Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

I met a USS Missouri Veteran and witness to Signing of Japanese WW2 surrender

12 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,583 battles

Hell everyone!

So I've been away for a bit but today I met a Missouri veteran, I was getting off the bus and I saw this guy with a cap with the USS Missouri emblem on it so I stopped and asked him how he got it, he said that he served on-board the Mo during late WW2 the Korean war, he was on the ship in Tokyo bay when the Japanese surrendered and SAW the Japanese signatories sign the instrument of surrender. I was just in awe and crazed so I was just like, Wow, thats amazing, that must've been incredible and stuff like that. Might've been in Sydney because of the Stanford v Rice uni clash? Anyways just thought this was so amazing that I had to tell you guys.

USS_Missouri_transfers.JPG

1024px-KoreanWarNavyGunfire.jpg1024px-Douglas_MacArthur_signs_formal_surrender.jpg

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

reminds me of one of my dad's friends, when he went to study at the states he got to know his wife, who was his teacher, and so when i went there they were really friendly to me. i didnt know till last summer, but he served in the marines during WW2, was there at Normandy and a few others, got pulled back to the states from Belgium before things went SNAFU.he had this awesome collection of war memorabilia in his garage , inculding a real luger and a few rifles.

i never knew this as a kid but he got real sick from multiple cancers and tumors last summer so i went over there to see him again, and he shared a lot of war stories with me and showed me his collection. he bought the farm in that fall tho, R.I.P

(just felt like shareing this)

Edited by drakon233

1,105 posts

lets derail this thread with CV salt :

uhm lets see.....

:cap_wander:         for awesomeness in sailing with Mo      :Smile_honoring:

oh Missouri got insane AA than Iowa.... lets try bomb it with Graf Zeppelin and see if it works.

its not subliminal message. German Science is no#1

________

well, you should tell us more about his story and what he did in Missouri. if he is in AA crew i am going to hate him :V

6 hours ago, ellofiend said:

1024px-Douglas_MacArthur_signs_formal_surrender.jpg

is he in this photo?

Edited by Skarhabek

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
5 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

lets derail this thread with CV salt :

uhm lets see.....

:cap_wander:         for awesomeness in sailing with Mo      :Smile_honoring:

oh Missouri got insane AA than Iowa.... lets try bomb it with Graf Zeppelin and see if it works.

its not subliminal message. German Science is no#1

________

well, you should tell us more about his story and what he did in Missouri. if he is in AA crew i am going to hate him :V

is he in this photo?

I was going to answer this with information I got when I was last on the ship, but saw that you just can't help yourself and continue to pollute the threads like this with shitpoasting.

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I was going to answer this with information I got when I was last on the ship, but saw that you just can't help yourself and continue to pollute the threads like this with shitpoasting.

i know it, you must be Missouri AA crew :cap_wander_2: 

anyway its true i cannt stop doing stupid thing.... oh just whay....

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
9 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

is he in this photo?

Notice all the men in this photo all appear to be middle aged?...the photo was taken 72 years ago... connect the dots.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

There are a few left.   5 Arizona veterans marched in the Memorial Day Parade and several hundred other veterans attended the ceremonies at Pearl harbour last year for the 75th anniversary

283 posts
3,583 battles
On 8/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, drakon233 said:

that, well that really cool, nice story bro. BTW where did you meet him?

probably dont know but, burwood?, inner-west subs. Bus-stop outside west-fields Also thankyou

Sign in to follow this