You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Pommy T10BB 48% fire chance with zero upgrades

36 comments in this topic

340 posts
7,049 battles

Really? Who's brilliant idea was that? Not sure what they were thinking or why they bothered to test it. Its bad enough all the T10 cruisers setting fire to everything without having a T10BB with that kind of fire starting ability. They have just introduced a giant, armoured CA into the game with 24km? range. Whats the fire chance with DE and some flags?? 200%? lol

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

IMO they should rebalance the whole HE thing

reduce the Fire chance, rescaled 1/4 HE pen into regular 1/6, to compensate just Increase HE alpha

If you ask whose briliant Idea is this

You know, that when unveiled British Cruiser only able to fire AP. people jokingly said "British BB would be only firing HE"

those people at WG headquarters have Eureka!!! moment when they read that

and obligated to make the prophecy come true

340 posts
7,049 battles
5 hours ago, humusz said:

reduce the Fire chance, rescaled 1/4 HE pen into regular 1/6, to compensate just Increase HE alpha

You know, that when unveiled British Cruiser only able to fire AP. people jokingly said "British BB would be only firing HE"

Yeah I agree with you.

I just cant believe WoWs thought that kind of fire chance on a T10 BB would be a good idea.

1,810 posts
8,018 battles
36 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Yeah I agree with you.

I just cant believe WoWs thought that kind of fire chance on a T10 BB would be a good idea.

Remember when HMS Conqueror's 457mm guns have a 64% fire chance when on testing?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The fact that HE on BB was used to counter skillful Angling or kiting or even ASWD hacks 

now it becomes big problem when each salvo guarantee a fire or two every damn 25 secs

Beta Tester
40 posts
12 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Remember when HMS Conqueror's 457mm guns have a 64% fire chance when on testing?

it's around 62% now. yea it's a "bit" ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Yeah I agree with you.

I understand your frustration with the HE spam from a BB that has insane fire chance, but have you played the ship yourself?

5 hours ago, humusz said:

As long as they keep the ballistic of the shells, and ship's handling in general, it'd be fine with your proposed changes. Causing annoyance to your playerbase is a good way to lose said playerbase. I think they went too far in their attempt to differentiate the branch from other BBs.

326 posts
10,503 battles

Now where I put that World of Warships bingo 

tX2cumG.jpg

Now please put the "X" mark  that u think its already been achieve in the game

Edited by ArchKongou

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,955 battles

BB's complaining as usual.

Torps too OP NERF NERF NERF!

Cruiser HE too OP NERF NERF NERF!

CV manual drops too OP NERF NERF NERF!

BB's meanwhile, massive repair party, massive health pool, massive armor, ability to regain HP, massive guns and insane damage.... 'balanced' 

'Skillfull angling' yes because sitting at 25km angled and in reverse sniping is so skillful. The problem with T10 matches is thats all BB's do. Sit in the rear, snipe, angle and WHINGE about cruiser HE while they themselves can kill a cruiser at 100% HP with ONE left click. 

BB's players are like 'oh no im on fire...I wish there was something I could do... like...repair party...or damage control' 

Cruisers meanwhile are like 'im 100% HP, yay! oh look im spotted. BOOOOM! oh wow, im dead from 1 BB's salvo because I showed my broadside for 2/3 of a second'

The British BB's are simply addressing the horrible state of bow on reverse camping. Im sick of tier 10 games being 1000-250 with only 1 ship dead per team... because everyone camped for 20 mins and let the DD's fight it out for caps.

Do people actually try and learn anymore or do we just complain louder and louder until our opposition is reduced. The game already has a massive abhorred over balance in the BB population because they nerf everything else because they cant be bothered learning the game or changing their playstyle to adapt. They want a game with rock and paper, but dont you dare introduce scissors into the mix!

Beta Tester
40 posts
Just now, Pocket_Fox said:

BB's meanwhile, massive repair party, massive health pool, massive armor, ability to regain HP, massive guns and insane damage.... 'balanced' 

'Skillfull angling' yes because sitting at 25km angled and in reverse sniping is so skillful. The problem with T10 matches is thats all BB's do. Sit in the rear, snipe, angle and WHINGE about cruiser HE while they themselves can kill a cruiser at 100% HP with ONE left click. 

BB's players are like 'oh no im on fire...I wish there was something I could do... like...repair party...or damage control' 

Cruisers meanwhile are like 'im 100% HP, yay! oh look im spotted. BOOOOM! oh wow, im dead from 1 BB's salvo because I showed my broadside for 2/3 of a second'

The British BB's are simply addressing the horrible state of bow on reverse camping. Im sick of tier 10 games being 1000-250 with only 1 ship dead per team... because everyone camped for 20 mins and let the DD's fight it out for caps.

Do people actually try and learn anymore or do we just complain louder and louder until our opposition is reduced. The game already has a massive abhorred over balance in the BB population because they nerf everything else because they cant be bothered learning the game or changing their playstyle to adapt. They want a game with rock and paper, but dont you dare introduce scissors into the mix!

I think Notser's latest video on WG's decision with HE is a pretty good justification on WG's part. With that said, The fire chance is too high, and maybe I'm just a bad shot, but the AP seems almost useless above 14km.

