Unraveler

UK Battleships Are OP

  • You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

76 posts in this topic

What's this got to do with ships being OP?

Looks more like RNG, constantly hitting the "battle on" button, & playing with the same players & same enemies....

I would've switched tier long ago, or if most games went like that, I would've gone outside or watch DVDs. For the day.

 

Ordrazz


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My current aim is to increase her win rate to 30%. Yes, it's a lofty goal and probably not achievable, but I feel it's important to have something to aspire towards.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad.

It only took 2.5 days for the 'Brit BB OP' thread to appear.

But this time it came with a twist.

 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from my POV

Lion, Conqueror and KGV are the menace of the Tier

 

i mean

JUST LOOK AT THEIR NUMBER OF GUNS

CHANCE OF FIRE

HE PENETRATIONS

 

My Bismarck and FDG look like Beef steak for them


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harpoon01 said:

from my POV

Lion, Conqueror and KGV are the menace of the Tier

 

i mean

JUST LOOK AT THEIR NUMBER OF GUNS

CHANCE OF FIRE

HE PENETRATIONS

 

My Bismarck and FDG look like Beef steak for them

 

Only your Bismarck and FDG has poor number of guns, other nations are pretty on-per with each other. :P Stop playing German ships lol, power creeped hard. Besides, now everyone knows how to deal with german BBs.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar thing with the Iron Duke today, played another ship and won every match, but just couldn't catch a break in the one I need to grind. I gave up after 6 loses. The ship itself isn't bad, but definitely not OP, can't speak for higher tiers tho.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Chances are if you lose eight games in a row, you're on tilt.  Time for a break (about four games ago).

Edited by Moggytwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

from my POV

Lion, Conqueror and KGV are the menace of the Tier

 

i mean

JUST LOOK AT THEIR NUMBER OF GUNS

CHANCE OF FIRE

HE PENETRATIONS

 

My Bismarck and FDG look like Beef steak for them

 

Lowest HP pools

Poorest torpedo protection

 

It's almost as if, DD's are a hard counter to them? 

 

You cannot super heal torps and eating a salvo is basically 50% eating salvo #2 is you're dead.

 

If only more people played DD's they'd realise how they totally chew up British BB's.

Sadly, everyone is playing BB's and crying because they cant citadel a British BB; so they are demanding British BB's have American pre-buff citadels.... lol ok... so a ship with the smallest HP pool would get the biggest citadel making them easier to delete. 

 

People also whinged, whined, complained and screamed for nerfs when the German BB's came out and people couldn't wrap their head around turtleback armor.

 

What hurts British BB's? Focus fire melts them and torpedoes totally wreck them more than any other ship.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

 

Lowest HP pools

Poorest torpedo protection

 

It's almost as if, DD's are a hard counter to them? 

 

You cannot super heal torps and eating a salvo is basically 50% eating salvo #2 is you're dead.

 

If only more people played DD's they'd realise how they totally chew up British BB's.

Sadly, everyone is playing BB's and crying because they cant citadel a British BB; so they are demanding British BB's have American pre-buff citadels.... lol ok... so a ship with the smallest HP pool would get the biggest citadel making them easier to delete. 

 

People also whinged, whined, complained and screamed for nerfs when the German BB's came out and people couldn't wrap their head around turtleback armor.

 

What hurts British BB's? Focus fire melts them and torpedoes totally wreck them more than any other ship.

But torpedoes are extremely unreliable man. Even if i know UK BB is afraid of them , competent captain still make use of the short rudder shift to avoid them if they stay alerted enough, not to mention regular pick of Vigilance.

DD hard counter UK BB, that is if they land their torps , otherwise if they are seen UK BB chew them up with the extremely cheesy HE.

UK BB is just a better fire support cruiser period that can stay with the BB pack,

What i dont like about UK BB is the extremely high damage per salvo of their HE, i have seen UK BB remove an unlucky DD with 10k damage from a connected HE salvo, that is ridiculous.

Armor wise no problem , if people start shooting the turrets to blow them up at shorter range , but at long range hitting them is hard.

