Crusin_Rage

Time for a Oceana Sever

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With the recent cable problems and the lag effects playing people from northern asia VS  Australia and NZ I reckon its about time and we have a big enough player base to have an Oceana/SEA server

Come on Wargaming how about it

Most decent games run servers for Oceana or at least bring in a ping adjustment or region lock into MM so we are playing against people of similar ping

Cheers Crusin

Edited by Crusin_Rage

As good as that would be, you're dreaming. Oceana playerbase would not be anywhere near large enough to make this a viable option.

Even the peak server population is dismally low. This game is a curiosity and has no real longevity. From a contact list of 50 players, I regularly see none of them.

At the very least, let us go back to NA. The fact of not many cables to SG make it non viable at all when any of the few cables bust.

I recommend you play at NA for better latency (based on AUS players' feedback) and good stuffs there. No need to revive the Oceania server, which was dissolved in 2013(???) due to low population.

If wargaming would let people pick servers like other games do I would, but there is too much invested to leave all the premium and hard ground out ships behind.

2013 was a long time ago in the gaming world, there has been three battlefield games, a star wars game, GTAV and god knows how many others between now and then. in 2013 I didnt even know WoW's existed.

I know of enough Aussies and Kiwi's playing to give it a go.

Even if they brought a ping cap into the mix, the lag factor for high pings can mean the difference between a triple citadel shot and just a couple of thousand point hit, even thou it shows perfect on your screen.

if they want the game to grow they need to do something.

Maybe if they kept the Oceania server it would be pumping with more player that have left because of the poor lag effects on the game

We totally support you brother. New server for Oceania please. Although I'm pretty sure Aus/Nz player base won't fill 2k at any given time, but still it's better for everyone.

3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

We totally support you brother. New server for Oceania please. Although I'm pretty sure Aus/Nz player base won't fill 2k at any given time, but still it's better for everyone.

I'm concerned with the wait time in queue. It'd be better if we can choose to play in different clusters, but that's just more work for WG

Jeeeeesus.  Enough players to split the server.  You're joking right? 1500 Aussies sitting by themselves with 5 minute queue times and broken matchmaking.    Sounds like a winning idea..

I'll stick with the Asia server thanks.    

On on a side note nice to see @FG_IMONABOAT

If we had an Oceana server 90% of our team would be made of Bots, there is just not enough of a Base population to be viable and that is pretty much end of story about it. Also even if they did put an Oceana server up and offered to transfer over I probably wouldn't do it since the server would be dead on arrival.

13 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Jeeeeesus.  Enough players to split the server.  You're joking right? 1500 Aussies sitting by themselves with 5 minute queue times and broken matchmaking.    Sounds like a winning idea..

I'll stick with the Asia server thanks.    

On on a side note nice to see @FG_IMONABOAT

So.... Is this number of 1500 Aussies acurate ?? What are the numbers for AU NZ & Tassie combined ?? Anyone ??

Not enough players, it'd kill the game for us and we'd be amalgamated back into Asia server.

16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

If they are willing to pay how they pay for their internet on a monthly subscription, then I guess WG should look at setting up 1 server to support them :cap_popcorn:

A zillion more players play WoT, and WG has no plans for an Oceania server for them.

Why would they even consider setting up an Oceania server for botes?

It would be a terribad mistake if they did.

1 hour ago, _DuxNutz_ said:

So.... Is this number of 1500 Aussies acurate ?? What are the numbers for AU NZ & Tassie combined ?? Anyone ??

You don't even need statistics from WG, even with general populations figures AU/NZ are in the minority in the APAC region. WoWS is also very heavily marketed in other Asian countries but not here. (No PAX appearance from WG last year, not sure if they intent to appear this year)

19 hours ago, Crusin_Rage said:

I reckon its about time and we have a big enough player base to have an Oceana/SEA server

Yeah we don't.

Most decent games run servers for Oceana or at least bring in a ping adjustment or region lock into MM so we are playing against people of similar ping

By decent you mean more popular with wider appeal and larger marketing budgets, not to mention playerbase in the millions not thousands.

18 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

I recommend you play at NA for better latency (based on AUS players' feedback) and good stuffs there. No need to revive the Oceania server, which was dissolved in 2013(???) due to low population.

Oceania server never existed. There was talk about putting a shard for WoT (like NA East and NA West but you would be able to connect to both with the same client)

19 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

Depends on your ISP from what I have seen posted.Telstra ( or those ISP who use their lines) can have a ping that varies from 65ms to 150ms average ( varies around that number by approx 20ms while you are playing),with some to high lag connected to the ASIA server.

NA is very steady at 105ms ping ( at least from Melbourne) and low lag.

I have accounts on both servers and NA is always a smoother experience.Afternoon/early evening east coast Australia time ( 3.30 pm to say 9.00pm) is late night/very early morning NA time,and server population week nights is around 2800.And from the names and playstyle at those times there is definitely a large ASIA region number of players on!

If wargaming would let people pick servers like other games do I would, but there is too much invested to leave all the premium and hard ground out ships behind.

17 hours ago, Reinhardt_von_Lohengram said:

I'm concerned with the wait time in queue. It'd be better if we can choose to play in different clusters, but that's just more work for WG

That is what I would like to see implemented to,universal log in ( with the ability to combine players separate server accounts) and you can pick which server to play on.With a ping meter as well you can see which has the best connection and go there.

Ping meter in port is a must anyway.If Halo PC could have a ping meter for each game available 15 years ago I don't see why we can't have it in port now.

As awesome as universal log ins would be (and it would be awesome)

Different pricing, deals, events, contests etc stop this sadly.

I'm fine with WoWS on Asia, but I wish my WoT could go back to NA.

Ping meter in port is a must anyway.If Halo PC could have a ping meter for each game available 15 years ago I don't see why we can't have it in port now.

I'm sure they could work a way for MM to pick the closest pings to match together.

Even host some servers in Australia or NZ and let MM place people depending on player base at the time.

yea no, i like finding games on a working server

ASIA server already has the least population compared to the others. I highly doubt splitting it would do any good.

What they should do is have all accounts multi-regional...

But they won't, the different regions almost function like their own franchises

Yeah as much as I like the idea I think we lack numbers.

Would rather we had the option to use other regions on low population times i.e NA. It's a pity our accounts are region tied.

On 02/09/2017 at 4:47 PM, Crusin_Rage said:

With the recent cable problems and the lag effects playing people from northern asia VS  Australia and NZ I reckon its about time and we have a big enough player base to have an Oceana/SEA server

Come on Wargaming how about it

Cheers Crusin

I agree. 

Asian players are too skilful for Australian and New Zealand players. 

It is better if Australian players are matched with countries where the skill levels are a bit lower. 

8 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

I agree. 

Asian players are too skilful for Australian and New Zealand players. 

It is better if Australian players are matched with countries where the skill levels are a bit lower. 

Ah Typhoon

At it again I see :Smile_facepalm: