Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Is Hood a fun ship to play with?

8 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,216 battles

So it's the Brits week and I want to buy a premium ship to play with. It's definitely not the Nelson cuz I am saving ammo for my free EXP cannon. So is HMS Hood fun to play? Or should I buy another Belfast to get the doubloon compensation so I can add more free EXP to go all the way to Conqueror when the RN BB line gets released?

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

If you are deciding between Belfast and Hood, then Belfast wins. It is OP and fun to play and you can carry.

Hood after all the buffs is still decidedly average at best. She lacks the DPM to be fun in anything other than co-op. She's pretty though I guess.

If you already own Belfast, why buy another :o I think it's gold to credits bonus conversion weekend.

But no, I cannot recommend the hood unless you are a collector or just love you some RN BB.

317 posts
6,852 battles
Just now, Pocket_Fox said:

If you are deciding between Belfast and Hood, then Belfast wins. It is OP and fun to play and you can carry.

Hood after all the buffs is still decidedly average at best. She lacks the DPM to be fun in anything other than co-op. She's pretty though I guess.

If you already own Belfast, why buy another :o I think it's gold to credits bonus conversion weekend.

But no, I cannot recommend the hood unless you are a collector or just love you some RN BB.

You must also take into account the IFHE changes should they happen. This will hinder the Belfast. Also the Belfast doesn't benefit from the shorter fuse for their AP shells that other RH lines share.

I have the Hood as well as the Belfast... and in its current state with IFHE the Belfast is very strong bordering to OP. The Hood is decent with its output, but i feel the accuracy isn't as good as i would like, but when the shells hit they punch hard. People have said that the AA is amazing on the Hood.... but i feel as if its a little lackluster, probably because the aircraft for the most part were T2 above me.  

1,386 posts
8,216 battles
38 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

I've been having a Belfast for ages and she is now training my Dunkirk cap in coop. I'm thinking about either buy the Belfast pack for cheap doubloons (cuz I'll get doubloon compensation for having a Belfast in dock) or get a Hood

Edited by _Halcyon

178 posts
3,793 battles

Hood is fun but she is very long, doesn't turn fast and you can't show your sides to BB's and there's no secondaries to speak of.  But she is fast and her guns are pretty good.  You will punch through armour.  Once you learn her quirks, like anything, she is fun and good money maker.  Just don't be tempted by her size to go duke it out with BB's.  Use her speed for hit and run on them, just how she was intended. 

459 posts
8,260 battles

I think Hood is ok, Her guns are accurate enough and she can tank, but you have to be careful of torpedoes as she suffers badly when hit by them. One thing she has is she's very fast, so you can get into and out of trouble quickly. Her AP seems to work well on cruisers, and you can damage Battleships well but you may have to fire HE at higher tier ships than you. Against T7 and lower BBs you can bully them fairly well.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,296 battles

i have the hood warspite and belfast remember the hood was due for a refit before she was sunk so her 1920s gunnery is not as accurate as warspites but she is faster and maneuverable with upgrades and at least a 10 point captain

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Is it fun? Yes. Tier 7 MM and big guns, great for hunting cruisers and destroyers. But will it be my pick? No. The hood is unique and her run and gun play style keeps you on the edge. Fantastic maneuverability and speed are her key characteristics, though she wouldn't win any awards for survivability or artillery. It may also (potentially) be a struggle when it comes to fighting similar or higher tier battleships, not to mention that she isn't particularly special in any aspect (some say the AA is good, but I think otherwise). Not the highest return of investment on a premium ship, but if fun is what you are looking for, give her a go!

Sign in to follow this