What i want is a lower RoF for RN BB. The shorter reload means that they give enemies no room to breath with constant fires,


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pocket_Fox said:

 

It's almost as if, DD's are a hard counter to them? 

as if 

been playing mayorly as IJN DD for more than 2 years

come to realise that it does not matter if they are weak to torp or not

if we cant get close to them undetected, it is useless

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

 

I prefer a 7% uniform nerf to fire chance


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the ships I reckon they'll be weak under concentrated AP fire. They can't heal AP damage any where near as much even with the super heal. If you can't damage their belt aim higher like you would on a german. They also burn well like any other BB.

Give it a while, once everyone gets used to them I'm sure they won't be as bad.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harpoon01 said:

as if 

been playing mayorly as IJN DD for more than 2 years

come to realise that it does not matter if they are weak to torp or not

if we cant get close to them undetected, it is useless

 

 

Why can't you get close?

 

Because BB's cried about torps so they made IJN torps visible from outter space and have a reload time equivalent to the half life of uranium.

Also, Cruisers with radar range that exceeds your torpedo range.

 

I was DD ever since closed beta with some cruiser. When they nerfed DD's harder I went into cruiser. And then I got sick of being deleted instantly by BB's in my cruiser so I went BB. And wow, it is easy mode. You can make massive mistakes and you're not instantly punished and deleted as you would be in a CA/CL or DD.

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I know, RN BBs can't match up to a KM BB driver, I rushed a RN BB (I think conqueror) in my FDG in end game last night. Drove right beside him and broadside him with AP, took 30k off in on salvo, he hit back with HE for what 10k? He healed, but in the end another 2 CAs joined and he got focus fired. The only thing I remember is the number of fires I had on, that was scary, but that was also my first time dealing with those RN BBs, so meh


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they have lower hp pool, it's a no brainier that you focus them down till they die. Don't let them heal back. High concealment on a BB is a double edge sword. If you are caught in a bad situation, it will be harder to get away.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as i said a few times in multiple places, give it a week and people will just learn to deal with RN BBs traits, its the same every time something new is added

..................... IS OP OMFG WEEGEE WHAT YOU DOING

1 month later: "why did i ever think these were OP?"


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB is OP alright but their Durability is not.... so... Kill them painfully?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, daTungsten said:

as i said a few times in multiple places, give it a week and people will just learn to deal with RN BBs traits, its the same every time something new is added

..................... IS OP OMFG WEEGEE WHAT YOU DOING

1 month later: "why did i ever think these were OP?"

 

And it always seems to be the same people who do this. Every time a new line comes out, I could put money on it.

I would name the culprits, but red crayons & modesty forbids me.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

 

And it always seems to be the same people who do this. Every time a new line comes out, I could put money on it.

I would name the culprits, but red crayons & modesty forbids me.

 

They don't want your Brutally Honesty and Modesty. You will be red crayoned like a communist.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

BB is OP alright but their Durability is not.... so... Kill them painfully?

 

What makes BB "OP" ? seriously ?

 

Their fire power ? Their healing abilities? Their amour? Their survivability?

 

That is balanced by: 

 

DD : impossible concealment, means they can sneak up right next to you, smoke, great speed & manurvrability , launch torpedoes that do massive alpha damage that cannot be fully healed, ( also enhanced separately by torpedo acceleration !) able to spot BBs without getting seen themselves, intimidating threat, because a lot of players don't know torpedo ranges of individual DD, so makes BB players paranoid.

 

CA/L : good concealment, great rudder shift (usually), massive burning capability with very fast reload guns, elevated fire starting chance, moderate health pool, ability to kite/annoy slow moving BBs, very fast speed to help escape,  torpedoes to deal massive alpha damage if hit by them, which is a very real fear, Russian cruisers & Belfast/Fiji make BB afraid, so makes BBs focus on them, often leading to leaving flanks open for exploit. Some cruisers can even smoke, leading to more BB confusion.

 

CV: damn planes can go anywhere in the map, usually sees & targets BBs first & mostly, able to set fire multiple times with bombs, deal often fatal torpedo runs or AP bombs, able to spot BBs with planes, allowing fleet to focus & destroy BBs..

