Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

wargaming recruiting community contributes i wonder why

18 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

if this was a year ago i would have jumped on this band wagon but with all the crap thats happend with ichase and sir foch i would hold on to your application people till wargaming figure out there system better instead of going for the nuke option right off the bat like north Korea:etc_red_button:

and seriously the way things go if you do one thing wrong the same thing might happen again but if you still wanna do youtube for war gaming im not stopping you:Smile_popcorn:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
19 minutes ago, THUNDERCOMMANDER4 said:

if this was a year ago i would have jumped on this band wagon but with all the crap thats happend with ichase and sir foch i would hold on to your application people till wargaming figure out there system better instead of going for the nuke option right off the bat like north Korea:etc_red_button:

and seriously the way things go if you do one thing wrong the same thing might happen again but if you still wanna do youtube for war gaming im not stopping you:Smile_popcorn:

*nukes guam*:etc_red_button:

Edited by drakon233

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

They are fine as long as they don't threat other people to lose their job, or like making fun of other people's family (that's someone else?), they will be fine.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Spixys is correct..

16 hours ago, LiquidSnake said:

Here are some guidelines to who we need as Community Contributors of all sorts;

• Players content and attitude must comply with our Terms of Service, End-User Legal Agreement, Official Game Rules.

Break them and suffer the consequences...

Life is full of rules, and you will *obey, obey, OBEYY! 

*Dalek voice

1,011 posts
7,471 battles

Have read a post on Jingles FB page and a few articles.

Jingles said he asked WG for a response and his future as a community contributor would depend on WG's reply.

I'm a bit confused now, Jingles FB post is from May. I believe he said in one of his recent videos that he will stop being a community contributor. Does this mean there is still the possibility that WG goes after community contributors via copyright law?

260 posts
4,654 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Have read a post on Jingles FB page and a few articles.

Jingles said he asked WG for a response and his future as a community contributor would depend on WG's reply.

I'm a bit confused now, Jingles FB post is from May. I believe he said in one of his recent videos that he will stop being a community contributor. Does this mean there is still the possibility that WG goes after community contributors via copyright law?

If I am not wrong, Jingles quit because only the EU side can promise his safety, i.e. RU, NA etc can still threaten him. That is why he quitted since he will still be liable for his actions and he do not want to be bound by those possible threats.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles
27 minutes ago, GRADAN31 said:

If I am not wrong, Jingles quit because only the EU side can promise his safety, i.e. RU, NA etc can still threaten him. That is why he quitted since he will still be liable for his actions and he do not want to be bound by those possible threats.

yeah which is why im not putting my hand up for that nuke to be dropped on me 

218 posts
11,547 battles
40 minutes ago, GRADAN31 said:

Technically the dishonest execution pissed people more than those threats and jingles's main viewers are from US. Copyright strikes are serious business especially when u din't infringe any

162 posts
3,316 battles

If WG hadn't screwed up with the situation regarding Chase then more would join. As it is I don't give em much hope of getting people on the program

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
32 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

If WG hadn't screwed up with the situation regarding Chase then more would join. As it is I don't give em much hope of getting people on the program

Lets be clear.     Ichase breached the rules and he freely admits he did, but is satisfied not to go back to the program. 

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

Well this is good. Imho there aren't many CCs producing content on the scale of say Flamu or Notser for the Asia server. Maybe there are for non-English languages. I don't know. :fish_book:

27 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lets be clear.     Ichase breached the rules and he freely admits he did, but is satisfied not to go back to the program. 

True, but what many take issue with was how WG went straight to Defcon 1 and utilised the nuclear option.

No warning, no requests to edit or take down the video or apologise, just a straight out termination.

