You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Szabla

SEA-ME-WE 3 cable down again? Ping from Australia is now very high

43 comments in this topic

1,484 posts
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Lagging already. Looks like children home from school get to use the internet much earlier than the other nights.

Friday night, they are allowed to stay up a little bit longer, & then there's also the 26 year old teenagers too..

:Smile_teethhappy:

Ordrazz

[KAMI]
5 posts
15,973 battles

Yep, getting bad ping here too, in Nth Queensland, really bad on Wednesday around 1500 ping for the last 2 games I could play (I gave up after that), yesterday and today about double what I usually get at 200 to 300 ping, but frequent lag spikes.  Hopefully it's being worked on and will be corrected soon.

415 posts
10,918 battles

does anyone know the closest server is to WG that I can ping on Speedtest ... I wanna get some idea how bad it is so I can decide if PvP is worth it or if I should just stick to co-op.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

I reckon play between when there are about 3000 players on the server until midnight. After that connection gets worse IMO. 

Edited by keskparane

Beta Tester
60 posts

Should we get some kind of compensation? anyone?

As the WOWS becomes non playable for 1 month? All the Premium account just wasted.

[_BST_]
25 posts
4,941 battles

250 to 350 here in Sydney. Pretty bad. I thought it was because of re-installing the game due to another issue but if others are having the same problem then it must be just coincidental. Maybe it's a lot of extra players getting online for the UK BB roll out

980 posts
12,617 battles
18 minutes ago, Xero2301 said:

250 to 350 here in Sydney. Pretty bad. I thought it was because of re-installing the game due to another issue but if others are having the same problem then it must be just coincidental. Maybe it's a lot of extra players getting online for the UK BB roll out

Maybe u need to git gud. If you are skilled, high ping does not matter. 

[LBAS]
4,466 posts
25,606 battles
14 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

my place in ASEAN, connection very bad

in this case I choose Coop PVE for safer, random save it for a good day:cap_like:

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,702 battles

Thank goodness for PVE, operation of the week and carriers, all of which are still playable for me.

Luckily my ping is currently around 200 at worst, so even random is still playable.

Also the monthly marathon only requires base xp so there is no requirement to "bullseye a womp rat" or get 140000 xp and survive to complete it, which would be hard to achieve in the current environment.:cap_like:

If only my sonar pings lasted as long!

Beta Tester
60 posts

Well I got more than 500 days of premium account. I don't really care.

But What about someone just bought premium account? eg 7 or 30 days cannot play, bad luck?  huh?

1,484 posts
21 hours ago, Xero2301 said:

No, the underseas cables are damaged somewhere, that connects us here in Australia, that's why the excessive high ping, & its purely coincidental that the British BBs came out the day after :Smile_sad:

21 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Gitting gud cannot really help you in avoiding shells or torpedoes or DD that suddenly pop out of nowhere, due to the high ping, yes you watch the minimap & can guess where they may go, or come from, but its impossible to escape these ping spikes, which at the right moment ends up destroying or saving your ship. I know, i am skilled & I've had it happen to me & my clan mates... 

Also all of the kills & hits I should've scored but didn't, due to the lag...

When its 140-180 its still playable, like in the daytime, but when it comes around 6pm AEST, then the ping goes above 200 so its not playable.

Ordrazz

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles
On 02/09/2017 at 6:47 AM, Shan2406 said:

Should we get some kind of compensation? anyone?

As the WOWS becomes non playable for 1 month? All the Premium account just wasted.

Not going to happen !! However if the projected time frame of around a month to rectify the issue is correct, Wargaming may just find its Asian player base haemorrhaging and moving elsewhere in the search for their gaming fix.

So... Those online gaming providers who have a strategy to retain or return those wayward players may fair better than those who ignore this potential scenario.

Unplayable in Perth @ 0842 ....  

326 posts
10,506 battles

I don't think the Aussie have this problem.

Having bad ping as well since 2 weeks ago. 200-343 m/s especially from 8.30 a.m - 10 p.m (UTC + 08:00). 

Just grinding mission or exp on scenario for now.

[-JSF-]
[-JSF-]
38 posts
5,340 battles
3 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

I don't think the Aussie have this problem.

Having bad ping as well since 2 weeks ago. 200-343 m/s especially from 8.30 a.m - 10 p.m (UTC + 08:00). 

Just grinding mission or exp on scenario for now.

Ah yes we do? There's actually two problems - the cable break near HK but also another cable break between Perth & Singapore (likely to be in the same area like last time -  anywhere between the western reaches of the Sunda Strait and where that meets the Java Sea).

This is where I got my information: Sea-Me-We 3 cable break between Perth & Singapore - Vocus

So we do have a problem. Don't go and make misleading statements without evidence first.