 

So, apart from the possibility of a devastating effect of being blown out of existence in one salvo, & the ability of being able to heal SOME (Only SOME) of the damage inflicted,  WHY do people often accuse BBs of being over powered ??

Its just a mindset that everyone seems to have gotten into, its so easy to slag off & "gang up " to be popular, but realistically, no one seems to be studying things properly, the type of ships weaknesses , that's why there is a big difference between players... If they come up against something hard, then it's automatically "OP"... That is the weak persons catch cry, "its OP".

 

 Regardless of all the considerations, probably due to the self important attitude of " well, I can't destroy it, it must be OP"  mindset...

 

Ever heard of asking team mates for help?  Is it to demeaning to everyone to ask for help? 

 

The proper answer is no, the popular answer seems to be yes.

 

Next time anyone thinks a ship is "OP",  think of the bigger picture, which is BIGGER than the small part of the picture that you are in... There's more than just you, the player in the game, if you can't counter it, then help the player who can.... That would be the best help to your team...

 

Its only inadequate players who Whinge about ships being "OP", they think if they can't kill it in the ship they are in, then it must be "OP".

 

No matter what class of ship you play, stop whining about "OP" & use your own abilities, to kill ships that you can, & help bigger ships kill the ones you are so worried about.... Every ship in the game has its counter, pride prevents seeing that it may not happen to be you, in the ship you are in at the time.

 

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

 

What makes BB "OP" ? seriously ?

 

Their fire power ? Their healing abilities? Their amour? Their survivability?

 

That is balanced by: 

 

DD : impossible concealment, means they can sneak up right next to you, smoke, great speed & manurvrability , launch torpedoes that do massive alpha damage that cannot be fully healed, ( also enhanced separately by torpedo acceleration !) able to spot BBs without getting seen themselves, intimidating threat, because a lot of players don't know torpedo ranges of individual DD, so makes BB players paranoid.

 

CA/L : good concealment, great rudder shift (usually), massive burning capability with very fast reload guns, elevated fire starting chance, moderate health pool, ability to kite/annoy slow moving BBs, very fast speed to help escape,  torpedoes to deal massive alpha damage if hit by them, which is a very real fear, Russian cruisers & Belfast/Fiji make BB afraid, so makes BBs focus on them, often leading to leaving flanks open for exploit. Some cruisers can even smoke, leading to more BB confusion.

 

CV: damn planes can go anywhere in the map, usually sees & targets BBs first & mostly, able to set fire multiple times with bombs, deal often fatal torpedo runs or AP bombs, able to spot BBs with planes, allowing fleet to focus & destroy BBs..

 

So, apart from the possibility of a devastating effect of being blown out of existence in one salvo, & the ability of being able to heal SOME (Only SOME) of the damage inflicted,  WHY do people often accuse BBs of being over powered ??

Its just a mindset that everyone seems to have gotten into, its so easy to slag off & "gang up " to be popular, but realistically, no one seems to be studying things properly, the type of ships weaknesses , that's why there is a big difference between players... If they come up against something hard, then it's automatically "OP"... That is the weak persons catch cry, "its OP".

 

 Regardless of all the considerations, probably due to the self important attitude of " well, I can't destroy it, it must be OP"  mindset...

 

Ever heard of asking team mates for help?  Is it to demeaning to everyone to ask for help? 

 

The proper answer is no, the popular answer seems to be yes.

 

Next time anyone thinks a ship is "OP",  think of the bigger picture, which is BIGGER than the small part of the picture that you are in... There's more than just you, the player in the game, if you can't counter it, then help the player who can.... That would be the best help to your team...

 

Its only inadequate players who Whinge about ships being "OP", they think if they can't kill it in the ship they are in, then it must be "OP".

 

No matter what class of ship you play, stop whining about "OP" & use your own abilities, to kill ships that you can, & help bigger ships kill the ones you are so worried about.... Every ship in the game has its counter, pride prevents seeing that it may not happen to be you, in the ship you are in at the time.

