You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

WG Please give us MM for RADAR, we need it !!!

22 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Well this evening I had a game where the enemy had 7 Radar ships to my 3, this was literally the craziest MM I have seen in ages. Situations like this shouldn't occur as the end result was never in doubt, capping was nearly impossible and the never ending Radar spam has to be experienced to be truly understood. I will say the funniest thing was my Clan mates were on the other side & on voice comms they were pissing themselves laughing at me in my Fletcher not to mention my horrible luck.

Spoiler

59a179d36dfe8_Screenshot(278).thumb.png.25ed455d3be7ec4676da54f59da9f894.png59a18b31355f2_Screenshot(280).thumb.png.ee9db9cf25491463744dbdbc9b604f5e.png

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles
16 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

How about i suggest to Remove Radar for Tier IX and X Regular tech tree and just put it on Premiums only?

No that is a terrible idea & would move the game towards a P2W model, your idea if put into place would cause thousands of players to would the game. All Radar needs is a basic MM algorithm so that 1 sidee doesn't get such an insane amount of Radar compared to the enemy team.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
4 minutes ago, Bob778_ said:

No that is a terrible idea & would move the game towards a P2W model, your idea if put into place would cause thousands of players to would the game. All Radar needs is a basic MM algorithm so that 1 sidee doesn't get such an insane amount of Radar compared to the enemy team.

This is easy to do except the playerbase is tiny to implement.

At odd hours , it isnt rare to have 1 to 3k players and at max i have only seen 12k.

That is a very small base to crack unless you are willing to wait 5+min for a match. Time is more important and should not be wasted

372 posts
10,097 battles
10 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

At odd hours , it isnt rare to have 1 to 3k players and at max i have only seen 12k.

That is a very small base to crack unless you are willing to wait 5+min for a match. Time is more important and should not be wasted

Oh I didn't know moving one or two radar ships from one side to the other needs 5 minutes.. looks like you learn something everyday.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
11 hours ago, Bob778_ said:

If that's the case this needs to be applied to other consumables as well. Hydro, AA Defense, Torpedo Reload Booster, etc.

Nobody wants insane amount of AA def, Hydro, etc. on 1 team right?

Wait..... is that even "basic" MM algorithm at all? 

Frankly, I had to go with what legionary said. This is not a right time or not feasible to implement.

Since the MM is very dependent on whatever ships available in the random battle queue. Unless you really willing to wait long for your preferred match.

11 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Good luck with getting anything more complicated with what we have put into the MM:

There was a complaint about the balancer not balancing sub-classes equally - e.g. one side can have 2 Grozovois, balanced by the other side having 2 Khabarovsks (instead of both having one of each); since they are different sub-classes (DD and DL), this is imperfect, and the balancer should account for sub-class as well. The devs answer that this is too complicated and it's not good to overload the balancer.

If they can't do that,or even get premium versions of tech tree ships split while setting up teams which has also been asked for then setting up MM for radar is out of the question!

372 posts
10,097 battles
31 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

If that's the case this needs to be applied to other consumables as well. Hydro, AA Defense, Torpedo Reload Booster, etc.

Nobody wants insane amount of AA def, Hydro, etc. on 1 team right?

Wait..... is that even "basic" MM algorithm at all? 

Frankly, I had to go with what legionary said. This is not a right time or not feasible to implement.

Since the MM is very dependent on whatever ships available in the random battle queue. Unless you really willing to wait long for your preferred match.

Nice slippery slope fallacy. Radar is far more powerful than all these other consumables and no one is asking for these other consumables to be balanced. How hard is it to shuffle the radars in a match so that there isn't a large radar disparity?

5 posts
8,550 battles

Dont have radar is an acceptable situation.

For more they need to balance the nations, as what they already said years ago.

Think about it, in a domination battle we have 3 Shimakaze against 2 Gearing and a Z52, that's not only what really happened in the past, but also what is happening now. I dont mean Shimakaze is a bad ship, but it just doesnt suit the MM and the exact battle, even the MM makes 2 Shimakaze plus Z52 against 2 Gearing plus Shimakaze, it could be much more better, since we know on both side, friendly DDs have the ability to dogfight and we have the chioce to push.

