You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Are you having rudder problems since 0.6.10.0?

10 comments in this topic

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Since the latest update I find I am having a lot of problems with A & D keys not registering being held down. So I will press and hold the key then (and because in BB takes a while to notice) I realize that the rudder isn't turning. I have to lift the key and do it again. Note that I have a mechanical keyboard.

Edited by keskparane

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

well lag and lag, but u dont see that signal next to ping, right?

connection still bad, not fix yet

perhaps u should play some coop and watch it again:cap_like:>> none of that problem in Coop

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I hadn't considered it might be the ping which is around 190 ms average atm.

Perhaps this indicates that the game code needs to register a key held event as a keypress if a keypress event has not been registered?

218 posts
3,792 battles

There's some connection problem atm I think. probably got to do with that undersea cable problem. Since I live in Malaysia with direct landline to WGA server in Singapore, i don't have a problem with WG games.  but i do have some problem when playing WOW. Every 15 minutes or so, everything just freeze for like 5 seconds or so. But the latency reading is green.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Yeah I've been seeing those freezes but not so bad, more like 1/2 second on my PC. I don't believe they connection related. Pretty sure they come down to the client running on the PC.

Last time I saw problems with the client the problem was with the HDD diskqueue, which was surprising because I only have EVO SSD.

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

I also have this issue time to time. My average ping is around 35ms.

Also I had to turn off automatic collision avoidance. That already cost me 2-3 deaths that shouldn't have happened.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Ahhh finally I'm not the only one, I experienced that issue before and not after update 0.6.10

Did not bother to report it because it's quite hard to replicate, as the issue is intermittent or rarely appears.

157 posts
4,084 battles

It's probably lag, but another thing to consider is desync, if your ship is still turning even when the rudder has returned to its normal position and it suddenly jumps well ahead of its current position when it explodes then the client has desynced with the server, the problem is that it will look like you have a normal ping when it is actually 5 to 10 times higher than what is says it is.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles
2 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

Ahhh finally I'm not the only one, I experienced that issue before and not after update 0.6.10

Did not bother to report it because it's quite hard to replicate, as the issue is intermittent or rarely appears.

Flamu showed it in one of the videos.