 

Ordrazz

It is hit or miss, in random , UK BB pretty much do a better job than cruisers at setting key targets on fire. Much better fire support platform than even Soviet CA due to high durability. They are blind fortunately and require spotters.

Ordazz, you are thinking the right way, but you are missing on the fact that RN BB is outclassing CA in their own game of spamming HE by a far far lead and it is too much. Also our server meta is camp sit snipe, expect even more camping due to these BBQ makers.

They require some rework, the line is extremely potent for gud players.

The famous thing i noticed is player usually drive backward, butt on in these BB making damaging them with AP very difficult and spamming HE at them means losing trade.

Maybe thing is the time for POI yamato do its work


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 03/09/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ordrazz said:
Spoiler

 

What makes BB "OP" ? seriously ?

 

Their fire power ? Their healing abilities? Their amour? Their survivability?

 

That is balanced by: 

 

DD : impossible concealment, means they can sneak up right next to you, smoke, great speed & manurvrability , launch torpedoes that do massive alpha damage that cannot be fully healed, ( also enhanced separately by torpedo acceleration !) able to spot BBs without getting seen themselves, intimidating threat, because a lot of players don't know torpedo ranges of individual DD, so makes BB players paranoid.

 

CA/L : good concealment, great rudder shift (usually), massive burning capability with very fast reload guns, elevated fire starting chance, moderate health pool, ability to kite/annoy slow moving BBs, very fast speed to help escape,  torpedoes to deal massive alpha damage if hit by them, which is a very real fear, Russian cruisers & Belfast/Fiji make BB afraid, so makes BBs focus on them, often leading to leaving flanks open for exploit. Some cruisers can even smoke, leading to more BB confusion.

 

CV: damn planes can go anywhere in the map, usually sees & targets BBs first & mostly, able to set fire multiple times with bombs, deal often fatal torpedo runs or AP bombs, able to spot BBs with planes, allowing fleet to focus & destroy BBs..

 

So, apart from the possibility of a devastating effect of being blown out of existence in one salvo, & the ability of being able to heal SOME (Only SOME) of the damage inflicted,  WHY do people often accuse BBs of being over powered ??

Its just a mindset that everyone seems to have gotten into, its so easy to slag off & "gang up " to be popular, but realistically, no one seems to be studying things properly, the type of ships weaknesses , that's why there is a big difference between players... If they come up against something hard, then it's automatically "OP"... That is the weak persons catch cry, "its OP".

 

 Regardless of all the considerations, probably due to the self important attitude of " well, I can't destroy it, it must be OP"  mindset...

 

Ever heard of asking team mates for help?  Is it to demeaning to everyone to ask for help? 

 

The proper answer is no, the popular answer seems to be yes.

 

Next time anyone thinks a ship is "OP",  think of the bigger picture, which is BIGGER than the small part of the picture that you are in... There's more than just you, the player in the game, if you can't counter it, then help the player who can.... That would be the best help to your team...

 

Its only inadequate players who Whinge about ships being "OP", they think if they can't kill it in the ship they are in, then it must be "OP".

 

No matter what class of ship you play, stop whining about "OP" & use your own abilities, to kill ships that you can, & help bigger ships kill the ones you are so worried about.... Every ship in the game has its counter, pride prevents seeing that it may not happen to be you, in the ship you are in at the time.

 

Ordrazz

 

 

Because most of average pub player in WoW's are something like this:

hrOh2Cy.gif

 

Not many people know how to deal with their opponent especially in high tier battle. 

Most of them rather to yolo, didn't know how to press F3 for assist,  forget the true objective in the match & even worse: Afraid to see their ship been "hurt" by their enemy;  which is the true disease  in the game. 

 

I'm not enjoy to complain about certain ship, instead I'm rather enjoy how to adapt and handle the enemy who using that ship. To me, team play is the most important things.

Btw since I'm more to brawl with my BB's & enjoy kiting or spot the enemy with my DD's, it's really hard to me become passive or snipe like a scrub in the match. 

 

Edited by ArchKongou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites