You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkyWarrior_109

Lost Dogfight Against Same Carrier Over Three Friendly BBs? WTF?

11 comments in this topic

11 posts
1,125 battles

Greetings,

I just came out of a match VS another Hosho whose fighters were absolute BS.

I positioned my fighters over my entire friendly fleet of multiple battleships while I lost ALL my fighters and he lost one, repeated again when I sent out my last squad of fighters, same scenario.

Same thing also happened with my torpedo bombers, sat them over friendly fleet, +10 defence mod on them, still lost.

What happened?

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
19 minutes ago, SkyWarrior_109 said:

Greetings,

I just came out of a match VS another Hosho whose fighters were absolute BS.

I positioned my fighters over my entire friendly fleet of multiple battleships while I lost ALL my fighters and he lost one, repeated again when I sent out my last squad of fighters, same scenario.

Same thing also happened with my torpedo bombers, sat them over friendly fleet, +10 defence mod on them, still lost.

What happened?

RNG screw you over.

Air to Air combat is % based where accumulated DPS is compared to plane health to determine if a plane is shot down or not.Sometimes you can handily win even if his squad is stronger and the reverse can happen, but it is in the rare 10% of the time.

Do note that early BB's AA is lacklustre except for a few.

11 posts
1,125 battles
10 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Early battleships AA range is like around none~4km for a large-caliber armament & quite weak if you asked me.

Range wasn't an issue. My planes were right over the top of friendly ships.

11 posts
1,125 battles
11 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

I said it's really weak though

True, but it SHOULD have been enough for my aircraft to get the upper hand and shoot down 1 or 2 of his planes or more, yet it did nothing at all.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Do you have a replay or something like a screenshot? I think the enemy hosho had something else, like upgrade, captain skill like AS or flags mounted. Also what was the BB? Unless it's a texas, kongo, or UK BB, you're not gonna get much help. A better bet at low tier is to take them towards friendly cruisers.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Do you have a replay or something like a screenshot? I think the enemy hosho had something else, like upgrade, captain skill like AS or flags mounted. Also what was the BB? Unless it's a texas, kongo, or UK BB, you're not gonna get much help. A better bet at low tier is to take them towards friendly cruisers.

Depending on the BBs AA rating,I wonder if focus fire function would have made a difference.I bet most players don't know you can choose which group to focus AA on.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Depending on the BBs AA rating,I wonder if focus fire function would have made a difference.I bet most players don't know you can choose which group to focus AA on.

True, especially in low tiers.

1 hour ago, ari_aji said:

your BB friend shooting down your plane  :cap_rambo:

Saturday night, everyone was drunk!!