform distribution. So, basically, the higher the sigma, the more the distribution behaves like a normal. The lower the sigma, the more it behaves like a uniform distribution.

Let's only think in 1D (just like only thinking about horizontal dispersion). Let's also say your 'maximum horizontal dispersion' is 1. 1 what? Just 1. That way you can scale this idea out to any distance you want.

1. Figure 1: When you click the fire button, the servers sample a 2D Gaussian distribution to find where each shell will land. In 1 dimension, that looks a bit like the black line in the figure. However, there are cutoffs defined by the 'max horizontal dispersion' (red lines at -1 and 1). The red histogram bars outside of the cutoff lines represent the probability that shells would otherwise land outside the cutoff.

2. Figure 2: For any shells which lay outside of the cutoff, they are recycled to form a uniform distribution (red bars) which is put back inside the cutoff region. In essence, sigma defines how 'tall' the uniform distribution is, and also how narrow the normal distribution is.

3. Figure 3: The combined behavior of the uniform distribution and the normal distribution define the behavior of the resulting distribution.

So, what happens when we keep the cutoff value (maximum horizontal dispersion) constant, and change the sigma? You get this colorful figure. We can make the following notes:

• Smaller sigma results in a fatter distribution, with relatively more shells landing toward the edges and relatively fewer shells landing toward the middle.
  • Larger sigma results in a much narrower distribution, still appearing nearly normal and well peaked.
  • For sigma = 1.5, there is a 61% probability that a shell will land in the middle half (between -0.5 and 0.5). For sigma = 2.1, this jumps up to 72% probability, meaning that ~10% more shells will land in the middle half from Yamato compared to Fuso.
  • u/iChaseGaming's video went and talked about "% of shells landing near edge". I can't really talk to that point because I don't know what they considered "near edge". However, my results basically corroborate his: sigma is not the most important or noticeable parameter. It has at most a 10% effect on shell "grouping", while vertical and horizontal dispersion and much more noticeable and impactful.

TL;DR sigma is a mixing parameter which controls how much gun dispersion behaves like a normal vs. a uniform distribution. Having high sigma is nice, but not as impactful as most people think.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

We have grinded out colorado when it had the hull B. Colorado is a fantastic T7 BB, but it is also hardest one to play. Your damage is no where near "massive" by any means. And upgrading hulls has nothing to do with increasing your average damage. You need to aim better. Colorado has good sigma as well. Only problem is the survival rate. Only 50100 HP at T7 is not fun, specially for slow ships and all the HE spammers around.

70 posts
1,752 battles

sigma mean nothing they were "already balance" more shell hit probability reduce less shell hit probability higher but the case here is that this ship is just so bad that i play like a zombie i dont care what my team said i dont care tactic jump straight into the front line and die is just even better than supporting team and get more experience i did scan through the internet and found something amazing the dispersion of the trolorado is around 211 m and everyone said buff it now 278 and no one said a thing why cause WG and secretly change it so no one notice it lol 

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles
15 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

also how do you guy do when you were in the trolorado era 

I am not a good player but take a look| you must find the way to play her or skip her by free EXP

21427525_1488346061249406_75003092611661

183 posts
3,790 battles

She's fine. Though I prefer the Nagato TBH, I'd rather be less tanky rather than be slow. Finished grinding her in 45 games, 63668 ave damage. 56% win rate. The trick to is choose a flank and plan your route to make sure you don't get r***d by light cruisers. She has damn good guns, just aim properly and red cruiser is bye-bye.

460 posts
8,358 battles

Colorado is an often misunderstood BB. She has nice armour, but she can be punished badly if you do not angle her. You experienced plunging fire from the fuso which you can avoid by being closer. You wan't to bait people to try and shoot her angled belt armour, but be aware that her bow can be over-matched by most ships she faces (also true for most other T7 BBs).

Her guns are some of the most powerful at T7, which has both up and downsides. Shooting at cruisers you can be more prone to over penetrate, but are also more capable of smashing the heavier protected cruisers. Against BBs it's a matter of aiming to land the shell in the right spot which will depend on the target. If a BB is angled you can do good damage to the super structure, but all T6 and most T7 BBs can have their bows over matched by the Colorado's guns, so that's also not a bad option. Be aware the German BBs are hard to damage at the belt armour so aim higher to get more reliable penetration damage.

