You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainDavyJones

Random battles with bots

15 comments in this topic

6 posts
101 battles

I just started playing yesterday, When played with tier 1 and 2 cruisers, I played all my random battles with bots. But now I played a battle in my caledon, all of a sudden others were real players! How did it happen? 

159 posts
5,698 battles

When you are level 1 and 2 you are only playing "coop" games ie, vs bots, when you reach level 3 then you unlock the ability to play "random" matches which are PvP. you can switch between the modes at the top of the port screen next to the "battle" button in case you want to play vs bots again. Hope this helps.

6 posts
101 battles
1 minute ago, blauflamme22 said:

When you are level 1 and 2 you are only playing "coop" games ie, vs bots, when you reach level 3 then you unlock the ability to play "random" matches which are PvP. you can switch between the modes at the top of the port screen next to the "battle" button in case you want to play vs bots again. Hope this helps.

no there were bots in random battles. 

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

They were 'co-op' battles you were playing. Blau is correct. All bots. It wasn't a random battles with other players. It changed to random when you changed levels.

To see the levels, go into Profile (top menu), then service record (left).

159 posts
5,698 battles
9 hours ago, CaptainDavyJones said:

Here's a similar incident from another player. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/129762-random-battle-has-only-bots/

Mine's exactly the same. 

Interesting, I didn't know there was a protected MM for the first hundred or so battles, now even I have learned something new :cap_book: Though I'm not sure what I'm ever going to need that little gem of information for.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

yes there are bots in random battles as part of the newbie protection system, and plus the fact that there isn't enough new players at T1 usually to form a whole queue, so WG has bots facing off new players when they are new, it's not a bug, it's a feature

1,126 posts

it's a great opportunity.

my friend got 2 solo warrior and several kraken because play random battle wit bot

although she's already quit now because after service record reach some level, no more bot and she got hit hard by seal-clubber.