Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

Some Commentary talk about so called lack of communicative and " retreat "

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles

Hello there,

I want to tell dem discussion about the Lack of teamplay experienc-   Uhm.. i mean team's so called " Tactical Retreat " or " BB at Far Distance " . The main issue for BB who don't push or sit their hull wasting away in the island while your Cruiser and Destroyer friend do the job?

Well , i hardly rant but , aren't supposed certain BB's like Kriegsmarine BB push but instead they go far far away? , I mean , are they scared to push in the front-line when BB's are supposed to push but instead sit back and camp and snipe at the same time while letting some Light Cruiser and Heavy Cruiser, just do their dirty job pushing front?

Its like Big Babies (BB) walk behind Smaller Guys (CL/CA) just because of tiny little boy ( DD ) turned into Boogeyman? wut?

LOOK AT THIS! EVEN I SLAY A GNEISENAU BY FORCING THIS PERSON TO LOOK AT ME IN THE EYES! AND WE WON BECAUSE OF THE ONLY CAPITAL SHIP GOT SUNKED GOOD!

20170828203152_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

NOTE : Cruisers suffer the same thing about long distance , too scared to fight Destroyers as shown on this map some is very far away. But that's occasionally rare to see a cruiser cower in fear.

This is very common for T3 - T8 when i sees one. They should at least know how to study those BB's of what's their main potential for it. If it's North Carolina or South Dakota ( ALABAMA ) , You have right of way to do so in mid distance since they are T8 Mobile Citadel if one of them act dumb to show their broadside which Kriegsmarine or Imperial Japan Navy Battleships OVERDRIVE their United States Navy Battleship sides load with pack of Big Mac and Fries along with White-Castle and at the same time Quarter Pounder which infused with gunpowder ready to hqdefault.jpg  .

Like for example :

BB at J5 which the front-line is supposed to be C5 ( EXAMPLE )

People tell it to go to C5 and they say , No i am a BB , im scared of DD this is for Cruiser job.  Why not you do it if you got Balls  ( duh i got Kawachi , I'm not afraid to push because they are nothing to me , I LOOKED AT THEM IN THE EYES! )

I understand there's main risk for nearby DD trying to be cheeky, but you face worse still when CV is at play. If you are alone at far distance with " Little to none AA " like Ishizuchi T4 BB (Even thought cruisers like Phoenix or Yubari may help but its struggling ) for example, welp you done for.

But at least try it . This is the main fear for new BB users who is scared of DD when they had DD and found out its potential to kill BB . But actually , you don't need to be a wee-coward for sitting far because, It's BB main JOB to push while Cruiser does the same by sitting behind you not lean ahead of you. ( DUH )

I got both Bismarck and Tirpitz, I have a-lot of problems in long range when tight shells are freaking impossible at long range between 19km range, I have no choice but to push my BB into the frontier as most Kriegsmarine Battleship had a " ATLANTIC BOW " which can deflect like Shield Generator . USE IT!

Well i just released my mild vent for today.

LAWRENCEXVIII 

Closed Beta Tester , your average user who only slay real enemies by looking at them in the eyes.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

1,493 posts

Yes,

I'm afraid this camping meta is firmly ingrained here, they are to cowardly to scratch their paintwork, & to afraid of committing to battle.

They see a DD on the minimap & they freeze... They don't think that the DD may have only a limited Torpedo range..

Another bad habit they have developed, is that they are quite willing to let smaller team mates die, rather than to come in & try to help, they don't want to tank any damage or push...

Of course I'm not advocating blind charging in, pushing for the sake of it or just being stupid... Getting wiped out by charging in willy nilly is just stupid... But so is camping, & it earns no respect from your team by doing so...

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,837 posts
4,138 battles

There is a difference between camping and retreating to maintain your advantage.    The problem is that people don't understand that a ship with 1hp is just as dangerous as a ship with full HP and you have to be able to trade damage to a point where its to your advantage.  Some BBS are better suited to the long game while others aren't and you specifically develop your modules and captains for that style.   My USNBB's are all about accuracy and stealth.   Being able to drop from view can be the game changer at times.  My KMBB are all about close engagements as the guns aren't made for long range work. 

