You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Some more CV Suggestions

9 comments in this topic

423 posts

Hello Y'all, 

With the recent CV issue on WG side, it got me thinking about what a lot of the Youtubers complained about.  Not about the main issue, that's the CV side of things, but about for most of them, a related issue.  CVs are broken.  When is the fix coming?  WG, why don't your devs play CVs? (Russian Server)

Anyways, I'm a BB/Cruiser Main for the most part.  Can't wait for British BBs and Italian Cruisers coming.  So, I know fixing CVs would raise their population and hurt my own ability in the game, but it's fun (for me at least) to dodge the planes and their strikes.

Anyways, these are in general ways to fix CVs that I think would be a way for WG to follow as some of them, I haven't read anywhere before.

1) All loadouts need at least 1 fighter to at least give the player a chance against the other CV.  Just the option alone would go a long way to fixing things balance wise.

2) Give the Tier 5 and 6 American CV one more squadron in the air.  Take them from 3 to 4 to help their managing skills and prevent fighter loudouts from just wiping the floor with them, give the fighters more than 1 target to chase that can hurt friendly ships or their own fighters.

3) In regards to DBs, WG wants to encourage players to use them to help balance and reduce air torp spam.  Ok, that's fine.  Even more, a focus on Americans as DB heavy is even historically accurate. Ok, now the problems are a) RNG so no consistent damage due to not hitting the target  b) no consistent damage when hitting the target.

So let's make HE DB super accurate, like DD guns at close range, but the trade off is low damage, with ok fire chance.  With AP DB, have super high damage, but with closer to BB dispersion, so the current manual/auto drop circles stay the same or close.  This fixes both main problems with DB and helps add balancing to the game. 

4) TB - Their fine, don't screw with them.

That's all. 

346 posts
3 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

Hello Y'all, 

With the recent CV issue on WG side, it got me thinking about what a lot of the Youtubers complained about.  Not about the main issue, that's the CV side of things, but about for most of them, a related issue.  CVs are broken.  When is the fix coming?  WG, why don't your devs play CVs? (Russian Server)

Anyways, I'm a BB/Cruiser Main for the most part.  Can't wait for British BBs and Italian Cruisers coming.  So, I know fixing CVs would raise their population and hurt my own ability in the game, but it's fun (for me at least) to dodge the planes and their strikes.

Anyways, these are in general ways to fix CVs that I think would be a way for WG to follow as some of them, I haven't read anywhere before.

1) All loadouts need at least 1 fighter to at least give the player a chance against the other CV.  Just the option alone would go a long way to fixing things balance wise.

2) Give the Tier 5 and 6 American CV one more squadron in the air.  Take them from 3 to 4 to help their managing skills and prevent fighter loudouts from just wiping the floor with them, give the fighters more than 1 target to chase that can hurt friendly ships or their own fighters.

3) In regards to DBs, WG wants to encourage players to use them to help balance and reduce air torp spam.  Ok, that's fine.  Even more, a focus on Americans as DB heavy is even historically accurate. Ok, now the problems are a) RNG so no consistent damage due to not hitting the target  b) no consistent damage when hitting the target.

So let's make HE DB super accurate, like DD guns at close range, but the trade off is low damage, with ok fire chance.  With AP DB, have super high damage, but with closer to BB dispersion, so the current manual/auto drop circles stay the same or close.  This fixes both main problems with DB and helps add balancing to the game. 

4) TB - They're fine, don't screw with them.

That's all. 

1) agreed

2) Maybe Tier 7/8 stock load outs can have 4 squads but not 5/6

3) AP bombs are overrated

4) Accurate DB solves one problem (RNG) but starts another (Alpha damage)

423 posts
1 hour ago, BravaZulu296 said:

1) agreed

2) Maybe Tier 7/8 stock load outs can have 4 squads but not 5/6

3) AP bombs are overrated

4) Accurate DB solves one problem (RNG) but starts another (Alpha damage)

3) What WG wants, whatever

4) Accurate HE DB only, with low alpha damage like DD guns.  Lots of hits, but low damage, but consistent.  AP, low hits, but lots of damage. That's the idea anyways.

6 posts
2,814 battles

here's a good idea try buffing the ranger give it good fighters( HP, and durability) the bombers need more accurate bombs and good speed and the american CV's need more planes in the air( fighters mostly) to counter the IJN CV's theyre strike group and try to nerf the saipan that CV has tier 9 planes VS weak tier 7 planes in the ranger and some torp planes it need some air power againts some ships

Beta Tester
3 posts
1,182 battles
On 28/8/2560 at 0:10 PM, BunnyDragon said:

Hello Y'all, 

That's all. 

i tnink cv usa is op now stop buff usa more and buff Cv IJN 

[AUHAX]
27 posts
3,093 battles

I just went from AS bouge to independence and got slaught by straifing ryojo, t5 i could leave planes over bb's all match and be lucky to loose 1 or 2, there is a massive jump in aa when getting to t6 cv example last bb on enemy team was a iowa and my planes didnt even get close

97 posts
13,731 battles

CVs need skill-based matchmaking. End of story.

If CV players have to wait in the queue longer, then so be it.

11 other players should not have their game ruined because the matchmaker paired your 30% CV against a 80% WR CV

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 10:40 AM, BunnyDragon said:

Hello Y'all, 

I agree with this totally

Not the T5. The bogue is very frustrating to play against already

Sounds good. I had another idea, change the circle to multiple dots showing where each bomb will drop. Bomber formation can be a variable between different CVs giving variety and at the same time reducing RNG.

That's all.