Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

RNG shit

11 comments in this topic

350 posts
7,092 battles

Did WoWs change something with BB RNG recently? I've been having the worst RNG in Montana recently. Fire at Atago@14km range, 7 over pens. Fire at full broadside Hindenberg@10-12km(using AP of course) does 3k damage. Hinde fires at me with HE and im not broadside and he does more damage than I did to him. I'd understand if I was at 4km range and got a shit tonne of over pens but seriously 14km and & overpens?? Same with Hinde, should have wrecked if not sunk him outright at that range.

1,494 posts

If the Montana is anything like the North Carolina, it may be suffering from bent barrel syndrome, or bent shells, because that ship has horrible aiming as well... You aim at the water line & the shells hit the superstructure...

Or, unless the recent ping issue is affecting your game, its certainly making games more interesting, with dds & torpedo's suddenly appearing, shells going through ships without exploding etc.

Ordrazz

980 posts
12,617 battles
13 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Did WoWs change something with BB RNG recently? I've been having the worst RNG in Montana recently. Fire at Atago@14km range, 7 over pens. Fire at full broadside Hindenberg@10-12km(using AP of course) does 3k damage. Hinde fires at me with HE and im not broadside and he does more damage than I did to him. I'd understand if I was at 4km range and got a shit tonne of over pens but seriously 14km and & overpens?? Same with Hinde, should have wrecked if not sunk him outright at that range.

If you ram the enemy you can't overpen!

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles
6 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

If the Montana is anything like the North Carolina, it may be suffering from bent barrel syndrome, or bent shells, because that ship has horrible aiming as well... You aim at the water line & the shells hit the superstructure...

Montana is nothing like NC. She has fantastic arc.

1,386 posts
8,246 battles
11 hours ago, PGM991 said:

use HE and say good bye to over-pen.

Hide contents

and say good bye to citadel-hit as well

A Conqueror just hit my Minotaur with 2 citadels using HE, also wiping out one of my turrets and torp tubes permanently.

Well, no surprise for me, consequence of playing paper sheep, but when I white texted for confirmation it did scare off enemy Des Moines quite a bit

350 posts
7,092 battles
6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

If you ram the enemy you can't overpen!

Haha, I was tempted! I have found HE rounds to give much more consistent damage than AP. Reason I asked the question was I don't remember AP being so unreliable until recently. Maybe the shit ping has thrown RNG out of whack IDK.

1,494 posts
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Montana is nothing like NC. She has fantastic arc.

Maybe one day in the far distant future, I may own one...  But that's good to know :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this