You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

Graf Zepellin pulled from Premium Shop

39 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

I just hope they come to their senses about iChase. Give him a warning, put him on probation / whatever. He has produced a lot of quality output, WG and Chase just need to have an adult discussion.

Edited by j0e90

318 posts
6,863 battles

Wargaming has done the right thing by taking the ship out of the store, which shows that they are respecting and listening to their feedback. 

Hopefully they will spend some time in reworking and testing to make it the Premium that's worth of a slot in our port. 

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Here's WG's statement which they posted on reddit. I expect it will be posted on the forums and/or website pretty soon.

Key points to note:

Refunds are being offered.

You can keep the GZ if you don't want a refund and continue testing her as a supertester.

And yes we were right. The Graf Zeppelin was indeed rushed out for Gamescom.

Edited by Thyaliad

334 posts
13,006 battles

They got to stop the knee jerk reactions against criticism. It just hurts them in the end. How hard is it to understand their community contributor's are their best free advertising ffs. 

That second point would be a good idea sell heavily discounted ships for feedback from the general community like you get beta games on steam.

Edited by Grimnar42

1,105 posts

waow, they really did it! its good and brave decision. not everyone want to admit their mistake, well, when GZ out with a bit buff... i am going to buy it next time.

alright everyone, lets ask dev for 15km secondary and repair party. who need dive bomber if you can phew phew from 15km....

372 posts
10,097 battles
4 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

waow, they really did it! its good and brave decision. not everyone want to admit their mistake, well, when GZ out with a bit buff... i am going to buy it next time.

alright everyone, lets ask dev for 15km secondary and repair party. who need dive bomber if you can phew phew from 15km....

I got a better idea, how about you stop using the forums?

372 posts
10,097 battles
Just now, Skarhabek said:

nice idea :cap_look: you cannt see me now!

i am serious this time

Can't tell if troll or just stupid

Edited by WongSongMing

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Here's WG's statement which they posted on reddit. I expect it will be posted on the forums and/or website pretty soon.

Key points to note:

Refunds are being offered.

You can keep the GZ if you don't want a refund and continue testing her as a supertester.

And yes we were right. The Graf Zeppelin was indeed rushed out for Gamescom.

Wow. sounds like head office have stepped in. I'm picking a shakeup at WG NA. Best possible result.

WG really need to get some clear guidelines out there for the CCs.

A complete reversal from that "The GZ is fine, you guys need to learn to play" post.

I *might* just pickup that Warspite special now.....

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

Ha. Hahaha. Quite the backpedal eh? Where are the git guds now huh? Where are the "damage is not everything in a CV" remarks now?

Going from this 

to this 

If you want to tell us to git gud at least tell us how to instead of doubling down and making yourself sound like arrogant people who are magically above the players in skill. Because Sub Oct himself said that the CV devs are not as good as the best CV players. You have already lost that argument from the get-go.

Lets see what they do this time, because this reflects extremely poorly on them.

Edited by stratmania

326 posts
10,519 battles

Some of my honest though after Graf Zeppelin incident.

Lately, it seems this becoming a "trend" with WG, and not a really good one at all.

With the whole mess up - "unfinished  tested"  Graf Zeppelin & iChase incident (and other CC said the same thing, WG didnt take any action on them with iChase as exception), it seems like there's mindless scrambling, random lies thrown around ("it's a finished product") and then come some horribly anti-community behavior until someone who has actually had some PR education shows up and clears up the whole mess up the way it should have been done from the start.

This is twice in a in short time it has happened (5 month ago WoT & SirFotch incident) & now it's already happen in WoW, which is involved all WoW communities. Maybe  for the next time, just let those PR person to handle it from the start.

Honestly, it's just really pathetic to saw people congratulate WG for doing what par for the course of any sane company.

It's like watching a graduation for pre-schoolers, it's an utter waste of time for everyone involved. Later, we're going back here sooner rather than later and everyone will repeat this kind of process:

Spoiler

1) Someone finally has enough and snaps.
2) WG gets pissed someone had enough of their "stuff" and does something even more stupid. Community pretends to be mad for a while so they can pretend they have principles.
3) WG smiles ruefully and apologises with open palms for something they never should have done in the first place.

4) Community praises WG for "learning" and they continue to fork over money.
5) Repeat steps above at every available opportunity for making cash.

What a bloody circus.

Don't get me wrong. I love & support this game.

I don't mind to spend my money in this game (heck this is the game I've spend even more) but this....this incident shouldn't be happen. 

We don't need you to never make mistakes again, just don't make mistakes that you definitely saw coming in advance & then doubling down and telling the community to "git gud" (just like this one).

Edited by ArchKongou

Super Tester
2,725 posts
27 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

It was around P2.5k. I really wanted to buy her but I got no money atm.

Same, no money and they should have left it in store but still with option to refund it.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
908 posts
3 hours ago, Kamanah said:

Wargaming has done the right thing by taking the ship out of the store, which shows that they are respecting and listening to their feedback. 

Hopefully they will spend some time in reworking and testing to make it the Premium that's worth of a slot in our port. 

Lol they can keep selling it to the suckers if they want. I have seen a few suckers buy it. Moreso than seeing nelsons in the game.