Unfortunately some players just don't understand the characteristics of the lines and game mechanics to be able to play diversely and stick to what they know.  The server demographics heavily favour the IJN line and once they get to about T4 in that BB line the long range gunnery is all they know.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
11 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

There is a difference between camping and retreating to maintain your advantage.    The problem is that people don't understand that a ship with 1hp is just as dangerous as a ship with full HP and you have to be able to trade damage to a point where its to your advantage.  Some BBS are better suited to the long game while others aren't and you specifically develop your modules and captains for that style.   My USNBB's are all about accuracy and stealth.   Being able to drop from view can be the game changer at times.  My KMBB are all about close engagements as the guns aren't made for long range work. 

Unfortunately some players just don't understand the characteristics of the lines and game mechanics to be able to play diversely and stick to what they know.  The server demographics heavily favour the IJN line and once they get to about T4 in that BB line the long range gunnery is all they know.

Good day,

As said , USN BB is acceptable to be in long range and at the same time great concealment, but for KM BB they must push. However, i seen some KM BB users like to snipe at far which shows that this is a noob user who can't understand its main potential.

At least for enemy with 1 hp you got to sacrifice abit and pull back, don't you want to win ? don't you think this is sometimes it may disoriented certain enemies who had their allies ded?

Idk, maybe i mean maybe they dont want assuming DD is nearby and scared " shatless "  . If you noticed the map on C9 that BB is going away far away, which is supposed to be close range BB and not Long range one.

As far as i known of , some new German BB users may try to act salty towards you for being called off like saying " Shut up , German battleship is supposed to be long range , you don't know trash about history! "

Wut, as if they assumed its from Battle of the Straits! Thinking Bismarck sunk a Hood and cripple KGV at long distance while ingame i cannot do anything in long range aside just going to absorb sponge damage.

1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Yes,

I'm afraid this camping meta is firmly ingrained here, they are to cowardly to scratch their paintwork, & to afraid of committing to battle.

They see a DD on the minimap & they freeze... They don't think that the DD may have only a limited Torpedo range..

Another bad habit they have developed, is that they are quite willing to let smaller team mates die, rather than to come in & try to help, they don't want to tank any damage or push...

Of course I'm not advocating blind charging in, pushing for the sake of it or just being stupid... Getting wiped out by charging in willy nilly is just stupid... But so is camping, & it earns no respect from your team by doing so...

Ordrazz

Hello there,

Blind Charging in may be absolute stupid tactics, but however , most of the time when i BB or Cruiser, i rather push because some other ships may try to divert away thinking this person had " large threat level " while other frendos can support from behind. After all, aren't BB are supposed to be absorbing sponge bullets?

They freeze at DD just because of a mere launcher tubes capable of heavy damage on BB or Cruiser.  Just send a cruiser and DD to kill a designated target lel. But whats the point of it when some had a GOOD ship while plays like peanuts without nuts inside just outside shells.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
34 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Good day,

As said , USN BB is acceptable to be in long range and at the same time great concealment, but for KM BB they must push. However, i seen some KM BB users like to snipe at far which shows that this is a noob user who can't understand its main potential.

At least for enemy with 1 hp you got to sacrifice abit and pull back, don't you want to win ? don't you think this is sometimes it may disoriented certain enemies who had their allies ded?

Idk, maybe i mean maybe they dont want assuming DD is nearby and scared " shatless "  . If you noticed the map on C9 that BB is going away far away, which is supposed to be close range BB and not Long range one.

As far as i known of , some new German BB users may try to act salty towards you for being called off like saying " Shut up , German battleship is supposed to be long range , you don't know trash about history! "

Wut, as if they assumed its from Battle of the Straits! Thinking Bismarck sunk a Hood and cripple KGV at long distance while ingame i cannot do anything in long range aside just going to absorb sponge damage.

Hello there,

Blind Charging in may be absolute stupid tactics, but however , most of the time when i BB or Cruiser, i rather push because some other ships may try to divert away thinking this person had " large threat level " while other frendos can support from behind. After all, aren't BB are supposed to be absorbing sponge bullets?

