You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

About the Pinned "Update on Graf Zeppelin" post

14 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,482 battles

Anyone else think it was a load of PR (insert random expletive of your choice) rubbish? 

WG are saying, trust us drop $80 on a CV with at best a highly suspect loadout. Combine that The ichase fiasco,and this, "we are sorry you feel that way " style post and I am seriously questioning if this is a company I want to continue to support. I've dropped a far bit of $$$ on WG over the years, but this is making look at what I have spent, and what I could get from the Steam store for the same spend.

Edited by j0e90

317 posts
6,862 battles

And i quote Scharfschuetzen " the more you play and practice and study her, the more she reacts better."

I would like to ask Mr Scharfschuetzen that if it seems fair that people should pay $60-$70 to play a ship that received such radical changes to the point where its no longer the ship people i.e CC and testers have described in their initial feedback? Also Mr Scharfschuetzen thinks that we should play more... implying that we should purchase the Graf Zeppelin so "we" the none testers can get a feel for her.... and probably hate it even more because "we" had to purchase the ship.  I'm sorry, but i will not purchase a ship that has been critically hated by what i would call "fair" WG-CC's. We all understand the "Work on Progress - Stats can change etc", but how this was done has pretty much sunk the ship.

Speaking for myself (others may also do this), i spend time on reading up on potential Premium ship purchases based on the feedback from such CC as Notser, iChase and Flamuu to get a better understanding of how the ship "may" perform for myself. The only ship i didn't research on was Atlanta, and i have myself to blame.  I have never enjoyed playing the Atlanta.

I've watched a few Graf Zeppelin videos on YouTube and all of them have struggled with getting to 60k damage because of how the DB works, and also how fragile the planes seem to be. If the Graf Zeppelin is in a T9 or T10 match its going to be seriously underwhelming for the player... heart breaking in fact.

WG has every right to release what they think is the "Best" possible product, which is fine, they are here to turn a coin. But it is the players right to also choose to buy or not to buy based on their findings of a ship. We have to remember that it is a "Buyers" market. Lets hope that in the future WG will take more of a note on the feedback they are given.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles
42 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

And i quote Scharfschuetzen " the more you play and practice and study her, the more she reacts better."

I would like to ask Mr Scharfschuetzen that if it seems fair that people should pay $60-$70 to play a ship that received such radical changes to the point where its no longer the ship people i.e CC and testers have described in their initial feedback? Also Mr Scharfschuetzen thinks that we should play more... implying that we should purchase the Graf Zeppelin so "we" the none testers can get a feel for her.... and probably hate it even more because "we" had to purchase the ship.  I'm sorry, but i will not purchase a ship that has been critically hated by what i would call "fair" WG-CC's. We all understand the "Work on Progress - Stats can change etc", but how this was done has pretty much sunk the ship.

Speaking for myself (others may also do this), i spend time on reading up on potential Premium ship purchases based on the feedback from such CC as Notser, iChase and Flamuu to get a better understanding of how the ship "may" perform for myself. The only ship i didn't research on was Atlanta, and i have myself to blame.  I have never enjoyed playing the Atlanta.

I've watched a few Graf Zeppelin videos on YouTube and all of them have struggled with getting to 60k damage because of how the DB works, and also how fragile the planes seem to be. If the Graf Zeppelin is in a T9 or T10 match its going to be seriously underwhelming for the player... heart breaking in fact.

WG has every right to release what they think is the "Best" possible product, which is fine, they are here to turn a coin. But it is the players right to also choose to buy or not to buy based on their findings of a ship. We have to remember that it is a "Buyers" market. Lets hope that in the future WG will take more of a note on the feedback they are given.

Atlanta isn't about performance, but rather the fun factor that anyone that over extends will burn to death in your hail of HE shells

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles
41 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

give him a break, he/she was just ordered to post it.

its wg management fault for covering the #$%@ mistake, they will never admit of releasing unfinished ship to try cashing-in the hype on gamescom.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

And it seems there are no shortage of willing buyers,  at least on this server from all the Graf Zeppelins I see being played.

How they can just willingly spend over 70 bucks on what is basically an AS Lexington with a few added gimmicks is something I don't understand.

Edited by Thyaliad

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

And it seems there are no shortage of willing buyers,  at least on this server from all the Graf Zeppelins I see being played.

How they can just willingly spend over 70 bucks on what is basically an AS Lexington with a few added gimmicks is something I don't understand.

