You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Matchmaker is OP

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

After a weekend which saw my lovely new Monarch plummet to a 10% overall win rate at one stage, I began to suspect something about the team lineups. It seemed like most battles had a large amount of clan players on one team, and mostly un-clanned players on the other. Well, it was Patch Weekend, though, so maybe it was just my imagination. Today will be more normal, right?

No. No it won't. This time, however, I took some screenshots to see if there really was a pattern.

3SwTcbn.jpg

Battle #1 (DEFEAT)

Spoiler

wd6zZFA.jpg

3 Clan players on my team versus 8 Clan players on the enemy team.

Battle #2 (DEFEAT)

Spoiler

uf6BBfa.jpg

2 Clan players on my team versus 3 Clan players on the enemy team.

Battle #3 (DEFEAT)

Spoiler

gZGiQcT.jpg

No Clan players on my team versus 7 Clan players on the enemy team.

Battle #4 (VICTORY)

Spoiler

NDxPFgS.jpg

1 Clan player on my team versus 3 Clan players on the enemy team.

Battle #5 (DEFEAT)

Spoiler

xmlEPnu.jpg

3 Clan players on my team versus 9 Clan players on the enemy team.

With new Clan features coming soon along with Clan Wars, is that what solo players should expect to see from now on?

381 posts
9,957 battles

You should have realized this sooner. Starting from February or so, I learned to tell the outcome of the game just by comparing the amount of people with clan tags on each team and that method rarely makes me disappointed. 95% of serious or highly skilled playerbase are already in a clan.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

When results like this are possible...

X7WPoY7.jpg

... I have to wonder: do Saipans specific Divisions have too much influence on the outcome of battle? Are solo players nothing more than cannon fodder for the Clans to feast upon?

Am I tasty?

(yes)

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles
1 hour ago, Unraveler said:

When results like this are possible...

X7WPoY7.jpg

... I have to wonder: do Saipans specific Divisions have too much influence on the outcome of battle? Are solo players nothing more than cannon fodder for the Clans to feast upon?

Am I tasty?

(yes)

In this case , we can buff ranger and hiryu to counter this.....

( Also note that I'm also Saipan player)

1,386 posts
8,216 battles

The MM is certainly far from good.

But when we have fun and engaging mechanism that balances player skills, who needs to fix MM?

And for the clan thing, it's no longer clan CBT, for 2,500 doubloons everyone can get a clan. Some clans are super unicum, some are meh, and there are even clans that are far below average. Some clans have little to no idea about teamplay, getting their division in the same team with you more likely than not grants a losing battle.

I would pretty much want to write that clan's tag out as their stupid division had trolled me quite a few times, but that would be naming and shaming, so no.