And the whole incident wouldn't have occurred if WG did not make the highly questionable decision of rushing out the Graf Zeppelin just to cash in on Gamescom. So it is still pretty much their screw up.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
11 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

Almost all CC and streamer said harsh things to GZ meanwhile only iChase got fired,

What had happened? go figure, he deserves to get what he got, and it has nothing to do with his [content removed] comment on the ship itself (actually I do somewhat agree what he had said and it has its flamboyancy, it is just not appropriate to say that in the public)

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
10 hours ago, spixys said:

Almost all CC and streamer said harsh things to GZ meanwhile only iChase got fired,

What had happened? go figure, he deserved to get what he got, and it has nothing to do with his [content removed] comment on the ship

Its fine if you quote or comment on a ship. You dont personal attack on Devs or Staff. Asking for them to get fired or demotion.

They made a mistake, they are human. Not robots. So goes to Moderators and others

Quote Updated.

~dead_man_walking

1,342 posts
8,858 battles
10 hours ago, spixys said:

What had happened? go figure, he deserved to get what he got, and it has nothing to do with his [content removed] comment on the ship itself

I thought he at least deserved to get a chance to take down the video or apologise but nope. His treatment was even harsher than SirFoch's, who was only threatened a copyright strike because he refused to take down his offending video.

10 hours ago, Safiuddin97 said:

Its fine if you quote or comment on a ship. You dont personal attack on Devs or Staff. Asking for them to get fired or demotion.

Though to be frank, it was more a figure of speech than a personal attack. I doubt iChase even knew who were responsible, and he certainly didn't name anybody, so it is a bit of a stretch to call it a personal attack.

Even Jingles thinks it is more to do with rhe fact that iChase suggested people seek refunds, than him insulting WG employees.

Quote Updated.

~dead_man_walking

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
31 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Though to be frank, it was more a figure of speech than a personal attack. I doubt iChase even knew who were responsible, and he certainly didn't name anybody, so it is a bit of a stretch to call it a personal attack.

Even Jingles thinks it is more to do with rhe fact that iChase suggested people seek refunds, than him insulting WG employees.

Thanks to the whatever correctness world (and people keep campaigning it) we are in atm, even something like that has become a part of personal attack (if it was 15 years ago he might be able to get out with it), because there is a threat to a random WG staff, exactly the same reason why we have to speak "happy holidays" more even we don't need to, because there are always people will take it the other way.

If a request for refund (and this is what WG have done, so are they forced to take iChase's advice then?) is a reason, then should those many CC/streamers out there that preached people not to buy GZ suffer similar punishment as well?

Once again, you have the right to speak what you like, but you have to take responsibility on what you had spoken (just like me who got a warning in this forum 4 months ago :Smile_hiding:, talking about eating his own word.)

Edited by spixys
Grammar.. it is a difficult thing..

1,342 posts
8,858 battles
27 minutes ago, spixys said:

If a request for refund (and this is what WG have done, so are they forced to take iChase's advice then?) is a reason, then should those many CC/streamers out there that preached people not to buy GZ suffer similar punishment as well?

The reasoning put forth is that refunds mean WG actually loses money which they would have otherwise kept in their pockets.

Whereas in the case of those CCs discouraging people from buying, the argument can be made that WG doesn't lose money, as the purchase was never made and therefore was never WG's money in the first place.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

The reasoning put forth is that refunds mean WG actually loses money which they would have otherwise kept in their pockets.

Whereas in the case of those CCs discouraging people from buying, the argument can be made that WG doesn't lose money, as the purchase was never made and therefore was never WG's money in the first place.

From the PoV of money and accounting this is correct (and I agree with you), however in my opinion, this theory itself was based on some coincidence and the final decision from WG (if IIRC it is the first time WG ever refund for an in game item to owners? Pls correct me if I am wrong) - it can be just a form of good will, or a sincere apology what-so-ever, or even it might be the only option WG can take.

Finally, it was still the call out of a staff to be fired was pretty much the main cause that allows WG to take swift action against iChase which results in revoke of his CC - perhaps someone in WG might have taken his word too seriously and it affects them (in many negative ways) - we might never know.

I shall conclude my opinion here before it derails into something else :Smile_hiding:

Edited by spixys

Sign in to follow this