The biggest down side of the Colorado is she's slow, you have to find the perfect balance between getting close enough, but not too close. She does turn on a dime, so you can use that to evade incoming fire to a degree but don't rely on it. If you position yourself badly you will be breakfast for the enemy.

324 posts
4,679 battles

I'm looking forward to Colorado, 20k xp left to go on N.Mex.

Now, I know already before playing her that this ship needs to stay in cover while getting in close, you can't go up against same or higher tier IJN BB in open ocean and expect to come out the better for it. This is a brawling boat. And its very slow. So the trick is getting into position without calling attention to yourself first

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
4 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

you can't go up against same or higher tier IJN BB in open ocean and expect to come out the better for it

I fear the T8-T9 USN BB more since they can lob their lazy arcing shells and penetrate you silly through the entirety of your deck space. IJN's shell damage can be mitigated somewhat using your belt thanks to their flatter arcs.

324 posts
4,679 battles

Being on the receiving end of a lucky Colorado shell is no joke I agree, but from the gunner's perspective IJN are more likely to put a shell on target at range than Colo.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

T7 USN from CA to DD to BB, all of them are big hard lessons

Pensacola = hmm how to be citi?

Mahan= OMG always be shot/spotted

Colorado= a lot of complains

recommend go Youtube>> find Mighty Jingle; Flamu; iChase; Aeroon; Noster channel and learn from them

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

colorado doesn't need skills in terms of "how to handle the ship" so much as "map awareness" she's a wonderful ship and IMHO the overall best in terms of being a gun platform and being cover-fire for CA/DDs

shot-17_09.06_21_55.58-0192.thumb.jpg.b67e427c6641cd631e3c51a1640f62a3.jpg

^
me after grinding through the colorado, starting from stock

[BOTES]
7 posts
6,443 battles

60% win rate colorado in 50 games, 78k average damage

way better than my schanhorst or Nagato

Not BB main either.

Choose flank where more enemy BB, less CA and commit to it

This ship vulnerable to HE spam

Edited by tembikai

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I didn't do so well in my Colorado because I was still a potato back then but still it's not a bad ship. Decent AA and hard hitting guns, it really isn't a bad ship. Just aim better

70 posts
1,752 battles

well i prefer battle proven but well is a nice idea also I found that FCS make the colorado more inaccurate than before also how to kill dd i did use HE but they just well did 1650 to overpen ?

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
9 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

well i prefer battle proven but well is a nice idea also I found that FCS make the colorado more inaccurate than before also how to kill dd i did use HE but they just well did 1650 to overpen ?

Overpen damage is 1/10th of max damage. So use AP. "Hurr durr shoot HE at DDs" -- one of the myths of WoWS (sponsored by TheMightyJingles). It is perfectly normal to get overpens on DDs. If you don't know why, you can search for penetration vs armor mechanics of WoWS. Even with overpens, if you hit a lot of shells, they chunk DDs into nice dices. I remember getting devastating strikes on DDs. Wait till DD is angled and sailing away / towards you, not when broadside. Hit with all you got. When DDs are perpendicular like that, you will get normal penetration which is 1/3rd of max damage.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles
22 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

The problem you seem to think you have of the Colorado being more inaccurate is incorrect. You see the problem most players have is that they have come from the New mex which has 12 guns where even if you are a poor shot some of those shells will hit the target, now you have the Colorado which has 8 guns which is 50% less which is bad enough but also on top of that the sigma has changed from 1.5 shotgun to 2.0 sniper so now at this point your poor shooting accuracy is coming home to roost.

So your current position is that the ship is too accurate for you to do consistent damage, It's massively slow in comparison to all other ships at the tiers it faces which means you need to be able to read the flow of battle better than you seem to be currently doing. Sadly there are no easy solutions other than more playtime to rectify your problems with this ship, personally I was a potato when i ground through it & it wasn't until I brought it back with a better understanding of the game that I could perform well in it :fish_book: