You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Can WG detect auto aim cheat ?

14 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Well , last week , i was in my kutuzov and heres the experience :

I got to 12km , under fire , pop smoke and reverse. Well , most people will stop shooting after i go invisible or they guess fire , but not the 2 mogami+chapayev that trails me.

These 2 guys wander around , spitting fire extremely accurately even while i was reverse turning , not in sight  ( go invi behind island) , guess what , they continue shooting based on my reverse vector 20s after i gone invisible lol.

I was supicious , so i go up again , got seen pop another smoke and reverse sideway , to my suprise , their gunfire follow me even after i go invi for like 20-30s on the place that i should be if i follow the reverse last seen before smoke break LoS.

OMG , i didnt turn on replay so i can have proof to send those 2 to jails.

Heck , it leave a nasty backlash on me. I was frustrated , down right want to punched the 2 morons.

So what i want to know is , can WG detect and block these kinds of cheating mods ? It had ruined my fun times last week and i dont want to face another instance like that.:Smile_sad:

P/s : It was not radar or hydro detect , i make sure so before i observe this behaviour

Edited by legionary2099

783 posts
4,808 battles

You really do have to turn on replays. It doesn't eat much space anyway.

As for such cheats, the only cheat if ever would be autoaim but it needs server data of the target ship location/bearing/speed, whatnot. If you were in smoke and undetected for that long a time, the more conventional autoaim stuff being rumored shouldn't work that way.

I suspect it's either you didn't notice the radar icon, or it got bugged due to some occurrence during the match, especially with a Chapayev among the cruisers shooting you. It's at least imo the more plausible thing to happen.
It's good if the PT counter was working to know if they locked on to you. Coz if they weren't the shots would be more spread than they should and that should give a better idea if it were good blind smoke firing, or some detection thing, or some aim thing at work.

As for how WG identifies such cheats or actions against it, I personally am not in the know to comment.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

@legionary2099 Watch from 7:10

CatOnBoard brutally destroyes a kutuzov in smoke while Kutuzov was moving back and forth and totally invisible. This is especially easy for fast firing guns and if you smoke near a land mass. I devastated kutuzovs and other RN CLs lot of times already without seeing. If you leave them your position with a reference point, it is not hard to guess the shots.

So yah, so much for cheat. 

Edited by icy_phoenix

459 posts
8,260 battles

Yeah it's possible to blind fire and kill ships in smoke, especially if the target doesn't move so much or fires their guns. Usually blind fire isn't consistently accurate, but I spose they may have just practiced it.

As for if WG can detect and block cheats. In the short term yes, as they can fix each one when each patch comes out. In the long term no, as hackers will find a way even if they take crazy security measures. I'm sure there are some players using the hax for aim assist and avoiding shells, but I'd expect each hack to be broken when patches come out.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

You can't block or detect a hack as such.

You can't block it because at the end of the day the game client has to apply the data which means that the data has to exist somewhere on your machine. Hacking is about finding that location and reading the data.

You can't detect a hack because ultimately the player has control of their computer and can create whatever environment they want for the game to run in.

However you can analyze the accuracy of the player. Anyone outside of standard deviation could be investigated. These things stand out because people normally just aren't that good. Looking at patterns in their play could indicate hacking.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

As for firing into smoke. I have a lot of trouble getting the first hit on a target in smoke. However once you have the first hit it is exponentially easier to hit them again.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Yeah i dont stop in smoke , in both case, i move into direction , and they somehow ( both) return fire accurately to where i was likely to be in the smoke. I stop firing then , and suddenly see HE zip across where i SHOULD BE if i was to keep moving. You cant be that accurate if you blindfire , can happen 1 or 2 salvos , but when they throw 5+ salvos like that , i dont know what to think.

And about that chapayev : no i make sure no radar spot me when i observe this , and he was kind noobish showing broadside all the time , only change speed , not direction most of the time. Nailed citadels , he move away while keep pounding accurately at me :P

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
32 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Yeah i dont stop in smoke , in both case, i move into direction , and they somehow ( both) return fire accurately to where i was likely to be in the smoke. I stop firing then , and suddenly see HE zip across where i SHOULD BE if i was to keep moving. You cant be that accurate if you blindfire , can happen 1 or 2 salvos , but when they throw 5+ salvos like that , i dont know what to think.

And about that chapayev : no i make sure no radar spot me when i observe this , and he was kind noobish showing broadside all the time , only change speed , not direction most of the time. Nailed citadels , he move away while keep pounding accurately at me :P

Here is how it works, I see the shell hit points, comparing two consecutive salvos, I can guess the direction. Kutuzov is long, cannot turn in smoke, and not much room to move anyway. Its even easier if two ships were firing at you, one can see the contact marks of others and shoot there. Kutuzov is also very very slow when you try to do back and forth movement. If you are in doubt, give the replay to support, they might analyze it for you. But I'm pretty sure those two players are either lucky or very skilled. Care to share the replay file here?

Edited by icy_phoenix

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,232 battles
15 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Kutuzov is a very large target. It is generally not considered the hardest target to pinpoint in smoke. And even if you stop firing it doesn't prevent the enemy from trying to guess. And if you are wondering how crazy people can do their guess, go to wows Reddit now, there is a post called OMC hax which involves a BB blind kill a DD through sheer prediction.

The only hacks that is available to the mass(by Googling), for a price, are lead assists and shell land highlighters for shell dodging which is useless, nothing about permanent radars and such as they are server side only data. You got to stop believing there is some magic hacks that can hack a server side LoS, no, that is not possible, and you will not improve your skills if you keep on believing in one. You got outplayed by them or you are just unlucky they managed to pinpoint your course blind, plain and simple. It does not matter if he show broadside to you or not, maybe he is actually angling against another battleship too, and change speed is an effective way to juke leads.

1,386 posts
8,221 battles

When a shell hits an undetected objective, for example a smoke spammer, a little explosion is rendered. (IDK about lower GFX settings, I'm at all highest setting, unmodded client)

some unicums are able to trace that explosion render and follow up with more shells to effectively blind shoot smoke spammer. I tried in fighting a smoke sitting Z52 at 8km, worked for me

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

When a shell hits an undetected objective, for example a smoke spammer, a little explosion is rendered. (IDK about lower GFX settings, I'm at all highest setting, unmodded client)

some unicums are able to trace that explosion render and follow up with more shells to effectively blind shoot smoke spammer. I tried in fighting a smoke sitting Z52 at 8km, worked for me

Exactly this is what I was referring to above. I mostly play with ships with smoke, aka US DD and CLs (Kutuzov and UK CLs). I have died many time's in smoke and I could explain for all the instances on how those happened. I don't think there is a hack to see you in smoke, There are mods to see your direction and leading and angle and stuffs, but the hacks collect data from what is shown in game. I don't think you can see ships in smoke, cause then the hack would go viral given so many smoke spammers in game right now.

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles

I'm not sure if its hack or not, but usually whoever does that gets insta-banned for doing so.

So perhaps those two knows where to attack or if they know where you stay at , it could be haxs.