Edited by Xthedra_ST

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles
41 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Nice slippery slope fallacy. Radar is far more powerful than all these other consumables and no one is asking for these other consumables to be balanced. How hard is it to shuffle the radars in a match so that there isn't a large radar disparity?

Honestly, radar is a little overrated imo, sure it gives an area where you can't hide in, but radar is pretty easy to bait, and 20 secs for a DD isn't THAT hard. Heck, I was in a T8 match in my Anshan yesterday, a Chapayev took it upon himself to hunt me down, I've been spotted quite a few times by his radar, and by WASD hacks and terrain abuse I managed to survive. He isn't a bad Chapayev player, top exp earned and rank 1 from what I saw in the battle results, and given that I'm not the best player (Ok, barely good... OK, shit player) it should say something about radar. That said, if you have a certain number of radar ships, then it can ruin your day, cause by cycling they can keep you away from cap for long periods of time. Then again, german hydro is pretty damn good too in that aspect. If you get spotted by hydro in a bad position, you die, you can't wait the hydro out, whereas a 20 sec radar gives you some time before the enemy team wakes up and kill you

64 posts
3,175 battles

It can be pretty challenging at times for individual cruisers to take down DD's from good health, as the DD player can focus the WASDing entirely to counter them. But when co-ordinated it is certainly overwhelming.

980 posts
12,617 battles
14 hours ago, Bob778_ said:

Well this evening I had a game where the enemy had 7 Radar ships to my 3, this was literally the craziest MM I have seen in ages. Situations like this shouldn't occur as the end result was never in doubt, capping was nearly impossible and the never ending Radar spam has to be experienced to be truly understood. I will say the funniest thing was my Clan mates were on the other side & on voice comms they were pissing themselves laughing at me in my Fletcher not to mention my horrible luck.

Hide contents

59a179d36dfe8_Screenshot(278).thumb.png.25ed455d3be7ec4676da54f59da9f894.png59a18b31355f2_Screenshot(280).thumb.png.ee9db9cf25491463744dbdbc9b604f5e.png

But what if the Baltimores had spotter planes? :Smile_ohmy:

372 posts
10,097 battles
41 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I don't think putting that kind of restriction on MM is even possible or feasible. What WG can easily do is, limit RADAR ships to 1 in division. That should solve the problem to a good extent.

How hard is it to move a radar ship or two from one side to the other? Other than divs of course.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

How hard is it to move a radar ship or two from one side to the other? Other than divs of course.

Apparently from the replies so far Incredibly difficult, if the MM would have switched the single un-Div'd Balti, it would have changed us from 7-3 to 6-4 so while still unbalanced at least it wasn't completely broken

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,384 battles

While DD players complaining too many radars in the enemy team
CV players also complaining too many ships with DFAA on the other side.

its called "randombattle" for a reason
you can always have your most desired match in training room :D

372 posts
10,097 battles
1 hour ago, R3negade said:

While DD players complaining too many radars in the enemy team
CV players also complaining too many ships with DFAA on the other side.

its called "randombattle" for a reason
you can always have your most desired match in training room :D

Radar is far more impactful and rare than defensive AA and as such should be taken into account for the matchmaking. Logic.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
31 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Radar is far more impactful and rare than defensive AA and as such should be taken into account for the matchmaking. Logic.

There are BB players that wish DD to play in the different matchmaking

We know DD brings more impact to the gane than an imbalanced number of BB match

And there are more DDs than Radar ship

Your point?

Edited by Harpoon01

460 posts
8,281 battles

They are random battles, sometimes you have an advantage sometimes you have a disadvantage. Would you be complaining if it was your team that had the advantage? Looks like divisions are the likely cause of what happened in this specific case, I can't really blame the MM for not being able to resolve that.

I don't think WG should cave to peoples MM demands, mostly because people don't want to admit they were at fault for poor performance, but would rather blame MM and make some demand for change just to suite them. We have plenty of threads along these lines. I'm not saying that you fit that profile, but we all know MM is one of the first things people blame when they have an epic fail.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,384 battles
8 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

If there is no DFAA, CV would do the job of spotting Destroyers as well as their torpedoes.

Thus if the radar ship is just a solo player, is not going to be very effective lol

Both consumables are top class in terms of impactful. Common sense.

Not sure why so many restrictions should exist, this game is getting easier and easier to play.

Edited by R3negade