Kancolle anyone ?

That aside, there are just as many request for refund as well which will hugely affect WG financial credibility and their stock.

GZ is also eligible for a law suit in the EU as a bad quality product put on the market if you know what i mean

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
28 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Kancolle anyone ?

That aside, there are just as many request for refund as well which will hugely affect WG financial credibility and their stock.

GZ is also eligible for a law suit in the EU as a bad quality product put on the market if you know what i mean

That's some dedication to their KC waifus. And this is coming from somebody who bought the HSF Graf Spee because lol loli captains.

Take a look at ships like Kaga, Mutsu and Prinz Eugen. All are serviceable ships that can train captains. But the Zeppelin is mediocre and cannot train Captains due to the lack of a German CV line.

If anything the KC fans should be insulted for seeing the Wows incarnation of their waifu in such a pitiable state. :Smile_sad:

I would rather take that money spent on the Zeppelin and get her KC figurine or something. :Smile_coin:

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
37 minutes ago, cplbao said:

70 bux can barely get a nendroid these days

Yeah they are freakin expensive. Which is why I don't usually buy Nendroids in the first place. Just get a normal figurine. Saw a couple snazzy Shokakus and Zuikakus at a neighbourhood hobby store for like 40 bucks each.

Anyway about the WG's response, pretty much all the servers had a similar response pinned in their forums.

Basically, saying that the players are bad because they can't get the Zeppelin to work, despite that the fact that even super-unicum CV players like Farazelleth are saying it is bad.

Oh and also admitting that the Graf Zeppelin was released in an unfinished state. If WG is planning to add TBs, then why can't they hold the release until then? What's the hurry? Oh yeah, gamescom. :etc_red_button:

Edited by Thyaliad

1,125 posts

to convince the player that Zeppelin is workable, I think WG and staff need to pose a replay that show of a good or at least decent match of Zeppelin

no one gonna convince if all they said is ship stat is fine.

okay! dev-team, use the zeppelin yourself and play it in live server!

show them if this ship is good as you said!! and worth the money!

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,232 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

to convince the player that Zeppelin is workable, I think WG and staff need to pose a replay that show of a good or at least decent match of Zeppelin

no one gonna convince if all they said is ship stat is fine.

okay! dev-team, use the zeppelin yourself and play it in live server!

show them if this ship is good as you said!! and worth the money!

The HE bomb setup is workable against T6-T8 MM.

What WG doesn't understand however, is gameplay experience wise, a dive bomber only loadout with very mediocre fighters isn't worth 70 bucks and they are basically fishing and cheating on potatoes in this game. 

I mean, if GZ is considered ok and balance, then AS Shokaku would not be  considered the only viable CV choice in tournaments since the release of the IJN CV line.

(And if you wonder why WG thinks a 10 second delay on AP bombs is fine, that is because they used RU randoms meta for balance, which is, quite a "relaxing" meta...)

Edited by CCloak

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

That's some dedication to their KC waifus. And this is coming from somebody who bought the HSF Graf Spee because lol loli captains.

Take a look at ships like Kaga, Mutsu and Prinz Eugen. All are serviceable ships that can train captains. But the Zeppelin is mediocre and cannot train Captains due to the lack of a German CV line.

If anything the KC fans should be insulted for seeing the Wows incarnation of their waifu in such a pitiable state. :Smile_sad:

I would rather take that money spent on the Zeppelin and get her KC figurine or something. :Smile_coin:

Oi, WAIFU = LAIFU. Nuff said, that is the golden rule that shall not be broken. Heck, I got the Prinz Eugen cause waifu reasons, don't ask me about my mental stability after I bragged about it to my friends and they said "Remember, PRINZ Eugen"

Also, give the similar play style of Prinz Eugen and New Orleans, buying the Prinz was a leap of faith, if you compare my stats in those 2, you'll understand what I'm talking about

Edited by FishyPower

5 posts
8,550 battles
15 hours ago, Kamanah said:

Since the auto-drop means 100% miss when using the AP bombers, the AP can only used manually.

But does it work? ----NO.

Here's what i saw as a battleship or a battlecruiser:

U see the bombers showed up , u're on full speed even about 20kts, u saw the drop, at the same time u press S, Q or E, and ur safe from the bombing run.

That's what happens when a GZ uses the AP.

It's not a matter of practice, it's the matter of luck. Just like shooting a MK6 gun at 20+km range.