You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

how many strikes do you get before you get kicked from the forums?

35 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles

ermm, so a few days ago i was involved in a awkward situation involving autospell, the word Bigger and the letter N, so i got banned for a 3 days, that makes me wonder, how many strikes do you get on the forums do you get before you are forced to use your troll alt accont

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,923 battles

I suppose you could appeal the infraction, if you get the permanent hammer.

Not sure if the "auto-spelling" would be defensible though.

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
3 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

they must have been the longest three days in your life..

nah, i went and shitposted on the chinese wows forums, and beside, i've been banned for way longer then this before

Super Tester
3,920 posts
4,196 battles

It all comes down to the severity of the breach.   Some things are and instant ban while otherd will gradually build up your points and the penalties increase with each breach of rules.   I've seen a lot of players banned when I was active on the WoT forums and only saw a few allowed back on a pretty strict probation 

[LBAS]
4,581 posts
26,011 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 4:49 AM, drakon233 said:

ermm, so a few days ago i was involved in a awkward situation involving autospell, the word Bigger and the letter N, so i got banned for a 3 days, that makes me wonder, how many strikes do you get on the forums do you get before you are forced to use your troll alt accont

what is it?

no one know! so pay attention

2,249 posts
13,967 battles

Being a sceptic I find 2 things interesting.

1/ That (taking what @drakon233 has said at face value) despite the fact that B & N are right next to each other on the keyboard it was autospell that made the mistake.

2/ That the moderators don't take context into consideration. I am perplexed that he was banned when the context would have obviously shown it was a typo autospell mistake.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

I got banned before for using a short form for Japanese without knowing it would be considered offensive. Funny enough, that particular term is freely used throughout Wikipedia. So I guess, Wikipedia is not civil enough.

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I got banned before for using a short form for Japanese without knowing it would be considered offensive. Funny enough, that particular term is freely used throughout Wikipedia. So I guess, Wikipedia is not civil enough.

actually, it's the fact that you used japanese that got you banned, you are not allowed to use anything other then english on the english forums

7 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Being a sceptic I find 2 things interesting.

1/ That (taking what @drakon233 has said at face value) despite the fact that B & N are right next to each other on the keyboard it was autospell that made the mistake.

2/ That the moderators don't take context into consideration. I am perplexed that he was banned when the context would have obviously shown it was a typo autospell mistake.

actually im not even sure if it was autospell or a typo becasue i only realized that the word came out wrong after i got banned, but who the heck would say a "n” kabba anyways? it's obviously a "bigger kahbba"

Edited by drakon233

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,923 battles
21 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

what is it?

no one know! so pay attention

1. A racial insult, worst of the kind

2. In NA forum, 3 5 strikes and you are banned forever from the forum

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

2. In NA forum, 3 strikes and you are banned forever from the forum

huh, i got 15 strikes abut im still kicking...

they really should put it out in the rules...

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

actually, it's the fact that you used japanese that got you banned, you are not allowed to use anything other then english on the english forums

No no, I used a three letter short form for the word "Japanese", not something in Japanese language. :P

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,923 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rules-violations-policy-updates/

Official statement from NA server forum.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

Well, if it's not in the rules, then may be you don't get kicked out? Idk, I think PM a moderator and ask.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

2. In NA forum, 3 strikes and you are banned forever from the forum

It says 5 though.

Five (5) strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
Just now, stratmania said:

On NA things are way more lenient tho. You can call people all sorts of things and not fear a single ban.

That is incorrect. NA forum is a lot more active, and things routinely slip unnoticed unless reported. The volume of posts that need to be moderated means you're more likely to get away with things.

Just like how lots of people break the speed limit on roads, but only a handful ever get caught.

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
4 minutes ago, amade said:

That is incorrect. NA forum is a lot more active, and things routinely slip unnoticed unless reported. The volume of posts that need to be moderated means you're more likely to get away with things.

Just like how lots of people break the speed limit on roads, but only a handful ever get caught.

so what's the limit here?

and how do i apeal, i've already sent a ticket 3 days ago appealing but no reply since, so im wondering if there is any other channel

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

so what's the limit here?

and how do i apeal, i've already sent a ticket 3 days ago appealing but no reply since, so im wondering if there is any other channel

You'll know when you start getting suspensions instead of Read Only sanctions. It means that rule violations have been excessive/repetitive, and further transgressions will result in longer suspensions until you are permanently banned.

Appeals are done via Support.

1,079 posts
3,888 battles
4 minutes ago, amade said:

I have seen a delayed ban/warning happen earlier this year on NA.A player had posted something months before,and it wasn't till it was reported that the mods knew about it and the infringement given.

16 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

No no,I used a three letter short form for the word "Japanese", not something in Japanese language. :P

I still think its stupid that that is considered offensive.I was out in the suburb of Thomastown in Melbourne,Australia late last year,and there is a car wrecker there named 'XXX Heaven Auto Recyclers'.If its supposed to be so offensive these days how did they that through as a business name in the very PC local government/business bureau.And the search on google I just did to find it shows another half dozen or so business's with XXX in the name!

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
3 minutes ago, amade said:

You'll know when you start getting suspensions instead of Read Only sanctions. It means that rule violations have been excessive/repetitive, and further transgressions will result in longer suspensions until you are permanently banned.

Appeals are done via Support.

what's the diffrence between read only and suspension

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

what's the diffrence between read only and suspension

With a suspension, you can't even access the forum. If the violations are severe enough, sanctions may be applied to your game account as well.