You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xs920

What am I doing wrong?

18 comments in this topic

[ANZUS]
10 posts
4,113 battles

Co-Op games. 2832 games 95% victories. lots of other good stats.

Random games. 436 games 48% victories. Shit stats.

How come I get slaughtered in random games. Now wonder I stick to co-op games. The red team just blows the green team up all the time. I manage to survive a lot of the games and get in some good licks but the rest of my guys just get blown up. I don't just stand off in the distance and wait for every one else to do the work, I get in there and have a go but just get blown up or the other side shits it in by miles.

Doonster.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Don't take this the wrong way but getting 95% in coop is not indicative of any kind of skill ceiling.  Just treat it for what it is.  Bots don't reflect real players.  Dissecting your random battle stats is where you can find out what goes right or wrong.  I'm no Unicum but I would suggest that you aren't playing a significant part in the game with avg 11 k damage and about 30% survival rate.  Bearing in mind that you've got less than 500 random battles, this will improve with more exposure.

You seem like you like Russian cruisers so you need to learn to take the shots when you aren't a target and run when you are.  Youre not in a position to trade damage, but are they to chip away at the enemy ships and to assist in the DD's incap denial. You've got shit armour but great guns.   Use them and deny the enemy a chance to take large parts of your health.  

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

@xs920

You can just run up to bots and torp them or citadel them ....... you can never do that in a real environment. Bots will keep coming straight at you in a very predictable manner, real players will never do that. In-fact, in SEA, real players are 95% guaranteed to sail away from you. In a co-op you race in to rack up kills. Try that in randoms, you are food. Co-Op enemies never uses their abilities right, DDs smoke up and keep going full speed, no cruisers ever pop radar, everyone uses DCP at first fire / flood, CVs to horrible autodrops, cruisers most likely to ram each other (I can go on for days, since I also played around 2500 co-op games). None of these will happen in randoms.

In randoms, teamplay is more important, stick with your team, don't be selfish. And don't worry too much about winrate for now, you are not even past 1k battles.

Keep trying :)

460 posts
8,315 battles

It might look bad, but you've only just started really. Plenty of players out there with thousands of battles and worse win rate. You could stand to survive longer and do more damage, but that sorta stuff will only come with practice and perhaps watching some higher skilled players on youtube.

[LBAS]
4,475 posts
25,652 battles
Spoiler
18 hours ago, xs920 said:

Co-Op games. 2832 games 95% victories. lots of other good stats.

Random games. 436 games 48% victories. Shit stats.

How come I get slaughtered in random games. Now wonder I stick to co-op games. The red team just blows the green team up all the time. I manage to survive a lot of the games and get in some good licks but the rest of my guys just get blown up. I don't just stand off in the distance and wait for every one else to do the work, I get in there and have a go but just get blown up or the other side shits it in by miles.

Doonster.

try harder, take look on my statics, messy :etc_swear:

20785764_1468483173235695_40495966490275

Edited by MatterCore

353 posts
5,015 battles

give up on russian, try the french fries for better turning circle
do not apply your botting habits to random

start by learning to deal your own HP worth of damage every battle in CA/CL/BB
follow every poster above me as I am noob

[ANZUS]
10 posts
4,113 battles

Thanks for the replies, there's hope yet then. At the moment I am playing destroyers, German, and Farraday. Plus I have Fuso. I also love to play Konigsberg, Nurnberg and Cleveland. If I chose to improve my Random Battle skills, would those ships be any good or should I work my way to some others?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
23 minutes ago, xs920 said:

Thanks for the replies, there's hope yet then. At the moment I am playing destroyers, German, and Farraday. Plus I have Fuso. I also love to play Konigsberg, Nurnberg and Cleveland. If I chose to improve my Random Battle skills, would those ships be any good or should I work my way to some others?

They are great. My suggestion is to spend longer in each tier. Don't rush through the lines very fast, at least not for your first line.

Now, on the ships:

Cleveland and Nurnberg will lead to even harder ships, so I suggest you spend longer with these two.

US DD line starting from Farragut will only get better as you go up. German DDs are also good, but imo everyone should master us DD as beginner before other DD nations.

Russian cruisers are probably the easiest line, you just spam HE from long distance.

I want to advice you to take a look at uk cls. They are just fantastic as long as you can make proper use of smoke. Very easy grind too.

For BB lines, go for km or uk. Playing bb properly isn't easy at first though.

Oh don't play CV before you play against them long enough.

Edited by icy_phoenix

520 posts
11,127 battles

We all have different learning curves.  It will take some adjustment, and 400++ wont really do it just yet:)  I recommend learning from your mistakes and try your best to use your ships or ship class to what it was meant for and its programmed game style.  The faster you learn, the better your performance will be:)

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

Yea ... I reckon you should try and spend more time playing on the red team.... :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, the AI in co-op hardly compare to the dynamic nature of playing against real players.. 

[ANZUS]
10 posts
4,113 battles

OK, so out of five games I got blown up twice, obviously lived three times, Red won three and green won two.