340 posts
7,049 battles
17 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Not everyone sits at 20+km in reverse.. Its a balancing act in T10 BB between tanking and getting focused down instantly. Also it's not only BB that dont play well at top tier. Plenty of DD players are off chasing rainbows when they could be smoking team mates or spotting ships for BB to kill or maim. This wasn't a whine post, more a "I can't believe they did that" post. Besides that I fail to see how having a T10 BB with 60% fire chance helps the BB camping meta at all anyway? Have a look at my stats, should give you an idea that I for one don't camp at the edge of the map reverse sniping.

1,479 posts
59 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Sounds like a DD or Cruiser player to me.... This type of post deserves the hook...

All of the little DD players will come out of the woodwork now in glorious support...

Mind you, with all of US whingers in the forum, whinging about different classes of ship, at least its balanced ! :Smile_trollface:

images (1).jpg

Edited by Ordrazz

326 posts
10,503 battles

Still complaining about this again.

Yet, still can't beat this 9 botes in every expect..

yo82bPt.png

In the end, the ships doesn't OP.

The one who make it OP is the  player who utilizes the ship to the fullest.

Edited by ArchKongou

340 posts
7,049 battles
5 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Sounds like a DD or Cruiser player to me.... This type of post deserves the hook...

All of the little DD players will come out of the woodwork now in glorious support...

Mind you, with all of US whingers in the forum, whinging about different classes of ship, at least its balanced ! :Smile_trollface:

images (1).jpg

I play mostly BB and DD with a recent foray into cruisers, like I said before this post wasn't meant to be a whinge post. Just trying to understand the logic behind 60% fire chance lol.

340 posts
7,049 battles
1 minute ago, ArchKongou said:

s4ZxgeP.png

Pretty easy to use a ship to its full potential when it has more potential than it probably should have wouldn't you say?

1,479 posts
4 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

s4ZxgeP.png

+1 hear hear

1,068 posts
3,845 battles
13 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

48 + 1 + 1 + 3, I think that's not 200 :P Thought players love to spam HE whole game, now the complains are coming through :)

Potatoes spam HE,unfortunately they are in the majority.

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

Lvl 4 capt skill "Fire Prevention".

And when RN BB shoots HE, they get big damage, and they lose. They get satisfied by dealing the damage, but frustrated when they lose. If you feel annoyed by HE spam, you should find a way to enjoy that sweet victory, especially if your own effort made major contribution to it.

With that said, I don't find RN BB line OP, yet this line is stupid by being extremely annoying, but the nature of PvP is to damage your opponent, and that is naturally annoying. The only solution is probably delete the whole PvP thing, which is what I always wanted but seriously that is not possible.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Lvl 4 capt skill "Fire Prevention".

And when RN BB shoots HE, they get big damage, and they lose. They get satisfied by dealing the damage, but frustrated when they lose. If you feel annoyed by HE spam, you should find a way to enjoy that sweet victory, especially if your own effort made major contribution to it.

With that said, I don't find RN BB line OP, yet this line is stupid by being extremely annoying, but the nature of PvP is to damage your opponent, and that is naturally annoying. The only solution is probably delete the whole PvP thing, which is what I always wanted but seriously that is not possible.

I can live with HE spamming, but RN BB HE is extremely ridiculous as he dictate terms of engagement, reload faster than you, if he trails you , you cant run and cant get the drop on him

1,386 posts
8,222 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

I can live with HE spamming, but RN BB HE is extremely ridiculous as he dictate terms of engagement, reload faster than you, if he trails you , you cant run and cant get the drop on him

I am a Minotaur main, and that is probably the ship taking the most damage from RN BB. Not only fire, but also reducing the reserve HP pool by much, taking out guns and torp tubes, even citadels. But still, with efforts, you can survive and make him suffer. RN BB is mainly countered by DPM and torpedoes, loads of penetrating hits can cut his reserve HP fast, and torpedoes, hitting the TDS bulge, only gets 10% recovery. Use your F3 key on him and try to do other stuff if RN BB wants to spam you. 

41 posts
2,800 battles
16 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

RN BB is mainly countered by DPM and torpedoes, loads of penetrating hits can cut his reserve HP fast, and torpedoes, hitting the TDS bulge, only gets 10% recovery. Use your F3 key on him and try to do other stuff if RN BB wants to spam you. 

Damage Repair Party(as saying by Jingles): Heals 100% of fire damage, only heals 10%(?) of AP damage. 

Also, it's safe to say the DRP's recovery of HP is set back/reset by the additional damage being sent into one's direction.

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

you know, it sounds like your speaking from a point of view that entails you never having played said ships, just like everything else, give it a week or so and people will have already learned to deal with it and after a month it will just be a minor annoyance in the face of other problems

Edited by daTungsten

340 posts
7,049 battles
4 hours ago, daTungsten said:

you know, it sounds like your speaking from a point of view that entails you never having played said ships, just like everything else, give it a week or so and people will have already learned to deal with it and after a month it will just be a minor annoyance in the face of other problems

No I haven't played the conqueror but that doesn't change the fact that having a T10 BB with 60% fire chance is stupid(imo). Of course its counterable, that again doesn't make it any less dumb. It's a ship that when you brawl with it is going to set you on fire EVERY salvo it fires PLUS the damage from the shell itself. Now thats ok from a cruiser with smaller caliber guns but from a 457mm? weapon isn't really conducive to promoting non camping on the blue line.