You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Liamv4696

Tier V Carrier fighters

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Decided I'd play my Zuiho at least once after they nerfed the crap out of low tier carriers, and it occured to me after I got destroyed by two Bogues. How does the Zuiho beat a Bogue's fighters. One is clearly better than the other and you have nothing to combat them.

What am I supposed to do when matched up with an american carrier, his fighters just wreck me.

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Every type of ship in every nation doesnt seem to get enjoyable until tier VII..

Its a bit frustrating sometimes..

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Just played another game in my Zuiho. Up against a Bogue. Who sent 12 fighers and just annihilated my entire flight. Then parked them just off the end of the carrier and waited for me to launch aircraft.

How is that balanced?

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

You are right, with the removal of strafe there is nothing you can do to combat them, short of baiting him over heavy friendly AA. The trick is to not engage the Bogue's fighters in the first place.

If it is an AS Bogue, you can at least take comfort from the fact that he is not going to be contributing much damage with his 1 DB squadron. If you pull off one successful strike, you have done far more damage then he could have ever hope to do.

Even if he wipes out your planes, so what? He just turned the game into a 11v11 match. That is why people AS Bogues are <insert horrible disease here>. All they do is make other CV's lives miserable. They hardly contribute to their own team other than "cancelling" out the enemy CV. And if they want to cancel the enemy CV, the best thing they should do is just not queue CVs in the first place.

The only real thing he can do to harm your team is perma-spot your team's IJN DDs. But if he is using his fighters to spot, that means your strike aircraft can roam the map for targets of opportunity.

346 posts
14 minutes ago, Liamv4696 said:

Every type of ship in every nation doesnt seem to get enjoyable until tier VII..

Its a bit frustrating sometimes..

no, i mean it gets worst at tier 7 but at tier 6,7,8,9 you are superior to your all you USN counterparts except for Saipan which is why it gets worse at tier 7, Saipan is basically bogue on steroids not only are it's fighters better than yours (like bogue's is better than yours) it planes will also be extremely fast, alot faster than yours.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

They hardly contribute to their own team other than "cancelling" out the enemy CV. 

I'm confused here. By deleting the enemy CV aren't you prevent him from damaging your own team with his planes?  That could add up to a fair amount of damage prevented...or is the damage miniscule?

Also, if you kill him, the enemy team loses it eyes.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
5 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I'm confused here. By deleting the enemy CV aren't you prevent him from damaging your own team with his planes?  That could add up to a fair amount of damage prevented...or is the damage miniscule?

Ah, you dont see the liability of the act, when your cv is sniping , your team is blind , has no support and the enemy cv has full initiative to directly remove pushers (dd mostly), terrorizing your team into a defensive position and force your team out of all the cap , losing the map control which is deadly since its limit your team room to maneuver and expose your team to flankers.

If the snipe fail or drag on long enough, your team lose even if enemy cv is dead since he has already done his job. Bottom line : if you cant kill enemy cv within 6 min, your team will likely lose

1,105 posts

just simply split the squadron.... why the heck people always sticking their fighter. also GOT EVASIVE MANUVER, split flank and use dive bomber to lure the bogue fighter. distract and attack! if the bogue stupid enough to stick its fighter, you can strike another unguarded flank. or if bogue also split the fighter squadron, return the other flank DB, and all strike to flank with fighter, TB, and DB. of course dogfight the only single fighter it get.

also, if you manage to empty the DB, ITS very good for kiting enemy bogue fighter.... its faster, pretend to snipe enemy bogue while you are striking other ship.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
4 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Oh I wasn't talking about CV sniping though I suppose it also applies. I was more refering to the situation where the Bogues dominates the air so hard until the enemy is either de-planed or just refuses to launch any.

Anyway, the thing about CV sniping or achieving air superiority is it gives 2 main benefits. One is as you mentioned - you prevent the enemy CV from damaging your team. The other is that there are no FTs stopping you from damaging the enemy team.

With AS Bogues, they only get half the benefit. And that benefit (no enemy strikes) is already gotten if the Bogue was doing its job. Or better yet, by not even playing CV in the first place.

Being able to strike whereever they want does not mean much to AS Bogues when they only have 1 DB to do the striking, hence they don't get the 2nd benefit.

A 3rd benefit would be spotting, but I already covered that.

Edited by Thyaliad

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Bogue 2x FT storm ? kite him with an empty DB and your FT , you are faster than the 2 dummies he has. Go for his carrier , it is so slow that a donkey on bicycle is faster.

Dont manfight him , give him a marathon to run.