So, does that mean that when I am the green team, the red team is actually the green team from their perspective and I am the red team and if so, how come I am more often on the losing team? I just don't get that. If there are twelve players on my side, then obviously whatever I do contributes one twelfth but still my side gets whopped more often. How can I get to be on the red team?

Or, is there another explanation that I'm not seeing?

The confused, but ever questioning Doonster.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

Keep learning, keep practising, and the good-teams / bad-teams will even out over time.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself as my hapless teammates get steamrolled again, and again, and again... *flips table*

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
11 hours ago, xs920 said:

OK, so out of five games I got blown up twice, obviously lived three times, Red won three and green won two.

So, does that mean that when I am the green team, the red team is actually the green team from their perspective and I am the red team and if so, how come I am more often on the losing team? I just don't get that. If there are twelve players on my side, then obviously whatever I do contributes one twelfth but still my side gets whopped more often. How can I get to be on the red team?

Or, is there another explanation that I'm not seeing?

The confused, but ever questioning Doonster.

They see themselves as green and yours as red. Getting bad teams is unavoidable, but if you learn to do the work of three other dumbs players, you will eventually start getting wins. Make sure you do the most important things to win:

1. Cripple / Destroy key vehicles first. That is DD to start with, then cruisers, then CV and then BB unless you are sure you can do massive damage to BBs, i.e. they are close, or they are broadisde sailing etc. Remember, without DDs, it is very hard to cap, so killing enemy DDs goes a long way to victory.

2. Always focus near caps and make sure to preserve your HP, you don't yolo, you don't camp. You use teammates as meatshields, terrains as line of sight blocker and learn they ways of maximizing damage output. Learning how to evade is very important, be it enemy DD torps, enemy BB shells, enemy CV bombers. I think you can always mitigate a large portion of incoming damage.

3. Try to communicate and move along with groups, enemy will try the same, to delete your team's DDs first, you protect them the best you can, but remember, never at the cost of your own life. And don't be greedy. Getting a kill doesnt decide the game in most cases. so don't spam at the BB you see at 14km cause you can secure the kill and ignore the DD at 5 km, like most selfish asian scrubs. Do not do that.

4. Div up with players who know what they are doing.

Hope you'll do better.

[ANZUS]
10 posts
4,113 battles

I'm thinking that winning more than losing is out of the question but that makes no sense if the red team is really a green team from their perspective. So, reasoning that the red team is just another green team but I'm not on it, then the stats should be around 50 percent. The only way to improve that would be to play with known better players so that the odds are shifted towards the team I am on. How do I get to know who the better players are? Then, how do I communicate with the better players. Or, not so much better players, but with less lesser players. If you get my drift?

Also, am I playing the wrong ships? I seem to get blown up out of nowhere and I often get blown up by ships I don't even see.

I have gone to a great deal of trouble to make a spread sheet and lay out the hits per minute of most of the ships, using the calculation (guns that bear on the target x shots per minute x HE damage number) and like wise with AP. The Nurnberg hammers harder than any other ship until you get to the level nine Neptune. However, it seems everybody wants to blow up Nurnbergs. Even more than they want to blow up DDs.

I do like to play the Konigsberg, Nurnberg and Cleveland because of their hit power but am I focusing on the wrong attributes?

And, finally, why do so many of my team stay the hell out of it and leave it to a few brave souls to actually have a go?

Thanks for the replies. I'm learning. I'm also getting the crap belted out of me more than ever, but I am learning.

2,222 posts
13,710 battles
On 9/4/2017 at 8:01 AM, icy_phoenix said:

......so don't spam at the BB you see at 14km cause you can secure the kill and ignore the DD at 5 km, like most selfish asian scrubs. Do not do that.....

so this

If you have fast guns then it's your job to go for the fast targets. So don't expect a BB to shoot a DD for you. Sure you might miss, but so what, it's better than making a BB waste their salvo on a DD. The amounts of times I have had to do this in a BB while some pew pew next to me has been ignoring the DD is beyond a joke. Understand that just because you have the potential to evade torps doesn't mean your teammates do.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

so this

If you have fast guns then it's your job to go for the fast targets. So don't expect a BB to shoot a DD for you. Sure you might miss, but so what, it's better than making a BB waste their salvo on a DD. The amounts of times I have had to do this in a BB while some pew pew next to me has been ignoring the DD is beyond a joke. Understand that just because you have the potential to evade torps doesn't mean your teammates do.

Yeah, very true. As a BB I mainly focus on ships inside or near the cap, and that's why my damage is so low on my BBs. Because, its a given that I miss a lot of salvo trying to help allied DD or shoot down enemy DD.

Also one thing I feel that people don't usually do right is focus the enemy that is focusing a friendly to discourage him or damage him. You will see 2-3 enemy cruisers spamming a DD or a BB and mindless allies in their fast firing cruisers keep spamming at a BB at their max range instead of those cruisers, cause they want to set some fire which is irrelevant, It is a common sense that, as a cruiser, you do more damage to another cruiser, than a BB, where majority of your shells will just shatter, but people don't get this simple fact. They keep spamming at targets which are not immediate threats. This may work fine in low tiers, where BBs have lower HP pool and relatively easier to chew through, but a disaster at high tier.

Edited by icy_phoenix