They freeze at DD just because of a mere launcher tubes capable of heavy damage on BB or Cruiser.  Just send a cruiser and DD to kill a designated target lel. But whats the point of it when some had a GOOD ship while plays like peanuts without nuts inside just outside shells.

ah this is a heavy misunderstanding

i see you truly underestimate DD firepower

DD armed with deadly torpedoes and great concealment are their greatest assets to attack battleships and possibly heavy cruiser

ever wondered why we call Torpedoes as "Noob Filter"?

a good IJN DD player could even be undetected (or rather untouchable) for the whole match while inside a match full of Radar ship

so it is explainable to see BB captains bring their brown pants when they are targeted by enemy Destroyer

BB is not supposed to push, while it can eat dmg, it "CAN'T" deflect or doge dmg much

BB also does not mean to absorb damage

they are "heavy Floating artillery Platform" or "Heavy Armoured Floating Fortress" but never "Heavy armoured Floating Meat Shield" as you are thinking

most KMBBs are good at close quarter combat, but does not mean they are mean to push at first minute of the game, they are mean to push "only" when the opportunity arise (mostly when the enemy get thinner or weaker) 

KMBB "can" do long range attack, given they are good at aiming, but because of their, either, few number of guns (Old Fritz, Bayern, Bismarck, and Gnesenau) and lower caliber (Bismarck and Gnesenau), they are the least of your worry when in long range

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
7 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

ah this is a heavy misunderstanding

i see you truly underestimate DD firepower

DD armed with deadly torpedoes and great concealment are their greatest assets to attack battleships and possibly heavy cruiser

ever wondered why we call Torpedoes as "Noob Filter"?

a good IJN DD player could even be undetected (or rather untouchable) for the whole match while inside a match full of Radar ship

so it is explainable to see BB captains bring their brown pants when they are targeted by enemy Destroyer

BB is not supposed to push, while it can eat dmg, it "CAN'T" deflect or doge dmg much

BB also does not mean to absorb damage

they are "heavy Floating artillery Platform" or "Heavy Armoured Floating Fortress" but never "Heavy armoured Floating Meat Shield" as you are thinking

most KMBBs are good at close quarter combat, but does not mean they are mean to push at first minute of the game, they are mean to push "only" when the opportunity arise (mostly when the enemy get thinner or weaker) 

KMBB "can" do long range attack, given they are good at aiming, but because of their, either, few number of guns (Old Fritz, Bayern, Bismarck, and Gnesenau) and lower caliber (Bismarck and Gnesenau), they are the least of your worry when in long range

BB also does not mean to absorb damage, they are "heavy Floating artillery Platform" or "Heavy Armoured Floating Fortress" but never "Heavy armoured Floating Meat Shield" as you are thinking ~ you

Oh please... Then whats the point if you had the highest amount of durability. Plus if they got a brain to think how to push , i dont need no cuss to them. But rather to some go far away to their respawn. Why cant they sacrifice abit of damage sponge for that? You are letting a smaller hp like cruiser or dd going to be sunk deep. if you can think creatively then actually the pushing is worth the winning for.

Actually, i played IJN DD (Notably HSF Kageronimu ) , yes it has the ninja concealment. yes its very powerful IJN line. However that doesn't mean you are scared of just a IJN DD. I do remember i rammed a Pro Shiratsuyu inside a smoke with my Gneisenau because i dodge his torpedo and he cant do anything at the opening seas.

Also All Good/Pro/Unicum IJN DD Player aren't invincible , nowadays i get to see an quite-alarming amount of Good/Pro/Unicum Belfast and Fiji ( hence people train them for upcoming BB but what do i care for as they want for anti dd warfare ) .  I remember i killed From Fubuki to Shimakaze with just a simple mere HSF Harekaze because pushing is ez.

most KMBBs are good at close quarter combat, but does not mean they are mean to push at first minute of the game, they are mean to push "only" when the opportunity arise (mostly when the enemy get thinner or weaker)  ~ you

KMBB " CAN " however you have less minimal damage as there's no " TIGHT " Shell arc in a long distance.. from scale up to 1000 - 3000 , unless RNG gave you 10K - 20K .

As for opportunity, i don't recall people don't use  that opportunity. Majority whom are new to German BB is unlikely to do so, even to those veterans. I use my Opportunity when i want to pressure the enemy thinking you are the larger threat and they might need to run from it ( If its  T5 - T7 )

Yuro aka ( EUROBEAT ) was once threaten DD in near range of it. the DD gone be run away and launching torpedo prematurely. 

but because of their, either, few number of guns (Old Fritz, Bayern, Bismarck, and Gnesenau) and lower caliber (Bismarck and Gnesenau), they are the least of your worry when in long range

~ you

What about T9 - T10? Big Caliber still falter in the mid range or sometimes lesser than 11km. German Lines has the most dispersion I've ever seen even when i mastered Nassau long time ago ( even with patience ) RNG somehow trying to mess up my Dispersion.

I still got this terrible Flashback where the team didn't do anything ...  Teams > 0 - 14 < Enemies Kill .. ugh...

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Sign in to follow this